Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    SIMversary Gifts

@Hidehi your Cherry Blossom is lovely and beautiful!
    @LMC6255 A View From the Top is lovely! I love Ocean View
    @MsPrissy88 your Hick Family Home is lovely
    @SamelaRita your sims Hill & Ashburn are super awesome, and I would say that Chad is in my game doing a challenge!
    @ADWilson your Simone sim is lovely!
    @MsPrissy88 your Hick family is lovely!
    @seaben your Beautiful Breeze Oasis I plan to check out closely! I love new worlds to explore!

Buddy Gifts
    @SamelaRita I adore the gifts you made for me and can't wait to get them all set up to play in my game!
    @ciane your gifts are lovely and beautiful!
    @GraceyManor your gifts are lovely and beautiful!
    @LMC6255 love your beautiful gifts!
    @seaben your gifts are lovely and beautiful!
    @Hidehi your gifts are lovely and beautiful!

I'm not much with words but just wanted to let you all know that I adore all the gifts that have been gifted! This was a super fun Summer Fest and a nice distraction from RL, I had a lot of fun! Happy Anniversary Sims 3!! Thank you @ADWilson for hosting this wonderful fest!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @seaben

Cute starter home! The LTWs of Clay and Amanda might seem incompatible at first glance, but like ciane, I can see him writing about all things unicorn. What a fun gift!
    @BreeMiles
    Carmen Sandie has been checked and is good to go o:)

She's beautiful! Love her complexion and the color palette you used for her outfits.
    A genie who wants to travel is a neat idea and should be entertaining to play!!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Ooooooohhh .... how awesome @BreeMiles , my own absolutely gorgeous looking genie!!! <3<3<3 .
    You have really studied my buddy letter :D ... I have never ever played a genie but always wanted to and now I can .... yippee!!! I'm heading to the Exchange right now ....
    My dearest friend Bree thank you ever soooooooo much for your 3 more than perfect gifts that I will treasure always!!! Hugs :D x
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2020
    @BreeMiles - Genies are great to play. They have such great talents! I am sure that @Hidehi will find herself playing genies much more now. I really like her eye shape and cheek bones.

@GraceyManor - I am so sorry to know that 2020 has been full of negativity for you. Hopefully, you find more to occasions to smile and laugh and just be happy as the year progresses. On that note, I offer day 4's gift.

Route 66 starts in the windy city of Chicago and winds its way southwest, going through St. Louis on its way out of Illinois. Its near here that you'll find one of the most haunted places - the small town of Alton is home to many haunted buildings. They believe it's being so close to a river and the limestone there that was used in many of its buildings. I've chosen to recreate the McPike Mansion for you. It has an interesting history and I included the bullet points in the upload.

The real mansion has an unknown grave marker in the back. Could it be the grave of Henry and Mary's baby boy, whose death literally broke Mary's heart? No one really knows. But, it isn't the grave of Henry, who chose to be buried next to his first wife Mary. (He had three!) What I do know, is that the ghost of Henry and his wife Mary (both buried elsewhere) are among the ghosts reported to linger there. One medium stated that Mary felt she didn't deserve to move on into the bliss. You see, she felt responsible for giving her 18-month-old daughter teething medicine that killed her as well as somehow not ensuring her baby boy lived through his first year. Henry, loving his wife so much, lingers with Mary until she is finally ready to forgive herself and move on.

Mary's ghost is much more shy than Henry's. "Henry" was what ghost hunters clearly heard recorded on their machines when they asked who was there. Therefore, I decided to just make Henry for you as there is only one grave marker. Also, I had no pictures of Mary. It is possible that the grave belongs to a maid or servant's child, who are also known to haunt the place.

The home became a boarding house with rented rooms after Henry's youngest son, who inherited the house, died at age 25. Then it was sold again to a developer when that landlord passed away, but the developer couldn't get the city council to approve his plans for the building. So, the mansion remained empty and was vandalized and looted, loosing all 11 black marble fireplaces and even the toilets. Only the tub, that was too heavy to make away with remained. The current owners are trying to restore the old building into a bed and breakfast, but for now they hold ghost tours in the cellar where Henry's ghost is darker than the already dark cellar.

Any way, I felt this haunted house deserved a stop on the route. Here it is:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    l0wd_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394925
    Post edited by ciane on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited June 2020
    @BreeMiles I love your genie! She looks fascinating.
    I have another gift for you...The Brunelli family.
    Here's La Casa Alta
    4Fb2RJ.jpg

And a few more pictures as well
    u2Klz3.jpg
    W1pLoL.jpg
    nI59ht.jpg

Family here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394931

Family and house here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394932

House only here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394933

And here's their backstory as well.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-brunelli-family.html

Enjoy it! And have a good weekend too...maybe simming?

Forgot to say - I made it at 18 Regalia Court, in case you want to put it there.
    And the Testarossa family are at 19 Regalia Court.

@ciane
    McPike Mansion has been checked and is good to go o:)

Your recreation looks great! Even though the story is sad, I enjoyed hearing about the history behind the building.
    Am sure Gracey will enjoy visiting it and meeting the ghost of Henry.
    @SamelaRita
    Brunelli (household), Brunelli (House w/Sims) and La Casa Alta have been checked and are good to go o:)

I laughed out loud upon reading the Brunelli description and had to share it with Mr Addy since he's sitting next to me.
    La Casa Alta is lovely and like the others, perfectly suited for Monte Vista!
    The Brunelli siblings have an interesting family dynamic that is sure to come into play somehow.
    @ADWilson I'm glad Mr Addy got to enjoy the joke as well. The bit that made my husband laugh was in the Neri family, where the dog says "She's watering the plants. I could help with that."
    @ciane That's another incredible build for the road trip! It's amazing. And quite spooky, pictured after dark...
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Another day another gift (No3) my dear @LMC6255 :)

Would you please follow me to the property next door to 'Hillside Lodge' where the developers of Pinochle Point decided to make a complete u-turn from their traditional approach and build in a more modern style to try and rival the 'Lone Wolff Manor' ;)

I very much hope you will like 'Valley View' ... I've had a blast building it for you :D

PeTyzDv.jpg?1

IVP6Ib0.jpg?1

ZTGTmvh.jpg?1

Rq3GWjX.jpg?1

... and another winter picture ;)

gR9e4jc.jpg?1

Download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394939
    edited June 2020
    I like Valley view much better than the Wolff mansion, so great job with rivalry. Very nicely done with spacious spaces and a great layout.

@SamelaRita - Yes, helping with the watering was a great perspective! And no free food from the fridge another great tongue-in-cheek comment! Your story telling always come through. And missing a chapter this Saturday is fine as I have company, but maybe you could do two chapters next week to make up for it? :grin: Another lovely build and interesting family to play! And of course I loved the story with this one from Max's point of view!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Hidehi Wow!! You are as diversified as you are talented! <3 You can create different styles with so much flair! I am speechless! I love the architecture, the color scheme is pure genius!! Even the car you chose was a brilliant touch! ;) The décor is spectacular, I love the everything you chose, the overall look is simply perfect! I am impressed with how everything blends so harmoniously! I am also very glad that you had a blast while creating "Valley View"! The spot you chose for it in Pinocle Point is gorgeous! <3 Thank you for spoiling me!!
    @Hidehi
    Valley View has been checked and is good to go o:)

The view is stunning but the house is even more so! Whether inside or out, there is always something that draws your eye.
    Lone Wolff Manor now knows there's a new dog in town that just upped the ante in rivalry.
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Hi everyone thank you all so much for the compliments on beautiful breeze Oasis and my buddy gifts and well I'm here I want to say one thing I did have a different simversary gift in the works and I plan to finish it but it's kinda crazy so may I ask you all what the largest mansion you have ever seen on the exchange is because I think a 50 bed room mansion was the biggest but correct me if I'm wrong
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @SamelaRita more for me, you are spoiling me rotten just so you know! I will grab these lovely gifts up and have a whole town full of fun! Thank you so very much, your builds and family are amazing and I appreciate them so very much!
    @Hidehi Valley View is amazing, and I love the contrast of those warm picrures against all the cool greys and whites. I like it much better than the Wolff mansion as well: this feels like a home.
    @SamelaRita Hello again my dear buddy. :)

I hope you had a lovely day, as the day draws near to an end where you live, it is early afternoon here in Florida..

In this portion of "My Art of Dilapidation Series" I would like to begin introducing the commercial buildings.. I got a lot inspiration from the screenshots you posted as well as the creations from CycloneSue, she is brilliant! I really enjoyed going through her work!!

For my first commercial business I have built what is known as "The Better Days Bakery", believe me, this establishment has seen much, much better days.. I even added a roach spawner, because after all the goodies are long gone, they usually remain, believe me, I know, I live in Florida.. :D

Gift 3
    Day 3

Better Days Bakery
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394968
    @LMC6255
    Better Days Bakery has been checked and is good to go o:)

This may have seen better days but will surely see even better ones once players break out the cleaning products and elbow grease!
    Another delightfully dilapidated building that suits SameaRita's story to a t.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @BreeMiles:
    What a beautiful and exotic looking genie! I've played djinn before, but mostly when I've wished them free from their bottles. (I do that a lot, because I always feel bad for them trapped in there.) Then you don't have a choice in what they look like, unless you CAS them. They have interesting powers. She'll be fun to play!

@Ciane:
    McPike Mansion. What an interesting history! And so sad. Do you mean the man married three different women named Mary? How strange, and what a strange name obsession he had. Unless the name was simply so popular where they lived that it was a coincidence. It was so sad for the last Mary, losing her children. I would never want to encounter the ghost of a child in real life (or a game); it would be too sad and horrible.

The mansion itself, as you've built it, looks great. I love that style of Victorian. It looks fairly spacious and roomy, which, as I've experienced, is not really how Victorians are. :D (But as they really are, Sims would give us routing failures constantly, so we can't really do that!)

@SamelaRita:
    I really love your back stories! The fact that you've done it from the PoV of the pets is very unique. It gives you a chance to gloss over some things that a pet wouldn't be able to comprehend, and we can have some surprises. And yet, it's very detailed.

That's another great Monte Vista home! Looks like just the right size for the three of them, unless I missed something.

@Hidehi:
    Valley View is fantastic! I rarely play moderns, but this is a really nice one! It's a beautiful home, that looks like it's very easy to navigate. (Very important for Sims!) The decor is tasteful and restful, as are the colors. What a nice home for Sims to live in! There's no competition from the Wolff home. EA homes tend to be really poorly made, with bad routing and inefficient furnishings. Yours, otoh, is amazing. They really ought to hire Simmers to make the homes they put in their worlds!

@LMC6255:
    Better Days Bakery has been checked and is CC free.
    (Just so everyone knows, I checked them all, but Addy got there before I did on the others. ;) )

Oh, another renovacy! I would never have thought of a bakery. Your attention to detail is amazing! I don't know who would want to buy a cake there, though. They've got a lot of fixing up to do! :D
    @LMC6255 It's amazing! I love it! I can't wait to get into my game and put all these fabulous builds into the world. I'm promising myself some simming time next week and the housework can just wait. Or maybe I'll blitz it over the weekend, as it's going to rain anyway...Cyclone Sue's stuff is great, isn't it? - I use her cc a lot when I'm just building for me. She really nails grotty and grungy.
    You have been so kind to me and so thoughtful, and The Art of Dilapidation is art indeed <3 I love it! I've got so many ideas coming up off these builds.

PS My husband (who reads all my stories) was impressed too!
    @LMC6255 as @SamelaRita has already gushed over your latest build, by saying she's going to love it is redundant. So, I'll just say that I will love seeing what she does with it.
    edited June 2020
    @ciane McPike Mansion has an air of mystery and fascinating backstory! I love how the architecture and the surrounding you chose captures that Southern charm!

@GraceyManor : Hopefully, things will get better soon.. <3 Hang in there, 2020 may have some wonderful surprises as well.. ;)

@seaben : Very nice, a great place for dreamers to dream big!!

@SamelaRita : I love the back stories done from the pet's point of view for all houses you have created for Bree and how each house looks in the beautiful world of Monte Vista! I also adore the style and architecture for La Casa Arta and how it blends with it's surrounding!

Thank you for all your kind words, I am so happy that you are enjoying "My Art of Dilapidation Series"! For some it's just rust and spider webs but for those of us, who know how to enjoy a good renovacy story it's pure magic! I can't wait to read about these builds and Sims in your future stories!!

I am now a huge fan of Cyclone Sue art, her creations are simply amazing!

There are still a couple more surprises to come! ;)

@BreeMiles: I have always admired beautiful Sims and have been in awe of Simmers that can create them! Carmen Sandie is very beautiful!

@ADWilson : Thank you for your kind words, and for all the help and support you have given me while I was putting together my gifts! ;)

@MiaSkywalker : Thank you! Hopefully soon it will be a place where Sims would like to purchase different treats! Through trial and error I have learned the importance of details.. ;)

• seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    @SamelaRita I have another question about the one tomato challenge sense Ella has the mooch trait can she ask her friends for money I ask because it's fall in game all her plants are dead and she only has 20 simleons
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top