Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can’t be the only one still confused by ECO LS

I’ve watched all the trailers, a few streams and let’s plays, I still don’t get the gist of what the pack is about...the neighborhood looks amazing, I see the recycling and candle making feature but what will our sims spend the majority of this packs content doing? I’m NOOOOT a builder so solar panels and ladders mean nothing to me, any quick tips or insight of how I can hop into the pack for tonight’s release??? I’m def buying...

Comments

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Well I don’t have any advice to give but maybe try getting into the challenge of pack’s main purpose; I’m sure there is plenty goal oriented play. I’m interested to see if this is actually an open world or speculation, if it is I’d be interested on how that plays out.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Throw caution to the wind and just have fun with it. I was never a builder or designer and I will never be a builder or a designer. But I'm having fun and escaping the ugly real world.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Ok here goes nothing ... thanks guys.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm doing a rags to riches challenge and just general sim survival in poor conditions. This pack more so gives the tools for more poor/survivalist/off the grid game play more than anything according to my observation.

And then if you like cleaning and greenery or saving the neighborhood they gave all the tools for that too.
    I just downloaded it but it's too late to play so I won't get to check it out till tomorrow 😒 sadly.

Other than that this pack seems to not have a specific focus it's a combination of different things that just expands gameplay in general.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I'm doing a rags to riches challenge and just general sim survival in poor conditions. This pack more so gives the tools for more poor/survivalist/off the grid game play more than anything according to my observation.

And then if you like cleaning and greenery or saving the neighborhood they gave all the tools for that too.
    I just downloaded it but it's too late to play so I won't get to check it out till tomorrow 😒 sadly.

Other than that this pack seems to not have a specific focus it's a combination of different things that just expands gameplay in general.

Thanks
    I just bought it and I am launching now, I didn’t think I’d buy it but here I am, I’m excited for the environmental changes.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The pack is mostly buyable as an EP because it adds another layer to the Sims environment that being "climate". Things you do in the game now influence the environment around you either in a positive or negative way. That is the biggest feature really. And it's an interesting one to me at least.
    The candlemaking and so on are just additional stuff.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    The pack is mostly buyable as an EP because it adds another layer to the Sims environment that being "climate". Things you do in the game now influence the environment around you either in a positive or negative way. That is the biggest feature really. And it's an interesting one to me at least.
    The candlemaking and so on are just additional stuff.

I’m currently playing

The plastic bags floating around and garbage looks pretty cool
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I just made a sim and moved her into Evergreen Harbor in the Quarry district. She went down to the board on the community and voted on the NAP. Pretty cool. I can't wait to start making stuff out of recycled trash...had to laugh, she did not hesitate to dumpster dive. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    I totally am getting the hang of it

I love the neighborhood action plans!! I love now how the neighborhoods feel so inclusive
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I just made a sim and moved her into Evergreen Harbor in the Quarry district. She went down to the board on the community and voted on the NAP. Pretty cool. I can't wait to start making stuff out of recycled trash...had to laugh, she did not hesitate to dumpster dive. :D

It’s fun! I love voting and knowing it will change the flow of the neighborhood! And also something different happened. My sim got a call about an inheritance and I’m order to receive it she has to get married in 7 days
    Is that new? Or has this already been a feature?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    bshag4lv wrote: »

It’s fun! I love voting and knowing it will change the flow of the neighborhood! And also something different happened. My sim got a call about an inheritance and I’m order to receive it she has to get married in 7 days
    Is that new? Or has this already been a feature?
    It's new.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I am looking forward to doing a rags to riches. The voting and how it influences the world is a great addition! Dumpster diving looks so cool. 😎
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞