Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prank phone calls. (Eco lifestyles)

Just wondering if anyone has received prank calls. My sim received 2 since EL launched. One she was told she's inherited some money but had to get married to get it and another that she was not to answer the phone because they were working on the line.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol those are funny.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    The married for money thing isn’t a prank, I saw it In Game Changers videos, but there was a bug and they didn’t get the money. They said the bug would be fixed for launch.
    simm621 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has received prank calls. My sim received 2 since EL launched. One she was told she's inherited some money but had to get married to get it and another that she was not to answer the phone because they were working on the line.

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The married for money thing isn’t a prank, I saw it In Game Changers videos, but there was a bug and they didn’t get the money. They said the bug would be fixed for launch.
    Ahh, I didn't get the money either and though it was a prank, thanks for that.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Oh, it does sound like it's a prank! :joy: The sims team is devious. :smile:
    crocobaura wrote: »

Oh, it does sound like it's a prank! :joy: The sims team is devious. :smile:

lol, I did think so too. It was something like your second cousin once removed's friend's sister's neighbour's grandmother for some reason left you some money and it's supposed to be a substantial amount lol.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    My sim also got a prank call. It was by a mysterious sim who simply said that number 6 is the most important number in that sim's life (or something like that, reminded me of The Sims 1). I had my sim ask who it is and then I got the notifiaction by the caller (now revealed) that my sim got pranked.

It isn't like a text message. It's a phone call (meaning you'll see the message when you click on the answer button).
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Apparently only some of these are bugged. I didn't take a screenshot, but my Sim got a call about an inheritance and the 3 options were 'Accept', 'Ask about conditions' and 'Decline'. Since I'm always suspicious of free money I chose 'Ask about conditions'. The answer was, the condition to receive the money was that you ask about the conditions and therefore you get the money. It was not substantial, but for my rags to riches Sim the 2,500 simoleons were a blessing.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    [...] and another that she was not to answer the phone because they were working on the line.

Omg, that's precious.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Also got a visit from Tina Tinker who fixed my broken dishwasher and then hung around to chat, but she put a bag on her head.
  • MahpellaMahpella Posts: 9 New Member
    > @simm621 said:
    > Just wondering if anyone has received prank calls. My sim received 2 since EL launched. One she was told she's inherited some money but had to get married to get it and another that she was not to answer the phone because they were working on the line.

I've got the same call. But I asked about conditions and they answered - oh, we have a condition that you won't have to follow conditions if you asked about them. Ane gave me money :).
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I've gotten calls, but I didn't know if they were pranks or opportunities. I 'failed' one by asking what conditions my sim could inherit the money (the only condition being, you can't ask what the conditions are), and I gave money to someone who asked for an investment. If these are just pranks, I guess they're out $1000...
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Apparently only some of these are bugged. I didn't take a screenshot, but my Sim got a call about an inheritance and the 3 options were 'Accept', 'Ask about conditions' and 'Decline'. Since I'm always suspicious of free money I chose 'Ask about conditions'. The answer was, the condition to receive the money was that you ask about the conditions and therefore you get the money. It was not substantial, but for my rags to riches Sim the 2,500 simoleons were a blessing.

I got the same call, and did the same as you: Asked about the conditions. I might have misunderstood, but I think he said that "the condition for the inheritance is that you DON'T ask about conditions". So had I NOT asked, I'd have gotten the full inheritance. As it were, I asked and got around 2500. Now I'm wondering how much I'd get if I didn't ask.....wouldn't mind, my sim is dirt poor and struggling off-the-grid. Not sure how long she'll manage that (off the grid, I mean....) Tempted to cheat.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I got the money too. :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I did remember hearing that there would be "missions" coming with the new pack! That is very interesting. I hope they keep adding similar stuff like this. Besides for getting repetitive, I miss opportunities that were in Sims 3. However, I got so sick of having to clean the hamster cage for the kids!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I got the inheritance call too! My sim has to marry within 7 days xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    My sim also got a prank call. It was by a mysterious sim who simply said that number 6 is the most important number in that sim's life (or something like that, reminded me of The Sims 1). I had my sim ask who it is and then I got the notifiaction by the caller (now revealed) that my sim got pranked.

It isn't like a text message. It's a phone call (meaning you'll see the message when you click on the answer button).

I'm pretty sure the new calls are a throwback to TS1, a lot of them that I've seen in the early access players and elsewhere have all been nostalgic of stuff the random calls used to say on TS1. There was even the random inheritance one, but it wasn't tied to marriage. I think I'll die if they have one about your psychic advisor's head exploding, with the ominous statement that you've been forewarned. I absolutely loved that one in TS1.

I think the nostalgia of the phone messages is also hammered home a bit more by the "vintage" TS1 furniture you can get dumpster diving - I was watching James Turner's early access, and he mentioned they added a bunch of TS1 furniture that you can only find dumpster diving, like the old cathode tube TV.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Mine got an inheritance phone calls and I had the sim ask about the conditions .. they got 2500 with no strings that way. I've also had a friend drop by with a present just because they liked my sim.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My sim got money from one :wink:
    giphy.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My sim got $5000 when she got married after the phone call. It said something about the rest to come but I was too busy having a blast to notice if any more came.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Are these prank calls only with EL or are they with the base game? I haven't bought EL yet (waiting for a sale), but I haven't received any calls yet.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    ...another that she was not to answer the phone because they were working on the line.

This is giving me Sims 1 vibes. I wonder if that same prank call / message appeared in the Sims 1 or Sims Bustin’ Out because it seems so familiar. If it’s not exactly the same message, it’s definitely Sims 1 humour, and I love that.

edited June 2020
    ...another that she was not to answer the phone because they were working on the line.

This is giving me Sims 1 vibes. I wonder if that same prank call / message appeared in the Sims 1 or Sims Bustin’ Out because it seems so familiar. If it’s not exactly the same message, it’s definitely Sims 1 humour, and I love that.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it is. Definitely gives me sims 1 vibes.
    Same here, I love seeing these calls, a blast from the past :)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I am waiting for the Do you canoe? call.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    They seem to be the same prank calls from the Sims 1. On a discord channel I'm on, somebody posted the "You have been chosen" one.

DH95Ttg.png
    wJbomAo.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

I got the same call, and did the same as you: Asked about the conditions. I might have misunderstood, but I think he said that "the condition for the inheritance is that you DON'T ask about conditions". So had I NOT asked, I'd have gotten the full inheritance. As it were, I asked and got around 2500. Now I'm wondering how much I'd get if I didn't ask.....wouldn't mind, my sim is dirt poor and struggling off-the-grid. Not sure how long she'll manage that (off the grid, I mean....) Tempted to cheat.

You get 5K if you don't ask and get married.