Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deco Plants & Their Lack of "Environment", Let's Discuss!?

I'm sure I'm not alone in my recent binging of Game Changer videos for the Eco Lifestyle pack and the lovely updates (Yay!) that we'll all be getting shortly before it's release... Right?! 😳

I'm thrilled to see the overhaul of a number of items, including wall treatments and floors, that not only have an eco impact but have also had "Environment" scores added to them like so many other items in game that help make our sims happy and feel at home. - BUT, I've also noticed that the same doesn't seem to be true for decorative plants... Still. What the?! WHY?!

Plants add SO MUCH to a room/home/build, how were they not included in the environmental states update?!.. Tbh, I'm baffled why they haven't had an environmental rating this whole time, but I digress. Plants add color and life to a room, they certain cost simoleons and take up floor/wall space; Why, Oh Why, do they not contribute to the environment of the room, still?! Surely this was an accident? An overlook? .. Please, please tell me it's in the works?! 🌹🤞🤞

uwxwhgf
I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha

Comments

• BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Agreed 100% I will finish decorating a room that in my opinion looks amazing and then a sim enters and only gets the decorated buff, if even that. I think, how is this possible? Then I remember that as much as plants make the space, none of them contribute to the environment score, nor do a large number of other decorative items. Very disappointing.
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    I never thought about it before, but you're right! They definitely should be adding to the environment score. Plants are just as attractive as wall art and sculptures.
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    BK747 wrote: »
    Agreed 100% I will finish decorating a room that in my opinion looks amazing and then a sim enters and only gets the decorated buff, if even that. I think, how is this possible? Then I remember that as much as plants make the space, none of them contribute to the environment score, nor do a large number of other decorative items. Very disappointing.

Exactly!! Most builders use plants to add pops of color, life, to fill an empty corner. I have plants irl for the same reasons, but ALSO because I love them and they make me happy. It's so odd for plants to not have an environmental impact in game! - How do wall treatments now give one, and not plants? What the, what?! 🤨

Awenya wrote: »
    I never thought about it before, but you're right! They definitely should be adding to the environment score. Plants are just as attractive as wall art and sculptures.

My thoughts exactly.

uwxwhgf
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited June 2020
    Delete
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'll be honest, I always delete plants out of houses I download from the gallery. They just take up so much space that I could use for other things.

And the environment need was always my least favorite. I'm glad they ditched it.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Isn't the environment score based on what it contributes to the world and not as decor? Like, the real plants and trees provide oxygen, etc... and plastic plants just gather dust.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Awenya wrote: »

Snap, the decor plants in game are "real" not plastic plants, although of course they dont die . . but they could!
    maybe it could be patched in, so the decor ie the plants section, adds to the environment score and they can be watered or cared for to keep the score raised!

thanks OP :)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

joRN1414 wrote: »
    Isn't the environment score based on what it contributes to the world and not as decor? Like, the real plants and trees provide oxygen, etc... and plastic plants just gather dust.

The environment score is for building up your sims environment, wherever that may be. It gives them a "Happy" buff from a well "Decorated (From Good Environment)" space. It's on *almost* every piece of decoration, from clutter to curtains, and most recently updated to even be on wall and floor treatments. - But not plants for some odd reason. I don't get it!
    BWbv5s1.png

Anyhow, cheaper or smaller items usually have a score of 1-2 or none, and the score (generally, although there doesn't seem to be much rhythm or reason to the scoring) gets higher the more expensive things are. That's why rich sims reeeeally love their homes, lol.

itRrc5i.png

Although, in looking for a good example for above ^ it seems *some* house plants do in fact have an environment score... So I guess what I'm really looking for is some consistency! LOL. None of the Tiny Living plants do for instance, among sooooo many others. And they all really should.

uwxwhgf
    I'll be honest, I always delete plants out of houses I download from the gallery. They just take up so much space that I could use for other things.

And the environment need was always my least favorite. I'm glad they ditched it.

We all play and decorate differently, that's the beauty of The Sims. 🤷 I think, or at least from what I've noticed, most builders love using them to add to a room, including myself.

They didn't ditch the environment score though, it gives our sims happy buffs. It's on most decorations and recently updated to wall and floor treats - it's just frustratingly not on all of the house plants for some odd reason.

uwxwhgf
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Oh, that makes sense. I misunderstood the original post and hadn't fully played yet.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame