Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WCIF a mod to enable hugs/kisses for greetings?

Or is it even possible to make such a mod?

I was just watching some TS2 let's plays and the greeting animations looked so realistic and so relevant to the relationship between those sims. I can't believe they left out this feature in TS3 completely. It makes no sense to shake hands with a person you've seen all your life, or with whom you're planning to marry, EACH and every time you see each other.

I searched around but couldn't find a mod to fix this... Has anyone else spotted any?

Thank you

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Not that I'm aware of, but France in the World Adventures pack has the cheek kisses animation for Friendly Introduction, so if someone could figure out how to copy that into a mod, you'd have a start at least.
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Not that I'm aware of, but France in the World Adventures pack has the cheek kisses animation for Friendly Introduction, so if someone could figure out how to copy that into a mod, you'd have a start at least.

That's a great idea actually, thanks!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The last couple of times I visited my parents' house in real life, I walked up to my Dad and heartily shook his hand so I could be allowed inside. Then I chatted them up for what seemed like hours so I could be invited to stay the night. My Dad is the one whose mental faculties we should be worrying about because he is in that part of his elder stage (but he's fine) and of course he thought I was nuts. And this diagnosis was coming from a retired mental health professional!

I used to find this kind of thing annoying in-game myself, but now I just think it's funny. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    There is a "Family Kiss" mod, but it's only for Adult - Child, Child - Child, and Child - Toddler.

http://modthesims.info/d/616968/family-kiss-interactions.html

It's nice, though. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2020
    I used to be annoyed that loved ones would greet each other with a handshake but these days I barely notice it. There are limited animations for various scenarios but I simply ignore and move on. My sims' relationships are part game play, part imagination and my imagination makes up for what's missing.

If you need something to happen for story telling purposes, there's always poses.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I just remembered there are different types of greetings that come with the charisma skill. I think there is a flirtatious greeting and an hilarious one but can't tell you what levels they come with.
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    I also thought maybe I can add the French hidden trait to all sims in town via MC, so they can all use the kiss-cheek interaction.