Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler Friendly Lot Trait

elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really wish they would give us a Toddler Friendly lot trait. I am so fed up of never seeing toddlers at community lots.

If they gave us the trait and programmed it for parents of toddlers to bring them to those places then we could assign the trait to anywhere suitable. Parks, cafés with a toddler area, in fact any type of lot that you've added a toddler area to.

Finally our toddlers could meet others their own age, we could have mums and tots gatherings etc (or dads and tots of course).
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes please! I want to see toddlers at parks and other community lots too. I've actually made most of the parks in my game toddler friendly already but sadly when I take my toddlers to them they always have to play alone or with older sims.
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    This right here would be great, I have gold on every event but not toddler play date I have no way of even finding another one.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I usually create and move in age appropriate friends as neighbors for my toddlers and kids.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Until that happens crate a family tot group. It's a bit challenging, but it works for public lots. This is another thing that would be greatly appreciated.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i really want that, i havent been able to use that toddler play date function cause there's no easy way to meet other toddlers
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Until that happens crate a family tot group. It's a bit challenging, but it works for public lots. This is another thing that would be greatly appreciated.

How do you do that?
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I really wish they would give us a Toddler Friendly lot trait. I am so fed up of never seeing toddlers at community lots.

If they gave us the trait and programmed it for parents of toddlers to bring them to those places then we could assign the trait to anywhere suitable. Parks, cafés with a toddler area, in fact any type of lot that you've added a toddler area to.

Finally our toddlers could meet others their own age, we could have mums and tots gatherings etc (or dads and tots of course).

That would be nice. One of my sim couples went to a restaurant. It was nice to see some of the other families in my rotation were there but so noticable when the parents and school-aged kids eat together, but the toddlers in those families are missing.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I was very surprised recently by seeing toddler on the beach in Sulani. I knew that toddler, because he is from another household in my rotation. He was without his relatives. Their house is next to the beach and his father showed up later, much later, picked him up and they both disappeared. That was very strange.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I really went to see toddlers out and about also. I have the school mod so my toddlers do meet other toddlers at preschool but since the mom don't know them I can't invite them over. I just got the mod and I am discovering stuff about it. It's so cute watching him go off to preschool.

Anyway, I found out toddlers can go with the family camping but they can't travel to the forest. I am playing a single mom with 2 kids and a toddler. She just got divorced and needed a vacation. She kept getting a whim about it. Anyway, I'm having her do the outdoor enthusiast aspiration. I feel bad that when she traveled the forest and then to the hermit the kids could join her but her toddler got sent to daycare.

There are ways to edit the lots and add toddler stuff at both places. I just don't understand why the toddlers get left out of so much stuff. They could have updated this by now. I was looking for a mod but did not find one. With the update on Tue it wouldn't do that much anyway because we might have to wait for mods to get updated.
    I don't know what goes through their heads sometimes with some of the decision making.

I mean, we can invite a known toddler to our sims house and said toddler will show up totally alone but then they won't allow them out in the world with their family.

It must be programmable because, like @CaprianaB mentioned, they have families with kids turning up at a restaurant so why could they not include the toddler in that.

They also need to be included in Get Together clubs.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »

How do you do that?

It came through one of the many group mods I have installed. Not sure which mod allows for it? I'll investigate and let you guys know.
  • mabmabmabmab Posts: 3 New Member
    yeah it would be cool and i havent noticed game creating toddler by itself when creating other households
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think a lot trait is a great way to allow people to have toddlers around that want them whilst allowing those of us that do not want brats 'making a mess' everywhere would be able to opt out.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I think a lot trait is a great way to allow people to have toddlers around that want them whilst allowing those of us that do not want brats 'making a mess' everywhere would be able to opt out.
    Yes! A win situation for everyone!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Would so love a play group style club added for parents and toddlers. Parks are so lonely when you take your toddler to play and no one ekse has a toddler there.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I agree, Our sim parents ( ie We) need to be able to choose to include or exclude toddlers and babies from places we visit
    we should choose if they go to day care, or if we hire a babysitter or have them come with us, in a stroller or backpack, they could sit in a highchair at a cafe or ride a push along to the park . . . a lot trait would be AWESOME !
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• AzeldaAzelda Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree too. Please make this lot trait !
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don’t play with them much but I always thought it was weird to never see them, and also that sims don’t have strollers. And can’t leave the house with them.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I agree. I use a mod by Bienchen that allows toddlers to spawn in parks, but they are usually wandering alone, poor creatures 😅 well, at least my toddler can meet his peers.
    I would also like an ability to add toddlers to clubs. I have a few family clubs that hang out in parks too, and it's nice when you see parents playing with their kids. But they have to leave their toddlers at home.
    Sometimes, when you're lucky, game spawns a family club and a toddler from that family at the same time haha.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    toddler and child hangout is needed. theres a teen hangout, but nothing for kids.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    That would be great! Maybe the game would also spawn some families with toddlers, too. :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi

LittleMsSam has a more visitors mod which includes being able to choose toddlers spawning on community lots. I haven't tried it myself yet but it's on my to do list :)

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175405428333/more-visitors-custom-lot-trait-this-lot-trait
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Yes please! It's like the don't even exist.