Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sale Match Up: Jungle Adventure vs Outdoor Retreat?

As in the title! What pack do you prefer, Jungle Adventure or Outdoor Retreat!

All things considered, from gameplay, new items, best world, etc. Vote for your overall favourite!

Sale Match Up: Jungle Adventure vs Outdoor Retreat? 78 votes

Jungle Adventure
84%
JeanKita5399IcewolfDoubleSJossesunhair2008alexspoom13JueJueimhappyAlrynnStrangerthanelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83freindlyloljimbbqloubyloulouhadklaxLustianiciaKhrisstyneMVWdeZT 66 votes
Outdoor Retreat
15%
mlmeadowsJACKIEJOYSavvySimmieEnkiSchmidtEvilyn_1007joRN1414birdonawireMrSunshineRouensimsSimmerGeorgePurpleHeatherafternoonbaboon 12 votes

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventure 100%, in my opinion it's one of the best packs in the entire game and that's including expansions aswell. Definitely worth buying, the world is stunning and the build-buy is better than a lot of the expansions :)
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2020
    Jungle Adventure
    I use a lot of the CAS content from Outdoor for sure. I havent done a camping trip just yet. But I do love the Quest style of Jungle Adventure. World Adventures was one of my fav packs and I reeeeally miss being able to travel to Egypt and France. Tomb exploring was one of my favorites. So this comes close to bring that back. However when I got my Outdoor Retreat, I got it with the Cool Kitchen Stuff in a bundle at Target or maybe online at a great price! So if you dont have Kitchen might be a good way to get even more great content!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Outdoor Retreat is OK, but it certainly does not compare to Jungle Adventure.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventure for sure because there's so much to do. New skills, aspirations, a new dance, music, collectibles, recipes. I really like Selvadorada. I wish my Sims could live there. They had to move to Sulani instead.
    Outdoor Retreat is very nice too. It has some nice CAS items as well as collectibles and an aspiration.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Outdoor Retreat has the tent, but that's not enough to sway my vote. Jungle Adventure is just more interesting with more things to do. I like both packs though.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventure is much, much more fun. It's kinda quirky and the world is beautiful. It comes with great build items too. You can also make a career out of being an archaeologist and make big bucks by *borrowing* items from lost civilisations.

In my opinion Outdoor Retreat is pretty forgettable. I rarely use it, even though I love the idea of camping. It is something for your sims to do I guess.
    giphy.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Gameplay wise jungle adventure in my opinion it’s the best gamepack. There is so much to explore, learn the culture, nice bb items. Personally I’m not too keen on the cas items but they fit the pack very well. Also your sims earn a lot of money from the archeology skill if you sell of the artefacts. However I will say outdoor retreat is my joint second favourite pack along with strangerville. Outdoor retreat is a lovely little world to send your sims to and is very good for outdoor/nature sims. As it was the first gamepack it’s gameplay is limited and you are best using other packs alongside it for gameplay items and lots such as restaurants, bars etc. It’s a pack that seems to not be liked that much by most other simmers.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I really like gathering the bugs and plants in Outdoor Retreat. Camping. The seasons... all the outdoor stuff. JA is kind of boring with the outdoor stuff. It does have better gameplay. The new dance, the new foods. So if I HAD to choose. OR is better. But if I'm in the mood for it, I like JA.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Outdoor Retreat is fine. I find it a bit bland, as gathering insects and finding herbs gets repetitive quickly, though the herbalisim skill can be useful.

Jungle Adventure has an actual adventure (though, like real life, digging up and restoring artifacts is dull to watch and takes a lot of time) a new culture to learn - including new foods, a ton of lore if you ask around enough (and pay attention to the item descriptions in build mode - especially the glyph tablets)

I prefer Jungle Adventure because there's just more story there and more to do/explore.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I don’t dislike Outdoor Retreat, but Jungle Adventure is overall a better pack, imo.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Even though they are in the same category, vacations, they are like apples and oranges, at least to me that is. JA if you want an exciting adventure, OR if you want more of the vacation feeling but I'd recommend adding a pancake type of restaurant and maybe one more community to fit the theme. I love them both and think they are great additions to my game.
  • qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    Does anyone know how long the sale be for?
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventures is so cool. I created my Lara Croft and went Tomb Raiding...in the Sims 4! A brilliant game pack. More holiday destinations should be the priority now.
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    Does anyone know how long the sale be for?

The sale will probably end tomorrow since it started last Tuesday when the previous game pack sale (DO and PH) ended.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    If you have Seasons, definitely don't get Outdoor Retreat. It's pretty in the winter, but you can't do much then, and the aspiration that came with it is almost impossible to complete. Jungle Adventure is better value.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I personally enjoy both packs, and "Outdoor Retreat"'s features compliment "Jungle Adventure" quite nicely. However, if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with "Jungle Adventure" for the exploration and dungeon crawling aspect. Still, I definitely recommend "Outdoor Retreat" to add some more immersion to your expeditions, what with all the camping gear it comes with and all.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    JA is a very good pack but OR is just way more versatile. You can use the camping stuff with every pack and with almost any play style. Including JA.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I like JA but I just don’t use it much. I didn’t use OR much either but since seasons I love having my sims go on winter vacations and celebrating winterfest in Granite Falls.