Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living out yet for the US? Update from EAHelp on Twitter if anyone else is wondering too.

mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
People are already playing it and posting screenshots of their builds on social media but my Origin launcher just says 'unlocked' and ready to be dl'ed on the 4th which is today. It is 6pm here for me. I thought these packs were usually released late morning early afternoon? That's been my past experience. Appreciate any help, thanks.

Update: EAHelp finally got back with me, they have their hands full with one of their other games it seems. So, it is NOT midnight like people are saying, it will be 11pm. Phew. I'm leaving this up though just in case someone else comes here looking for this information. https://imgur.com/95v4zBZ
Post edited by mommy19959699 on

Comments

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2020
    Game packs/stuff packs are released at 9 am PST on the release date. However, expansion packs are midnight EST on the release date. So 3 more hours since the release date is officially June 5th.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    It really should state the 5th on Origin then because I've worried something was wrong with my account. A couple of weeks ago I got a notice on my launcher that i'd have to play in offline mode because the account was already in use. Scared the crap out of me lol so did the whole change info. then this. I just want to really know if it's just me or what is going on. Especially since I see that people are already playing the pack.
    edited June 2020
    The people playing are from other countries or they used a VPN. I've played The Sims 4 since launch. It has not released yet. If you don't believe me, go google the official release date or look for a countdown. The very first reveal trailer lists June 5 as the release date.

edited June 2020
    Oh i'm not saying I don't believe you, this is not meant to be a debate :p. Like I said, I was just worried. I've also played since launch and midnight tonight is the 5th, the past midnight would have been the 4th which is why I was confused. Then, of course, add to the fact that twitter had posts of people playing it. I did try to do my research before commenting here as I usually don't come to the forums very often. But ok those playing are in a much bigger time zone gap.

https://imgur.com/a/r01ARrR

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I usually use a VPN to play packs early but this pack doesn't interest me enough, I can wait lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    What's a vpn?
    I get it. No worries, sorry if I came off as rude at all. It wasn't my intention. Yeah, I was confused when I checked the forums until I realized they were people from other countries. I use a VPN for work but aren't smart enough to figure it out for other use.
    No worries Andiratyme, appreciate the reply back letting me know that.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    You should be able to download in the U.S. at
    12:00 a.m. EDT
    11:00 p.m. CDT
    10:00 p.m. MDT
    9:00 p.m. PDT
    8:00 p.m. Alaska
    6:00 p.m. Hawaii
    You should be able to download in the U.S. at
    12:00 a.m. EDT
    11:00 p.m. CDT
    10:00 p.m. MDT
    9:00 p.m. PDT
    8:00 p.m. Alaska
    6:00 p.m. Hawaii

Very nice, thank you for adding that to the post.
  • kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    > @mommy19959699 said:
    > It really should state the 5th on Origin then because I've worried something was wrong with my account. A couple of weeks ago I got a notice on my launcher that i'd have to play in offline mode because the account was already in use. Scared the 🌺🌺🌺🌺 out of me lol so did the whole change info. then this. I just want to really know if it's just me or what is going on. Especially since I see that people are already playing the pack.

I've been getting that message, too. The account already in use one.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I've got work tomorrow, so I can't download it tonight. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    At stroke of midnight I turn back into a pumpkin and my Sims go diving for collectibles.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In 1 hour and 20 minutes we can get our grubby little hands on this grubby little pack!
    kidlit59 wrote: »
    > @mommy19959699 said:
    > It really should state the 5th on Origin then because I've worried something was wrong with my account. A couple of weeks ago I got a notice on my launcher that i'd have to play in offline mode because the account was already in use. Scared the 🌺🌺🌺🌺 out of me lol so did the whole change info. then this. I just want to really know if it's just me or what is going on. Especially since I see that people are already playing the pack.

I've been getting that message, too. The account already in use one.

Oh man sorry to hear that. I'm not sure that it's actually true or just a bug if that makes you feel better, according to what I read about it on eahelp. I changed my password to something very unique and good to go so far.
    Also, glad to see some positive comments about the pack. I too think it will be a good one. Although maybe because I tend to play a naturistic/farmer sim who also goes out and collects them all too @Bluebeard45. Well everyone enjoy! Whether tonight or tomorrow. I'm gonna leave this conversation, currently playing House Flipper which has a recent dlc pack that has been really fun then off to bed. Appreciate all the feedback.
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Thanks for the update. I am having the same problem.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg