Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest...

How many of you use cheats? I know I can't be the only one who does so lol. And if so, what cheats do you prefer to use?

I honestly try not to, but I usually end up caving - at the very least with the simoleans one.

In 2, I tend to also use the cheat which makes them stop aging.
In 3, I use the free real estate to add families I create, I use the "glitch" (?) which gets you more lifetime happiness points, and I tend to make their needs static - at the least while I am trying to build up their skills. Sometimes I also use the cheat to adjust a Sims celebrity or career status. (Not the family I am playing as - others in the town.)
In 4, I use the needs one, and then the cheat to unlock all the objects you can purchase.
500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...

Comments

• Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    haha, I definitely use cheats.
    I mostly use the needs one though. ( Testingcheats true and then shift click on sim: make happy)
    When I am playing a challenge I obviously do not.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    When I was a lot younger and first started playing I would always use cheats but I found it's more fun not to so I hardly ever use cheats now. I do use cas.fulleditmode quite a lot so that I can peek at what my sims' kids will look like as YAs but I don't use it to edit my sims' features.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I try to only use them when necessary. The one I probably use the most is free real estate. Only for those families that I need to move in but don't plan on playing.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Just motherlode. No mods or CC either.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I use money 0, bb.moveobjects on and cas.fulleditmode quite often.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I only use cheats to set up families I'm not playing or to fix a bug or glitch.
    I do use MOO for building and I'll unlock all the items for building, but I don't see that as cheating so much as the stuff is there and I should be allowed access to it. ;) Money or needs cheats in normal game play? Never.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I like using the freerealestate cheat for those times when I don't feel like having a sim work they way up to a nice home.

I also use the family funds cheat too for those times I need to add or subtract money from a household's funds.

When I first started to do zombie apocalypses or the assassin career, I'd teleport my sim to a roof so they can snipe at the sims from a safe distance - and they can't be arrested too! I don't do that anymore though, but I've built sniper "nests" around the world to shoot from.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have a rule that I never use cheats as in cheat codes for gameplay but I do use other tactics and workarounds :wink:

As for story telling the rules do not apply so my stories are usually full of mods and I have a number of cheat codes on at the same time
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    In the Sims 2 I used to make "cheat families". That game had a ton of cheats you could do and I would try them on them first before using them in my normal families.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    cas.fulleditmode, bb.moveobjects
    Sometimes I use the UI Cheats mod to fill some needs. I use freerealestate only for NPC sims.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I don't use them.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Also I want to add I used to play with only cheats as a kid. Now I have to say I find the game more enjoyable with the casual challenge. I love being broke and saving up to buy stuff and I love it when my sims walk slowly to a restroom and it's not clear if they're going to make it or not.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I usually use moveobjects, showhiddenobjects for debug stuff and motherlode or kaching.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Aaaall the time, lol, to be specific (and in what I believe to be the order of frequency):
    fill needs household / world
    bb.moveobjects
    money [amount]
    freerealestate on
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    reset sim
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,321 Member
    edited June 2020
    When my husband bought me Sims 3 base game plus Supernatural pack I was excited to play what I imagined would be a completely free to do as you please digital dollhouse with fantasy elements. I was dismayed, upon exiting CAS and starting to play, to discover that sims have mundane constant needs (even the ghost had to pee! :confused::joy: ), and that what house they could live in was restricted by money, requiring some sort of income if I wanted anything better than a boring starter home.

And because the day went by so fast, earning money and taking care of needs took up nearly all the time. It appeared to be nothing more than a really fancy time management game. This was a huge disappointment for me because I hate time management games. After a very short experimental play session, I quit the game in disgust, and did not attempt playing again for over a year.

It was not until I learned that with the "testingcheats enabled" cheat turned on I could drag the needs bars up when filling their needs didn't suit my story that I began to enjoy the game. The second cheat I tried (and used a lot for starting out new stories) was "motherlode". Basically, filling needs and earning money aren't fun for me. I only do them if they fit into my story. Over time I learned about and used various other cheats whenever something about the game design got in the way of how I have fun.

In Sims 4, I use UI cheats extension mod to do a lot of the stuff I used cheats for in Sims 3. It's more convenient and Weerbesu keeps it up to date and working smoothly, so it actually feels safer to me than using some of the cheat codes. But it's the same basic thing as the cheats I used in Sims 3, and it's the one mod I absolutely won't play without.

In build mode, of course, I use the moveobjects cheat so frequently that I almost forgot it's a cheat :lol: I just think of it as an alternate setting. And for making spellcasting aliens and vampires, I've used the cheat that adds the hidden spellcaster trait.

It's probably worth noting that, until Sims 3, I pretty much didn't play any computer games at all.
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I played all these games for years without using cheats. I used what was in the game to make their lives easier or harder. But when I branched out into machinima many years ago I had to use some mods and some cheats to make the poses and or events etc. or to loop animations etc. But normally I rarely use cheats in any of them unless they get stuck. I might use motherlode in the other games or family funds if I'm playing a particular character and story so they can live in a particular building that is their story.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I use cheats all the time to set up the stage for my stories. If I need to make the Chief of Police playable, they probably wouldn't live ina starter home, after all! But when I have a gameplay goal for my households I do not cheat toward that, they have to earn it.

The only cheat that I feel is really me cheating is "teleport here" - I couldn't play big, multi-storey houses otherwise.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    "So how often do you use cheats?"

Yes.
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »
    How many of you use cheats? I know I can't be the only one who does so lol. And if so, what cheats do you prefer to use?

I honestly try not to, but I usually end up caving - at the very least with the simoleans one.

In 2, I tend to also use the cheat which makes them stop aging.
    In 3, I use the free real estate to add families I create, I use the "glitch" (?) which gets you more lifetime happiness points, and I tend to make their needs static - at the least while I am trying to build up their skills. Sometimes I also use the cheat to adjust a Sims celebrity or career status. (Not the family I am playing as - others in the town.)
    In 4, I use the needs one, and then the cheat to unlock all the objects you can purchase.

I tend to use cheats for needs in free play mode. If I'm in some sort of challenge I only use them to lower money to zero. I also like using MCCC to see if my sim's kid is male or female so I can work out a name before the birth. I don't really use anything else. I hardly even use move objects.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    My legacy sims have been living in the house I "gifted" them for 23 (almost 24!) generations. I like to think of cheating as being like the unknown sponsor in Hunger Games.... But yes I definitely cheat
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    In ts3 I use freerealestate and testingcheatsenabled true to cheat relationships because I can't be bothered to maintain them myself.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I've used most of them for all of them haha. I'll have certain families where I don't use them and some where I do. I use them much more in 4 to reset my sim, who keeps getting stuck places. In 2 I used them a lot to keep pregnant sims happy.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i always cheat in the game more money max skills aging fully off sims imortel and no sims are deleted
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I use cheats all the time. It makes the game fun and easier. I use the "testingcheatsenabled true" and then "Modify in CAS". And I use "motherlode" so my sims have a lot of money to live on.