Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I know that merpeople get this many days but for the trait that's new to me, too. Maybe because James also maxed the fitness skill? Idk :D

Ah yes, it takes forever to get even one dragonfruit on the grafted plant :/ One day you'll have one ^^ I was lucky that James had one in his inventory. Else I guess the waiting wouldn't have ended yet :joy: But it's worth waiting :) You're still in generation 1 so your sims will be able to earn tons of money later :)

Oh interesting. Less hybrids means less bugs so that's good news :)

Not to brag but I've planned a new house. Just so the kitchen and living room are far away from each other :D I can only start building it on the legacy lot when the bachelor part is over but... I finished it yesterday :joy: If you want I can build a house for you :) You'd need to answer some questions in style and what rooms and how many rooms you'd want but I could do this for you :) Oh, and budget. :sweat_smile:

You're welcome :) There's also a sheet - or more like a lot - on the legacy site but they confuse me a tad too much. Probably that "I need to have it done myself to work with it" thing I have... :D

And about the new chapter :love:
    It's amazing how writing a word or two in italics changes the tone how you read it :DWe know. Sounds like an eyeroll :D

Skin weakness... Why am I curious to see what'll happen? I see vampires with no weaknesses at all and an umbrella burning in the sun :# Good luck with Vlad!

Yes, the 20 day count for the aspiration is broken... As soon as you travel it resets. Even if you don't take Vlad with you.

Scylla doesn't look too bad yet. She got Caly's freckles!!! Ah! I'm so jealous lol It seems like the nose and mouth are from Caly, too! You might be lucky with her already :) The chin will be a total Vlad chin. But if that will be her only problem, she'll be pretty :) Well, Scylla is the nymph from the book before Circe transformed her, then :D

The house looks normal for a generation 1 house :p Except the roof maybe... :D

Why is it so cute to see Vlad as a caring father?

The birth machine is soooo creepy! That's why I never have my sims bear their babies in the hospital!

Circe is a lovely name! And for the question: I can't remember :D It would be super awkward tho...

It's kind rare that toddlers/children are happy about a new sibling. My sims always get angry or sad... Might be the genes :D

Turner makes pretty kids! If you ignore the grey streaks :D
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Turner makes pretty kids! If you ignore the grey streaks :D
    Well, it's nothing a bit of hair dye can't fix. (Personally, I love it when his kids get his hair. You definitely know they're related!)
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey @MaggieMarley! I've been following the challenge, I've just been rather quiet on the forums lately.

I guess it's not a spoiler since it happened ages ago...
    but Yay for Bunny! You go girl on stealing the Straud mansion!

I have a feeling she gave it the same makeover I did.
    Example:
    cheerful-straud_002.jpg
    cheerful-straud_003.jpg

Vlad would cringe so hard his wrinkles would form wrinkles.

Also super yay that she had adorable kiddos. I love them! Thank you for posting the previews of them as YA's!

Now... not about Bunny. But other cute things...

Babies!!!

I love the kiddos! Scylla and Circe! Those are wonderful names. I can't wait to see Scylla all grown up.

I adore the name Circe. I was totally the weird geeky girl that read to much mythology as a kid and my email used to be: lady_circe ... except when you're a teenager, all your friends think your username is Lady Circle. :#

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    It's a mystery to me too! Oh great, that means Caly will be alive for a long time :)

I read that you can get dragon fruit in the rare seed packets but you need gardening level 10 to buy them so I'm making Vlad work on maxing the gardening skill now!

Oh my gosh it would be amazing if you could build me a house, thank you so much! I love your builds! I might wait until they have more money before asking you though because currently they don't have enough money to build anything good lol

Yours is perfect, so clear :)
    Haha that's true! Good old italics :D

He's been ok so far but dang if he is out in the sun at all his vampire energy bar drops like mad.

I already know what Scylla will look like as a YA because I peeked haha but I'm giving nothing away ;) Vlad kids often look cute as toddlers and then turn bad as teens though lol

I don't even know how to fix the roof so I'm not bothering :D

I think the name Circe goes with Straud really well too :)

Turner's kids did turn out well! He has some good genes!

@15aewar I like it too, nice family feature :)

@TheYayToast heya! Thank you so much for reading :) I know how it is!
    That is a beautiful makeover of Straud Mansion :o is it on the gallery? I love it! Don't tell Vlad that though, he'd have a fit :D

No worries, she made some lovely looking kids! Good genes there too.
    I'm glad you like the names! It's a fun naming theme :) I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read any greek mythology myself, I've just been googling for suitable names. Lady Circle :D lol that's brilliant. Circe's nickname should be circle...
    @Queenarella
    It's a mystery to me too! Oh great, that means Caly will be alive for a long time :)

I read that you can get dragon fruit in the rare seed packets but you need gardening level 10 to buy them so I'm making Vlad work on maxing the gardening skill now!

Oh my gosh it would be amazing if you could build me a house, thank you so much! I love your builds! I might wait until they have more money before asking you though because currently they don't have enough money to build anything good lol

Yours is perfect, so clear :)
    Haha that's true! Good old italics :D

He's been ok so far but dang if he is out in the sun at all his vampire energy bar drops like mad.

I already know what Scylla will look like as a YA because I peeked haha but I'm giving nothing away ;) Vlad kids often look cute as toddlers and then turn bad as teens though lol

I don't even know how to fix the roof so I'm not bothering :D

I think the name Circe goes with Straud really well too :)

Turner's kids did turn out well! He has some good genes!

@15aewar I like it too, nice family feature :)

@TheYayToast heya! Thank you so much for reading :) I know how it is!
    That is a beautiful makeover of Straud Mansion :o is it on the gallery? I love it! Don't tell Vlad that though, he'd have a fit :D

No worries, she made some lovely looking kids! Good genes there too.
    I'm glad you like the names! It's a fun naming theme :) I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read any greek mythology myself, I've just been googling for suitable names. Lady Circle :D lol that's brilliant. Circe's nickname should be circle...

It's totally on the gallery. Here's more pics and stuff of it as well as the gallery link: Cheerful Straud

There's even a nod in there to your 100 baby challenge. :wink:
    @TheYayToast thank you! Oh I see that you tagged me... So sorry, I guess I missed that notification at the time! I did laugh at your inclusion of the popcorn machine in the dungeon (and the caption about it ;) )
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    Love still thrives in the humble home o:)
    It was good that Caly finally got a role ... maybe she should dye her hair blue. She is so beautiful :love:
    Caly is also very pretty in her mermaid form. She deserves a great swimming pool <3

Poor Circe ... she is abused as a baby and she really got the wrong cocktail when Vlad and Caly's genes were mixed :s
    Fortunately, both her parents do not look beyond their own nose tips, so they probably do not notice her appearance :lol:

Turner must be some kind of masochist :o
    Mermaids aren't immortal but live way longer than normal sims :)

I've never read that but I've never looked for it ^^ It would be cool if you got that way. There's only one or two fruits on each plant tho. So you need a lot of dragonfruit plants ^^

Just PM me when you're ready for a house ^^ And tell me all the details, like rooms, stories, etc :D

Thank you :)
    Can vampires die when the vampire bar is down?

Is this a hint at an ugly Scylla? :o:D

You have to place more roofs and drag them to cover all the rooms ^^

new chapter :love:
    The first gig! Finally!

Why, oh why does the game use cheese hair so many times? -.-

Vlad, what the?! That's not how you hold a baby :o

Congrats on getting Vlad to Master Vampire so fast!

I still get festival notifications. Maybe you just missed them?

Are you sure the brown spots are only "mud" and not something else? :#:D

Circe isn't lucky when it comes to getting your parents' genes :#

There's always one ex-contestant who stalks the family afterwards. That's why I delete all relationships to former candidates with MCCC :sweat_smile:
    Just wanted to pop in to cheer! The June 3rd patch fixes the vampire master problem:

Vampires
    • Vampire Sims working on the Master Vampire Aspiration will no longer have the task “Survive for an Additional 20 Days as a Vampire” reset after traveling.
    AH! It's fixed! Hopefully they fixed the acting career, too!
    @Queenarella Get Famous patch note
    Fixed the issue with the Actor Career where Sims were unable to complete their gig when they would travel and return home before it was time for the gig.

Hopefully it works .... unlike the dryers that no longer work in my game :s
    @MonaSolstraale Thank you! I've seen the patch notes but I freaked out about the MAC part and didn't read on :D I should do this, maybe ^^
    @MonaSolstraale
    I love the blue hair on Caly too! She will get her swimming pool when they have enough money to spare :)

Circe has lost big time in the genetic lottery!

I feel like Turner wants to be part of the family lol

@Queenarella
    I wonder how many days Caly will last and what I will do with Vlad when she dies...

They are definitely going to need at least 10 dragonfruit plants I think.

Cool! Thank you so much again! I will definitely PM you about it when they have more money :) I'm playing kinda slow so might not be for a bit.
    Yup the bar goes down when they are out in the sun and when it's empty they burn to death!

Maaaybe, maybe not :p

I am lazy so they might never get a proper roof :D but thank you for the tip! I will try to remember to give it a go :)
    The game loves cheese hair. She got it on at least one of her other gigs so far too... (I've played ahead)

I don't think I have ever seem a sim hold a baby like that before lol

I am definitely not getting the notifications. It's so weird! My game must be glitched :(

I did wonder about deleting the relationships... Maybe I should have!

@TheYayToast so happy about this! It doesn't really help Vlad because his 20 days already started and since I've played ahead he is quite a way through them already so I will still have to manually mark that milestone of the aspiration as finished once the 20 days are over but it's really good to know it is fixed for my other vampires :)

@MonaSolstraale when I saw on the patch notes that they had fixed the acting career I was so relieved!
    Nice to see the old "gang" :)
    I really don't know who is most crazy .... Turner or Caly? :lol:
    I love Keoni's disappearance number :joy:

I love Scylla and Circe's reaction to the new sister ... you can see it in their facial expressions :joy:

The pink hair looks very good on Caly.... although she doesn't look satisfied :love:

NB: Regarding baby boys .....
    I used this tip from Carl's Sims4 Guide before, with luck: To be more likely to have a baby boy: Eat carrots and listen to alternative music on the radio.
    Of course, I don't know if this is against the rules.
    Maybe it's worth a try?
    @MonaSolstraale I love seeing the old contestants whenever they pop up! They are like old friends :) I am so glad that some of them are vampires so will be in the save forever!
    The answer is Caly, always Caly :D

I genuinely thought he hadn'tturned up until I saw him in the bath lol. He had the right idea!

The contrast in their expressions was too funny :D

I get the feeling Caly was a bit of a diva and with the poor stylist.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules in a legacy to influence the gender or not. I barely ever do it because for some reason I like the gender to be out of my control. It's too late to influence the gender of the next baby though because I've played ahead and baby #4 is born already ;)
    I'm still for the cowplant :D:D

The more dragonfruit plants, the more money B)

Oh interesting. I've never had a vampire die in the sun ^^ Now I know when it gets dangerous.

If I can manage to add a ladder to my pool, you can update the roof :joy:

It bothers me so much! Most gigs use the cheese hair. Just why?! :bawling:

Have you deleted the weird files in the sims folder yet? Repaired the game? Updated MCCC? Deleted the broken mods? It might be one of these things causes the lack of festival notifications.

Deleting the relationship means less stalking ^^ Stalking can be fun tho.

New chapter :love:
    Haha, Candy is still my favorite. I wonder what it would've been like if she had won? :p

Taking a photo this close won't look nice, Roland :D

It does look like Caly looks at the notifications :o

Love the name of the new baby! I've never heard of it but it's awesome!

Four babies this close! You're crazier than I am :D Do you have risky woohoo?

Funny thing: I almost gave Caly red hair when I created her lol Imagine her mermaid hair in bright red :D

Let's hope the last baby will be a boy!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I have to admit, it's always fun to see Candy!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Candy was making me shiver watching her in that outfit in the snow.

GIRL! Put your winter clothing on! I know I dressed you in the cold outfit category. (Tsk tsk!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Queenarella
    I would have to grow a cowplant so it'd be more effort but it would certainly be fun! Do ghosts of sims who died after being eaten by a cowplant have any special powers I wonder?

But I'm so lazy... My excuse is that I'll probably add another floor sometime so there's no point putting a roof on :D

I tried clearing my caches but I should probably repair the game. Only mod I have in at the moment is MCCC which is the latest version and I don't have any CC. Weird. But yeah I'll definitely have to repair the game.

I do like seeing the old contestants again so that's a plus!
    Candy is such a character. I can imagine her bossing Vlad around if she'd won :p

I hadn't heard it either but it was suggested and I really like it! Fits nicely with the theme too :)

I have played ahead and let's just say I hate myself for making them have so many kids so close together. Never again. I have risky woohoo at 5% and if Caly get pregnant again I will scream.

She looks good with red hair but I'm glad you decided on the blonde in the end because I think it suits her best!

@lilypadmeulin it is! She's so fun.

@pammiechick
    Darn it, I didn't notice at the time that she wasn't in her cold weather outfit. Now I come to think of it I don't think Roland was either. Keoni went inside so I don't know about him. I think vampires must not autonomously change clothes in the cold because temperatures don't affect them.
    The only ghost with any power I know of is the Murphy bed one. It can steal a sim's energy. I'm not sure if other ghosts have powers, too.

It's not like in ts3 where it would rain and snow into the house when you don't have a proper roof. So you're fine lol

Then it can't be caused by the mod. Deaderpool made the hotfix update for the hotfix patch so there shouldn't be problems. Repair game should help :)

It bothers me that every day like 5 different sims knock on my door :D Family, Vlad, strangers, friends... It's nice to see former contestants but the visiting is suuuuper annoying. Like a few days ago I played and suddenly Violet was inside the house.

I told you so :joy: It's almost like having triplets. It's horribly bad! And to think of, you're used to locking toddlers in a dungeon :p

New chapter:
    Yes, every kind of maxed skill counts for the point system :) If every skill only counted once you couldn't achieve the 9 points.

No Candy! Don't steal the baby!!

It's a lot of work to get a cowplant berry. But it's worth the effort! I gave Roger the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration as a second one and 4 days later it was done :joy:

The goddess jokes will never get old lol Love them!

I wonder about the toddlers' hair color. Caly has the middle blond version but the girls look like they have the light version. They'll end up with Vlad's hair, 100% sure...

Will you give the 10 babies in one generation point a try? :p

Hm, I should have said only 2 kids when you asked me. It's the founding generation after all :D I guess I just wanted to see if there might be a less Vlad-alike offspring this soon :p

Toddlers get filthy when they decide to use the diaper as soon as the green bar drops a tiny bit :D Some toddlers do this, others don't.

Vlad in his dark form wearing bunny slippers :joy:

Galatea might have Vlad's eyes but not the chin! It's something. And brown hair? They'll be grey as a teen, right?

Vlad = heavy weights? He looks so thin. I bet he's not heavy.

Aren't we all a bit brutal when it comes to our sims? I wouldn't let her skip a gig either :D

A camping gig. Never seen that!

TWINS? :o Holy sh... You now have 5 little kids in your legacy. Founding generation. How often did you smack your head on the desk? :D

Love their names!
    Nice to see that Caly still looks like her crazy self :grin:
    ... but to command a computer to turn on ... here it doesn't help that her father is a mighty god :joy:

Poor (almost childless) Candy ... As far as I remember, Candy dreams of at least 10 children
    What's happening Keoni!!!? There is rarely anything good about neglecting your partner's wishes :#

I hope Vlad succeeds in growing a dragon fruit :)
    I think I succeeded ... at least once.
    I have more than once cultivated a flower of death

You're tough on Caly ... think about playing a theater show while she's about to give birth :o
    She's probably "vaccinated" against baby births in the future >:)
    If you hate caring for todlers then you have been very unlucky :s
    .... on the other hand Vlad and Caly no longer need to have a son ... they even have one in excess :lol:

In my game, Keoni had twins and three todlers are killing me.... :/
    VblWfpWl.png
    I have moved Kassandra's brother into the house, so with dog and cat the household is filled up and I do not risk being tempted to make more children .... (which can happen if I start getting bored ;) )
    @Queenarella
    I know that if a sim burns to death they can start fires when angry!

I got a festival notification when playing last night so I guess my game fixed itself or I just missed the notifications before :)

haha in my 100 baby challenge there was a constant line of past kids visiting - I mostly was mean and ignored them :D

Small families from now on...
    Hang on I'm slow lol. So if, say, Vlad and Caly both maxed the painting skill that would count as two skills maxed rather than one?

And with aspirations, does it work the same way? So if, say, Vlad and Caly both completed the world famous celebrity aspiration, would it count as two aspirations completed or just one?

I'm so dumb sorry for the silly questions!

If Vlad maxes gardening then I might get some rare seed packets for the cowplant berry :)

Hmmm I might do the 10 kids in one generation thing - but not this generation lol. I am so done with toddlers and babies now!

Nah it's kind of nice that Caly wanted a big family. We get to see more beautiful Vlad kids as a result and you know I love experimenting with Vlad's genetics from my 100 baby!

Vlad's sleepwear is literally his everyday wear with bunny slippers. Love it.

Yeah the brown hair will turn grey as a teen, poor girl.

Haha you're right, he can't be very heavy at all. Maybe I should have said 'light weights' :D

Somehow 4 children seemed kind of manageable but 5 seems like way too much lol. Oh dear why do surprise twins always come at the worst moment?

@MonaSolstraale
    Caly is... Special lol.

Actually, come to think of it Keoni and Candy may well have more kids by now! I haven't checked in a while.

I could really do with some death flowers too now I come to think of it! With Vlad's thin skin weakness he is in constant peril of burning to death and it makes me nervous.

I was so mean to poor Caly but there was no way she could give birth before the gig started and I was not letting her miss it after she'd had to wait days for it.

Toddlers are the worst. At least it wasn't triplets I suppose!

Aww Keoni and Cassandra had twins! He's looking at that paint mess thinking 'help me!' :D

I know what you mean about the temptation to keep having kids. I so almost made Vlad and Caly try for another baby despite the fact I knew caring for even 5 kids was going to be a struggle. Fortunately, I stopped myself!