Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Driving Me Nuts! - Constantly getting logged out

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @EA_Rtas as well
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thought it was just me, thanks for posting about it!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    OMG me too! I thought it was just me :open_mouth: It's driving me crazy.
    giphy.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yup! It's happening to me too. I thought it was just me though so thanks for posting this, it's nice to know I'm not going crazy alone. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I thought it was because my phone is ancient 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Been happening to me for a few days now. Generally just a reload of the page will get me logged back in for a little while.

This. It's been going on for a while and I just refresh the page.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Chiming in with a 'me too' here! Driving me bonkers but happy to know it's not just me.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2020
    Hey, thanks for the heads up!

Would you mind answering a few questions for me to help us investigate?
    1. Have you noticed any patterns on when it happens for you that may help us reproduce the issue?
    2. Are you using the desktop or mobile version of the forums?
    3. Are you being asked to fill the log in form every time, or you get logged in again without needing to introduce your email/password once you press 'Sign in'?

PS. Moving this topic to 'Forum Ideas & Feedback'. Please, use that category for topics related to the forum itself in the future :)
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    1. Unfortunately, I've not noticed a particular pattern with the signing out - sometimes it does it when I use the 'back' arrow on my browser, sometimes not; sometimes it does it when I click on another forum section/thread, sometimes not - so, pretty random.
    2. Using the desktop version of the forums.
    3. Not being asked to fill in the log-in form at all, just get a 'Redirecting' screen momentarily before it logs me back in.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    1. Unfortunately, I've not noticed a particular pattern with the signing out - sometimes it does it when I use the 'back' arrow on my browser, sometimes not; sometimes it does it when I click on another forum section/thread, sometimes not - so, pretty random.
    2. Using the desktop version of the forums.
    3. Not being asked to fill in the log-in form at all, just get a 'Redirecting' screen momentarily before it logs me back in.

Basically the same thing, only I also have it on mobile.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    1. Have you noticed any patterns on when it happens for you that may help us reproduce the issue?
    Not really. I seem to notice it after leaving the site and then returning.

Desktop

3. Are you being asked to fill the log in form every time, or you get logged in again without needing to introduce your email/password once you press 'Sign in'?
    I'm not asked anything, I just notice that it says 'sign in' at the top of the page instead of my avatar. All I have to do is refresh the page and I'm signed in again.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »

PS. Moving this topic to 'Forum Ideas & Feedback'. Please, use that category for topics related to the forum itself in the future :)

1. Not that I've noticed.
    2. Desktop
    3. I don't have to fill in anything, I just hit "log in" and it refreshes and does it for me.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Have you noticed any patterns on when it happens for you that may help us reproduce the issue?
    Are you using the desktop or mobile version of the forums?
    Are you being asked to fill the log in form every time, or you get logged in again without needing to introduce your email/password once you press 'Sign in'?

1. I have not noticed a pattern. It is happening a lot.
    2. I am on desktop.
    3. I don't have to fill out the log, I just have to hit the "sign on" button and it logs me back on.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Same as everyone above, except I use both desktop and mobile and it happens on both.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the information everyone! We still don't know what's going on but we are looking into it.

I'll keep you updated here when I have more info to share.

Thanks again!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Same here, it’s been happening off and on for about a week. But the last two or three days it’s gotten worse.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

1) using a link to the forums - especially an outside one - always takes me to a page where I'm not logged in, and then I tend to appear to be logged out more frequently after a while.

2) Desktop only

3) I don't have to even press log in, just refresh the page, so I'm not sure I'm actually being logged out - I'm just getting the page displayed as if I was.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020

1. No patterns. It seems very random.
    2. I use desktop (Google Chrome)
    3. Nope. I click 'Sign in' and automatically sign in each time. Sometimes even refreshing the page signs me back in again.

Thanks for looking into this! :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Thanks for the information everyone! We still don't know what's going on but we are looking into it.

I'll keep you updated here when I have more info to share.

Thanks again!

Thank you <3
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member

For me this has been going on for quite some time. It seems to happen especially if I've accessed the gallery from my game. But it does happen randomly some other times.

I only use desktop.

All I have to do is hit "sign in" and it recognizes me immediately as if I was already signed in. I don't have to put in my log in or password at that point.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member

1. No pattern. I've noticed this happening since yesterday. Also, as someone mentioned, every time I use an "outside" link, like from a Google search, I'm never logged in. Doesn't seem to matter if I had visited the forums (and been signed in) before the search.
    2. Google Chrome on PC, I never use mobile.
    3. No login form. Just click "Sign in"
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Having the same issue for like months now. It’s super annoying.

1. It happens almost every time I go to a forum post using a search engine. It usually doesn’t happen otherwise.
    2. Both.
    3. I get logged in again without needing to put my email & password after I press sign in.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2020
    O I have that after not being here a while but usually I tap the little login and it will automatically bring back into the forums without entering my password. So even though it says login I'm not really logged out unless I did log out. It's kinda hard to explain. I've only had to actually login in a few times. I'm pretty sure theres a remember or stay logged on option but I'm not certain
    giphy.gif