Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @SamelaRita - Love the pretty colors and landscaping you used to add pop as well as the layout, large kitchen, and four bedrooms. It looks like a great home and family to play. The little ginger cat is the perfect addition to that adorable family. Maybe I can find some time to play them soon.
    @Hidehi - I absolutely adore all the ins and outs and ups and down to your build as well as that landscaping. I love that comforting, warm, welcoming interior too with its woods and greens and creme. It's definitely a house I want to explore every nook of!
    @BreeMiles - My sister said she'd love to live in your house, but she probably couldn't afford it! Its gorgeous - the fountain, the trees, that fireplace (I really love the way you did the brick!), the little addition off to the side, and, of course that soft color palette!

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane
    The Old Petrol Stop has been checked and is good to go o:)

Such a clever idea! It will add a nice bit of flavor to player's stories.
    waves
    Hello @oliv3

Feel free to snoop ... lurk ... "borrow" game goodies.
    Also, feel free to join in the chatter as we compliment and admire gifts.

Welcome to our Community :)
    Perhaps you'll consider joining the new one that will be done later this year.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hello @SamelaRita, I hope you are having a lovely day so far!! ;)

Today I will be unveiling my second gift.. Which consists of a household, and a home (a very delipidated residence) for this household..

First of all, I would like to give a special thank you to @ADWilson for her help and support! The household, I created for you, had some technical problems with the money cheats, (I never thought making a household poor could be so hard) S3 can be unpredictable at times.. Addy gave me the support I needed and much needed help, and she was able to resolve this for me! The household works great now!! Thank you Addy! :)

Your story and letter inspired me to create this household for you! ;) I would like to introduce to you, the Campbells..
    Back Stories for Arthur and Old Pete Campbell

screenshot_original.jpg

Arthur Campbell
    Skills :
    Riding 3
    Handiness 3
    Cooking 2

Traits:
    Animal Lover
    Handy
    Loves the Outdoor
    Absent Minded
    Socially Awkward

When Arthur was younger he was a famous jockey! He was married for twenty seven years to his dearest friend, Eileen. He was also able to make some "wise" investments and was very well of.. His home even had a stable where he kept his cherished horse, which he now affectionately calls Old Pete, (after his older brother Peter that passed away a few years earlier) also known as Kryptonite back in their glory days..

Years have passed and now an older Arthur suffered a bad turn of events, he had lost all his money due to some of his investments having a downturn. Due to this he even had to file for bankruptcy.. To make matters worse, his wife Eileen, whom he dearly loved died..

Now lonely and destitute, Arthur receives a letter stating that he had inherited a house that once belonged to his great uncle that was a famous jockey back in the 1800's. The house has a stable, and land for training a horse. This house was located in a town he had never heard of.. The letter also stated the place was in dire need of a "few" repairs.. Arthur thought to himself "How bad could it be, I'm handy and given my circumstances what do I have to lose?" These were his thoughts.. His circumstances were at their most desperate, financially! Arthur decided to sign the papers and now he is the new owner of place known as "An Old Jockey Worse Nightmare". He then spent what little Simoleans he had left on a train ticket and to have his beloved horse, Old Pete transported to his new "home". What will the future hold for Arthur and Old Pete Campbell?

Old Pete Campbell
    screenshot_original.jpg

Skills:
    Racing 3

Traits:
    Obedient
    Shy
    Absent Minded

Old Pete was promising since his birth. He was one of the foals that were breaded and owned by Arthur's father, who was a very successful race-horse breeder.. It was his father's love of horses that got Arthur interested in racing. Old Pete was nicknamed Kryptonite because he was unbelievably fast, and practically unbeatable since he was a young colt..

Arthur had mastered the skill of riding at a very young age, he was always happy to test all of his father's horses for him, while entering many races.. He also helped with the care needed to keep all the foals in tip-top condition.. Arthur's father gave Arthur Old Pete, when he was just a colt, as a wedding gift .. Years later, together they took the racing world by storm!

Old Pete won race after race during the glory days and had become a legend in the racing world.. Time passed and he was no longer as young and fast as he once was.. Arthur had cared for him since he was a foal and made sure Old Pete always had a home.. Due to the a series financial disasters, Old Pete also faces an uncertain future.. What will be in store for this beloved champion and his owner in this new town?

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394754

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394755

I also built a "home" for Arthur and Pete.. I got the idea for this lot from Curb Appeal section of HGTV magazine, the house this lot is based on was built in the 1800's and I also made a few creative changes so that this lot can accommodate a horse.. I would like to present "An Old Jockey's Worse Nightmare"
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394756

I hope you enjoy these, as I continue to unveil my "Art of Dilapidation Series" :) Tomorrow there are a few more surprises! ;)
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @BreeMiles So glad you liked them! Drop by tomorrow as well...hint, hint. And I think your little one bedroom house looks lovely. Something else to accidentally acquire ;)
    @ciane That petrol gas station is really neat. It's a lovely add-on background building: the sort that I never normally have time to build.
    @LMC6255 Another gorgeous broken-down home! And a horse and a guy to play as well - I have a town in mind for them to move into: funny, that! Arthur will be a brilliant addition to my cast of characters, and so will Old Pete. Expect to see the house before the person, but they'll be showing up in a couple of chapters' time. Squeeee!!!!!!! :D:D:D<3<3<3
    @LMC6255
    Campbell (household), Campbell (house w/household) and An Old Jockey's Nightmare have been checked and are good to go. o:)

Arthur and Old Pete are a cute "odd couple" and their fixer-upper hints at potential sweet dreams! Am thinking they could use some help and I know just the Sim! :wink:
    Am loving all the creativity and camaraderie seen here! <3
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    @oliv3 it's nice to see you here the last I saw of you was at the shell challenge thread feel free to steal Barrow gifts 😉
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2020
    Not where this was supposed to go.

I am enjoying your thread though. :D
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @LMC6255 Another gorgeous broken-down home! And a horse and a guy to play as well - I have a town in mind for them to move into: funny, that! Arthur will be a brilliant addition to my cast of characters, and so will Old Pete. Expect to see the house before the person, but they'll be showing up in a couple of chapters' time. Squeeee!!!!!!! :D:D:D<3<3<3

@SamelaRita Thank you! I look forward to reading what will become of "An Old Jockey's Worse Nightmare" and what adventure will Arthur and his faithful stallion be enjoying.. One thing is for sure, they have their work cut out for them! I am so happy that you like them!! :)
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @LMC6255
    Campbell (household), Campbell (house w/household) and An Old Jockey's Nightmare have been checked and are good to go. o:)

Arthur and Old Pete are a cute "odd couple" and their fixer-upper hints at potential sweet dreams! Am thinking they could use some help and I know just the Sim! :wink:
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Am loving all the creativity and camaraderie seen here! <3

@ADWilson Thank you! I think, I know exactly which Sim could help Arthur and his worn and torn steed.. I am sure with lots of hard work the lot could retain some of it's old time glory.. ;)

@ErnesaT : Hello, I am so happy to finally get to "meet" you.. I am very new to the Sims 3, I started playing S3 in 2017.. Unfortunately, I never really got to participate in any of the activities from 2009-2014.. I have seen some of your threads, from that time, and have enjoyed reading them! :)

edited June 2020
    @Hidehi Thank you, Thank you!! Wow! What a spectacular, gorgeous house!! <3 I love the architecture, the gardens are amazing!! <3 The décor is lovely!! Sunset Valley will never be the same! Neither will some of my other worlds!! I will treasure these!! :)

I am so glad you snuck in a Winter screenshot of Hillside Lodge! Hillside Lodge looks amazing in all seasons and it does add a lot majesty to the area of Pinochle Point, in Sunset Valley! :)
    @seaben : Nice design! love the way the colors blend!

@SamelaRita : Oh my, I am enjoying my visits to Rome through your beautiful builds! La Casa Azzurra is dreamy, I love the exterior and how it blends in with Monte Vista! I have never been to Rome, myself but I know my Sims will! ;)

@BreeMiles : Beautiful Cape Cod style home!! I love the way the colors blend in the décor! Your Sim looks lovely, as well!

@ciane : Wow! This is the gas station I always wanted!! <3 I love the old town feel it conveys!

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Hidehi:
    Hillside Lodge is such an awesome lodge! I love the tower attached to the side of it - those always give a house a nice feel. As all of your builds, it's furnished and decorated beautifully. It would fit in perfectly in Riverview, and probably pretty much everywhere else as well.
    (And of course it's CC free, but I know Addy already checked it for you.)

@BreeMiles:
    When has any build of yours ever been anything but lovely? This build is no exception - grand on the outside, and relaxing and beautifully furnished within. I like that you built it on a small lot, so someone could drop it on a slightly larger one to give themselves a big backyard (or side yard) if they want to.

@Ciane:
    A gas station! What a good idea for a community lot! It gives the town a little more variety and a realistic vibe, while still giving you a place to add community activities inside it. The idea of using the Love Machine if you don't have Fast Lane is a good one, although you probably used some of the decor from that pack as well. (Or at least, it would be appropriate on this lot, if not on very many others.)

@LMC6255:
    Your story of Arthur and Old Pete is a sad one. But what a nice tale to tell! I love how you have those ranch weeds coming up through the floor in the house. Yes, what a nightmare of a fixer-upper for Arthur to deal with! :D

All of these have been checked and CC free, although I know Addy has already done these as well. I just do it anyway, out of habit. :D
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @ciane
    I just got home from work.I must say that is such an adorable gas station!
    I been totally looking for stuff to use for my sim's virtual road trip, I have a hard
    time finding tourist traps and road side stops! I love it so much!!! I can never have
    too many! I need stuff for different worlds, so one will go in one world and another
    in another world! ^_^

I got all three lots in my game.And am working out a story..
    Which reminds me oh gosh, I forgot to finish my story with Ginger
    and Henry from the last gift exchange.XD
    edited June 2020
    @MiaSkywalker Thank you! Yes, I did go with a sad back story.. It's just that a lot of characters in other stories I have read, had a very rough start, but their willingness to keep going despite the obstacles makes for some awesome Sim stories, especially if it's a challenge, like the renovacy challenge.. I do wish that EA had offered more stuff for S3 that could be used for renovacies such as other broken windows, sofas with tears, more cracked walls and pictures with broken frames.. I had to borrow a few ideas from other Simmers that had created renovacies, such as the ranch weeds and I also used some of the textures, over and over.. :D

@GraceyManor I love what you have written so far about Ginger and Henry! Please take your time, I know you will come up with some really awesome chapters! I know you have had a really tough year, I am glad that you are feeling better and have been able to go back to work.. I hope your brother is better also, he is in my prayers... <3

@oliv3 I hope you enjoy the Sims forums! Gift exchanges are a wonderful way to meet other Simmers, I also recommend the DD thread..https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help/p1..
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    @LMC6255 - I will very much enjoy seeing and reading about your household in @SamelaRita's story. (The depressing part is that she only posts a chapter once a week. Sigh.)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @LMC6255
    Thanks! It has been a really rough year.I can't wait for 2020 to end, honestly.
    I forgot what I had written for Ginger and Henry, honestly.XD.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Popping back in to say such great and creative reveals! Wonderful gifts for all to enjoy. Rec’d those on the exchange and enjoying the stories. Well done everyone! :smiley:

Best wishes to your brother for a speedy and full recovery @GraceyManor . Hoping 2020 gets much better for everyone 🌸
    edited June 2020
    my 3rd gift to @ciane is a house hold with a starter home more info/download here https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394853
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @seaben: dreamers has been checked and is CC free. o:)

What a nice little house! I especially like the young couple you've created for it. I tried the Fairy Tale LTW once, but I think I wasn't successful with it. It's an interesting one to try, as there are many things you have to do before you can actually befriend one of the in-game unicorns. They'll certainly be fun to play, these two. :)
    Another little home... this one with a couple! Thank you @seaben! As soon as my company leaves, I'll load them and play all day! I can't wait to get to know them better and grow their home to add a stable for the unicorn she'll befriend. And, I'm sure he'll become a great author of all things unicorn. :smiley:
    edited June 2020
    ciane wrote: »
    Another little home... this one with a couple! Thank you @seaben! As soon as my company leaves, I'll load them and play all day! I can't wait to get to know them better and grow their home to add a stable for the unicorn she'll befriend. And, I'm sure he'll become a great author of all things unicorn. :smiley:

I'm glad you like this gift there's 3 more gifts to come and I want to point out the dreamers have all the skill points you said you like your sims to have plus clay has a couple points of writing skill and I placed the book unicorns of Adrey in the book shelf for Amanda to read 😉
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Goodness me ... I'm really trying hard to catch up but the awesome creations are coming just too fast and furious :#:D ..

@GraceyManor so sorry to read about your brother. I very much hope that he is on the road to a full recovery. <3

@ciane you know already that I absolutely adore 'Sweet Federalist' and 'Lord of the Manor' ... they are homes that will definitely turn up in many of our games.
    The 'Old Petrol Stop' is such a cute build and as GraceyManor is planing a road trip via various worlds the more petrol-, gas- and pit-stops the better ;) .... I love that yours looks like it comes straight off Route 66 ... and as we seem to keep doubling up it must surely mean great minds think alike! B)

@seaben 'Modernmarvel' looks awesome, I love the striking colour combination. I've just realised that you have uploaded 'Dreamers' another gorgeous build and a great looking couple how marvelous! I am so glad that you are spoiling ciane with so many gifts, thank you! :D

@MiaSkywalker thank you soooo much for writing all your lovely comments on our builds including mine. I am so glad that you are our wonderful double custard checker so nothing that shouldn't be there is missed :)

@ADWilson I can't say it enough ... you are such an awesome host my dear always at the ready with encouraging comments. Thank you!!! <3 x

@LMC6255 I absolutely adore your 'My! This place has potential'!!! The name is very humorous and it's so wonderfully dilapidated ... I have snagged it already but have left room in my pocket for the awesome 'Old Jockey's Nightmare' and the lovely Cambell household ... I very much hope that there may be a happy ending for Arthur, Old Pete and their home ... please, pretty please @SamelaRita ;)<3 x
    And that you like my gifts so far makes me extremely happy!! :D x
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @seaben That's another really cute little house - and with a couple with a story to tell as well. I love how much you've fitted into such a tiny space.
    @Hidehi @ciane and of course, @LMC6255 Yes there's going to be a happy ending for Arthur and Old Pete :) You'll have to wait a bit though (sorry Ciane) as there's not going to be a chapter this week. There's been a lack of time...Sort of related to this exciting gift exchange that's going on, in part ;)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Super glad you like your gifts thus far dearest @Hidehi are you ready for one more, and I will stop then! If you noticed in the last house she was testing a few ideas for me, but just in case you didn't see I will post her here now for you to enjoy how every you like in your game!

Summer Fest Gift #3
    A Genie for my dearest Buddy @Hidehi
    Carmen Sandie
    Download
    1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top