Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Thank you!! Glad you like the name of my series! I hope your homeless Sims feel at home here.. :) Sharks! You never know what can be found under a rusted mill wheel.. :D
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @LMC6255
    I love "My,this place has potential." I love homes
    that have the old run down feeling, and love driving
    by them.you did a great job on it! I must steal that for my game.

@MiaSkywalker
    Thanks! I hope so as well.
    You've got such a good sense of style, and me, with no style sense at all, I'm completely envious

That's how I feel when I'm interior decorating.Like my furniture is all over the place.I tend to focus more on actually
    cluttering the house.I love having homes filled with clutter, makes it feel lived in,so I tend to go overboard on that.XD
    Then when it comes to recoloring, my style is all over.XD
  • Options
    @ciane
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    I placed the Federalist home in a world called Salem.I thought it fit
    the town perfectly!

I was missing some store items you used(play pen, sauna and wood stove)
    I didn't have them installed, as I had recently uninstalled some store items
    to make my game run a bit better.So I replaced the missing sauna with a tub
    and the playpen with an extra bed.

Screenshot-28.jpg
    Rachel really loves how you did the sinks! They are super pretty!
    And the interior colors are gorgeous!

Screenshot-29.jpg
    Of course she chose this bedroom as hers.Because she loved the recolor
    of the bed.It really stood out.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    And she thinks that apron is too cute, why have I not seen this item before.
    I would have used it myself.XD

Screenshot-32.jpg
    And I think it looks gorgeous at sunset.

Screenshot-33.jpg
    I decided to add an extra something...ghost of a civil war soldier...because
    I get old haunted civil war home vibes from the house.:p and I love me some good old
    ghost stories.XD

• Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    ok my second gift for @ciane is a modern home that i tried to make really affordable sense you like huble beginngs heres the link for more detials https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394656
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am so far behind!
    First, so sorry to hear your brother is in ICU @GraceyManor. I hope he recovers/heals quickly.
    Second, oops again @Hidehi. I commented on your upload on my page, but not here. I LOVE the landscaping, pretty gazebo, and your nicely laid out lot. It's such a perfect lot.
    Third, I'll try to catch up and the latest posts.
    @MsPrissy88 - Nice job on your gift presentation.
    @LMC6255 - Potential is the perfect way to present that lot and the perfect gift for @SamelaRita I await what others you have in store.

Thank you for your very warm comments and, yes @MiaSkywalker you did check the first lot already. Thank you for doing that for everyone. We really do appreciate it. Big virtual hugs your way.

And now, I need to page ahead to find more wonderful uploads to comment on.

Aw, @GraceyManor - I really loved your walk-through and commentary on the house. Thank you so much for that. I am so happy that you like its vibe. Sorry about the store content. I do tend to use a lot of it. I just looked at the list of what you didn't have on the letter and freely added anything not on it, even though I knew you wouldn't have everything. I am betting that the house looks even better the way you have fixed it up.

And, @seaben - Thank you so much for another great little modern home. I love the color scheme with the little pop of red amidst the black and white and shades of gray. And a pool! My sims will truly be spoiled as they rarely get one until leisure day rolls around and the want a pool party. I love the doors and windows you chose and that upper loft area. You are really rocking these tiny homes! And I'm loving it!

And, wow, I'm caught up! And, now I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow, hopefully.

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @seaben
    "modernmarvel black white & red" has been checked and is CC free. o:)
    It's a cute little semi-starter, with nice simple colors. It looks like it would easily fit into most EA worlds. I know those are colors that Ciane likes a lot, and I like that mix in my more modern games as well.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @seaben That's such a smart little house! I love the colour combinations you chose. It'd be a great starter home for a single bloke as well - it'd suit a male sim.
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker In the relationships panel, he just shows up as a housemate: I didn't have time to make all the relationships properly, all the people and kill them all off. I did that more in the Sims 2, as you could use the tombstone of life and death, and generally get a complex sim back family done by the end of a sim day, but without that cheat (speed up pregnancy was a brilliant one!) it's very time-consuming.
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @seaben That's such a smart little house! I love the colour combinations you chose. It'd be a great starter home for a single bloke as well - it'd suit a male sim.

Well it's 30k so not a starter home but still cheap if you look at all the features
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Dear @BreeMiles
    Here's today's gift :)
    This is the Testarossa family (and their pet too).
    pXUv58.jpg

And some more pictures here.
    YdSs6W.jpg
    nhLsDb.jpg
    ddW9la.jpg

I've uploaded the house with no pictures in it (there's some festival ones I took) in case it shows up as cc, but the house and family together have the pictures inside on the wall.

No pictures
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394680

Family only
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394679

House with pictures and family
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394678

The back story's here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-testarossa-family.html

And I hope you have fun with them!

• Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

My dearest @BreeMiles :D

I am just speechless, my jaw dropped to the floor and it'll take a long time to recover ... your awesome gift is absolutely stunning and will be the poshest house on the block in 'Cape Simplicity'.

I love everything about this magnificent home, the exterior and landscaping is beautiful. How you've managed to get the roofing just right with all the ins and outs is mind boggling. :o
    My sims will absolutely love sitting on the back porch or painting under the willow tree. The interior I will have to explore properly when I have more time but your choice of colours and decor is perfect!!! ... by the way in all these years building in TS3 I've never tried to recolour the 'eternal coffee break clutter' ;)

Thank you ever so much Bree you've made me very happy!!! Big hugs <3
  • Options
    oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi guys!! :)@seaben @GraceyManor @ciane @BreeMiles @MsPrissy88 @Hidehi @LMC6255 (apologies if I missed anyone in the tag)

I feel like a snoopy sim, but I've have been lurking through everyone's gifts on this thread, liking on here and recommending on the exchange. Just wanted to say you all did amazing! <3

So sooo glad I found this community to share our love for the TS3!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    @SamelaRita:
    All three of your uploads (La Casa Azurra, Testarossa, and the family with the house) have been checked and are CC free. o:)

None of your pictures showed up in this thread. Not sure what happened, but probably wherever you uploaded them to is having issues.

The house is really wonderful. Another nice build for Monte Vista. I love the backstory on the Testarossas; they seem like a fun family to play. Will the Mom find true love and get married again? Or will she just focus on her children (and new cat) instead? She obviously is very compassionate to take in a stray, but she may be too busy to find true love. We just have to play them and find out. :)

I absolutely LOVE the fact that you told the story from the cat's point of view. I do hope the cat actually has a name! :D.
  • Options

Hi my lovely buddy @LMC6255 :)

May I present you with gift No 2: this is 'Hillside Lodge' built at 2250 Pinochle Point in a fairly traditional style.

I just love the views across Sunset Valley from here and I thoroughly enjoyed turning Pinochle Point into a building site ;)
    I very much hope that you and your sims will have fun here B)

1eyM6B6.jpg?1

Mktn5SN.jpg?1

xT0WIVs.jpg?1

SfYdFXv.jpg?1

I know it's the Summer Fest Gift Exchange but I couldn't help sneaking in another Winter picture :p

Th1Z7Cr.jpg?1

Download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394708
  • Options
    @Hidehi This is a fantastic build, with so many interesting nooks and crannies in it. Next time I'm on Sunset Valley, I think I'll be updating Pinochle Point too. I'm sure @LMC6255 won't mind me stealing borrowing her gifts...
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @seaben

Those colors always look great together! Black on the exterior is quite striking and the interior pops of color catches the eye.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @SamelaRita you are spoiling me rotten for sure! I love everything you have put in this family and home, I'm going to have a wonderful time play them! I see a darling little kitty in this one! Love their backstory dear and the family is super lovely, I can already tell they are going to be super fun to enjoy!! Can't wait to play them! Thank you so very very much for this lovely and wonderful family/home gift! <3
  • Options
    @SamelaRita

Beautiful home and family! The cat-who-must-be-obeyed is a delightful voice for their story.
  • Options

Thank you so much @SamelaRita , I'm so glad that you are thinking of tea-leafing Hillside Lodge ;) ... Pinochle Point is really the most delightful place to build and I must thank LMC6255 for rekindling my interest in Sunset Valley.

You have done yourself proud with your gorgeous gifts to Bree! La Casa Azzurra and the Testarossa household will definitely turn me into a kleptomaniac o:) ... I will make time to read your background stories soon ... I know already that I will absolutely love them as I do all of your awesome tales! <3 x
  • Options
    @Hidehi
    Hillside Lodge has been checked and is good to go o:)

This lodge is lovely! Easy to see this being a home for grandparents, their child plus spouse/partner and one or two kids.
    Think I'll follow behind @SamelaRita and steal borrow these gifts, too.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @Hidehi your gift #No. 2 is super ready for you to enjoy! A bit on the smaller side with only 1 Bed 1 Bath but packed full of charm! I hope you enjoy this little treasure!

To my buddy sweet @Hidehi
    Summer Fest Gift #2
    DOWNLOAD
    Summer%2BFest%2BGift%2B2.jpg
    Summer%2BFest%2BGift%2B2%2B2020.jpg

Please come back tomorrow also as there is another gift waiting for you my buddy!

• Options
    @ciane no worries about the store items.They were minor items.i own the playpen just don’t have it installed because I normally age babies and toddlers up right away, their too needy 🤪
  • Options

I was just lingering on My Page when your upload popped up dearest @BreeMiles :D . I've headed straight over here to thank you before I need to grab a paper bag again as I'm starting to hyperventilate already. It's an absolutely gorgeous build, I love, love LOVE it, it will fit into my world perfectly and I can't wait to explore it in game. <3 x
  • Options
    @BreeMiles
    Summer Fest Gift #2 has been checked and is good to go o:)

This lovely one bedroom, one bath home is cute! Perfect for country life or placed to enjoy a sea view.
    Great color palette and fabulous furnishings.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2020
    Good Morning! It's day 3 for gifting. Today, @GraceyManor, you'll need to fill up your car, cycle, or RV as we are going on a road trip.
    roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394740
    I built this for you before I knew that @Hidehi would have you covered in that department, but maybe you can use a gas station that fits on a smaller lot.
    Let's let that imagine build and see what sights we'll see as we travel down the mother road.

Interesting note: The love tester works well as a gas pump for anyone who might not have the gas pump.

I'll be back to comment on the absolutely gorgeous builds that my sister and I have both oohed and awed over.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top