Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack Hairs!

Comments

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm loving the tinted grey hair... will that be available for all genders?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The mom hair does remind me of the Goldbergs which uses a lot of 80s fashion inspiration.
    2cf47b3c2016b4584d8c4d4125d950c6.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Kk but why do the crochet locs look exactly the same as the piece hair by redheadsims, down to the same placement of the clips?

Can you post a link?
    edited June 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @duvelina a cc creator can never be the original creator of hairstyles that already exist in society which is already being copied as one can see from the image below. So me making a simple request to hope EA creates and continues to create styles that are already in society is not rude and nor does anyone need to be given credit for such creations from EA. That is all I'm saying. EA continues to improve and add variety in their hairstyle selections which is a good thing for everyone--especially Simmers who don't use cc in their games. :)

Hairstyles-1.jpg
    Yeah CC was copied off the image you shared:

But they use a lot of copyrighted images on their website that Maxis owns I notice too:
    https://redheadsims-cc.tumblr.com/tagged/femalehair

Anyway this is the copyright on CC and mods of what creators can do to offset their costs:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16175450/#Comment_16175450

But yes under Section 5 of the EA Terms of Service, EA does have the legal right to use it:
    "When you contribute UGC, you grant to EA, its licensors and licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display or otherwise transmit and communicate the UGC, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party. You also grant all other users who can access and use your UGC on an EA Service the right to use, copy, modify, display, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise communicate and distribute your UGC on or through the relevant EA Service without further notice, attribution or compensation to you."

All Simmers agree to terms of service when using any of the EA games. Like if I share an idea on forums, I have no right to claim it as only my own or expect compensation for it. It is free for EA to use as they so please.

HallowSims made the Zendaya dreads:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595225

Also found this too so no they are not the original creator of it:
    https://www.luvelynsweetsims.com/downloads
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Hearts4u Why wouldn't you post the pictures of the real life hairstyles in the first place then? Instead of linking pictures from CC with the names of the creators so they could copy those into their game? That's what I think is rude. Sure, asking them to recreate real life hairstyles but just plain asking them to take CC creators work and put it into the game?

@Scobre Oh, yeah, I do know EA's terms of service. Doesn't mean I think it's okay to just take someone else's work and put it into the game without any notice or credit though. It's the least they could do, honestly.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I really hope they change/update that "baby hair", because to me it looks more of a tattoo than baby hair.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited June 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @Scobre Oh, yeah, I do know EA's terms of service. Doesn't mean I think it's okay to just take someone else's work and put it into the game without any notice or credit though. It's the least they could do, honestly.

The mesh is different, which means it was built from scratch by EA. Nobody's work has been taken and put in the game.

edited June 2020
    @bizuktag I said that already. It was more of a statement in the context of 'borrowing' someone's work in general if they would just take someone else's mesh which seemed to be the thing asked for which I felt was rude.
    @Hearts4u I feel it's rude to say: 'Feel free to copy these hairs other people worked hard on.' It's not really your place to say something like that. 😅

And I think the team shouldn't even be allowed to just copy someone's hair and paste it into the game, pretending they worked hard on it either. Not saying that they're doing that, I haven't seen these exact hairs anywhere else but I think permission is at least something that has to be asked as a courtesy if anything, if they do want to 'borrow' someone else's work.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Doesn't mean I think it's okay to just take someone else's work and put it into the game without any notice or credit though.

That's literally what you just said, though. If they haven't used someone's actual mesh or texture, then they haven't used someone's work. There's a picture of a real person in this thread that may very well be the inspiration for the CC creator's hair and the EA hair both. The CC creator can't copyright an idea or inspiration, so EA hasn't taken or borrowed anything from them. There's nothing to credit.

edited June 2020
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Doesn't mean I think it's okay to just take someone else's work and put it into the game without any notice or credit though.

That's literally what you just said, though. If they haven't used someone's actual mesh or texture, then they haven't used someone's work. There's a picture of a real person in this thread that may very well be the inspiration for the CC creator's hair and the EA hair both. The CC creator can't copyright an idea or inspiration, so EA hasn't taken or borrowed anything from them. There's nothing to credit.

Yeah? I don't agree with their terms of service. I'm allowed to say that, am I not? Again, it was a general statement. I didn't accuse them of stealing anywhere. Just because it's in their terms of service doesn't mean it's morally okay. I just think it'd be really unprofessional if they would take someone else's exact mesh and ask money for it, like suggested because that's what copying means, which was the subject of the discussion and how I interpreted it.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
    edited June 2020
    @Hearts4u Why wouldn't you post the pictures of the real life hairstyles in the first place then? Instead of linking pictures from CC with the names of the creators so they could copy those into their game? That's what I think is rude. Sure, asking them to recreate real life hairstyles but just plain asking them to take CC creators work and put it into the game?

Then they should have credited the original CC artist for it and not claimed it as their own. That is a huge mistake to do in the modding community to take another mesh and claim it as their own. But yes according to terms of service they reserve all notice and credit of work. I have seen a lot of Nouk's meshes from the Sims 2 get redone by other CC artists without credit or permission too. But yes in this case they were not the original mesh designer, another Simmer was.

I found the mesh that someone else designed. https://www.luvelynsweetsims.com/downloads
    @Scobre Exactly. It's a huge no-no to use another creator's meshes without crediting them. I just don't get how it is such a big deal in the creator's community in regards to other people's work but it's okay if EA does want to take someone else's work and pass it off as their own (which once again, I'm not saying they're doing, but it was basically asked for them to do it in this thread so I wanted to comment on it).
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2020
    The short hair looks really good as well especially on females. The one they added from Cats and Dogs is one of my favorites. Seeing the mom hair on the child made me lol. :D

Hair-Styles-Similar.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Love the mom hair!!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2020

EA created that mesh and they created those textures too. What credit do you want them to give? To themselves?

Again, the CC creator does not own a hairstyle. It's weird that I'm defending EA, but they are on the right here, there's no credit to give.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited June 2020
    @Sigzy05 Did you read any previous comments? I was talking in general. It's their mesh, their textures. NOTHING has been stolen. I didn't say that anywhere. I was talking with someone else about suggesting EA copy meshes and textures other creators made into their game. That was all. It had nothing to do with the hairs in the Nifty Knitting stuff pack. It was aimed at a specific comment about different hairs. And this is the last I have to say about it, honestly. This discussion was a couple days ago. Time to let it go.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @Sigzy05 Did you read any previous comments? I was talking in general. It's their mesh, their textures. NOTHING has been stolen. I didn't say that anywhere. I was talking with someone else about suggesting EA copy meshes and textures other creators made into their game. That was all. It had nothing to do with the hairs in the Nifty Knitting stuff pack. It was aimed at a specific comment about different hairs. And this is the last I have to say about it, honestly. This discussion was a couple days ago. Time to let it go.

Haa sorry I misunderstood then.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love these! So cute! I can't help but think "Michonne" when I see the one.. LOL..
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member

This is our third male hair.
    tzhoulwyf32b.png

Check out the side view:
    7ybxs2up04ov.png

It’s cute on the ladies too!
    xv1dhr8ltfld.png

And male children get these hairs as well.

oq4yx72vt1z5.png

please can i put in a request that this hair is made available for females of all ages (children, teens and elders) as its really lovely and i'd like to be able to use it on my little girls!
  • MsDramaQueenMsDramaQueen Posts: 2 New Member
    I LOVE THE "Chunky Dreadlock".They Are So BEAUTIFUL.

This is our third male hair.
    tzhoulwyf32b.png

Check out the side view:
    7ybxs2up04ov.png

It’s cute on the ladies too!
    xv1dhr8ltfld.png

And male children get these hairs as well.

oq4yx72vt1z5.png

please can i put in a request that this hair is made available for females of all ages (children, teens and elders) as its really lovely and i'd like to be able to use it on my little girls!
    With the gender update all hairs carried forward should work on both males and females from teens-elders and looks like they will work on children too from the pictures. I wouldn't mind seeing the hairs work on toddlers too.
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    I love the look with the gray hairline!!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @Crystal12345678 I have that hair by redheadsims, but had to remove it from my game because the clips showed up on my Sims in the shower. I hated having to remove that hair from my game, so I am very happy the Sims did the locks with baby hair and made it look even better in my opinion. Some Simmers don't use CAS cc, so this is definitely a great add. The more hair, clothes and shoes the better. Hope they do this with more hair. Like feel free to copy these cc hairs Gurus. Pic 1 is Royal Rumble hair by simandy. Pic 2 is Wonder Puffs hair by Ebonix. Pic 3 is Locs and Jumbo Box Braids by Hallow Sims Hair. @SimGuruSarah ....I am super excited about the new hairs because I plan to use them all.

Hair-5.jpgHair-2.jpg

I would've signed in anyways, but had to when I saw the hairs you put up. I absolutely love the two adult female hairs and would love to have them, so I had to 2nd your request. They are lovely and would make such cool additions to the game.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    There are some hairstyles that I like, but many I don't. I read the words and slowly scrolled down...to be surprised that I really like them. I'm not sure about tagging it as mom hair as I could see my young sims wearing this and I can't wait to see it on a child for real. The ladies hairstyles looked great on the little girls, I just wished they had put them on toddlers too. If they couldn't make the 2nd one work with toddler clothes, then at least the first one. I love the first men's hairstyle and reserve response about the third one until I see it in game. Not a fan of hair like that too much, but we'll see.

I just hope they try to extend the hairstyles to toddlers and that they try real hard to put in some of the clothes, buy, and build that didn't win. <3