The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims do you usually play with in a home?

2...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    7-8: Nothing wrong with having a huge family?!
    I looooove big families. I split them up when I feel overwhelmed but always end up with a full house again 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    3-4: I mean got to have some family right?
    It differs. I really don't mind the size of my households. Right now, most of them range from one to five sims, but if it's more than that, I let them freerange more often.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    1-2: I like to keep my families small :)
    Three and above and the micromanager in me wails.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    1-2, I'm not into family gameplay, I like small households so I can focus on each sim. I never really play with more than 2 adults but occasionally I'll have toddlers aswell. Atm I'm really into big houses with tons of roommates so the house feels more alive even though I only control a couple sims.
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    3-4 because if I have more that 4 sims in a household my sims don't get out of their house, I don't know how to manage their individuals lives
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'll begin with a couple, add a baby, then when baby becomes an adult, marry them and start all over again.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    5-6: Whoa we are getting up there!
    Anywhere from 5-8, but 5-6 is most common. My Sims always have tons of kids. I just really really like seeing how the genetics pan out, so I need to have lots of kids. It makes life complicated though because then all those kids get married and have their own kids and then half the save is related 😅 so then I go to CAS and make some new families to mingle in and THEY have a bunch of kids...keeps life interesting lol
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I play with 3 to 5, and recently I kicked out my servo because she was getting too annoying, too much micromanagement (can't eat together and so on, have to do her own special stuff).
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    I play with 3 to 5, and recently I kicked out my servo because she was getting too annoying, too much micromanagement (can't eat together and so on, have to do her own special stuff).

Glad to know I'm not the only one who let go of servo. Didn't kick them out but I maybe kind of sorta let them destroy by not fixing them B)
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2020
    I used to just keep it to one child, now I’m learning it’s more fun with more kids, the interactions become more realistic and the parenting pack is put to use.

But I start with a single sim, and marry them to expand family.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Anywhere between 3-8 is normal for my game, but I’d say about 5 is average for me.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I usually start with just one Sim, but households end up being all different sizes in the end.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Anywhere from 5-8, but 5-6 is most common. My Sims always have tons of kids. I just really really like seeing how the genetics pan out, so I need to have lots of kids. It makes life complicated though because then all those kids get married and have their own kids and then half the save is related 😅 so then I go to CAS and make some new families to mingle in and THEY have a bunch of kids...keeps life interesting lol

I too love to see the different genetics being made overtime in my generations
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I usually start with 4-5 but it always balloons out to 8 eventually.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I usually like to have 1 or 2 pets though but I counted them in since they take up a space.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've never played with more than 6 in TS4. Any more than 4 becomes problematic. The Pause button is my best friend.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Only one. I don't have the patience to have two or more in a household. :)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I voted 3 - 4 however since sims 4 I am more often playing just 1 or 2 - it appears sims 4 is more about the single or couple sim, despite parenthood,
    I have played larger households, but then feel I dont have enough time with each to flesh out thier charater or skills.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Most of my playing households usually begins with a single lady or a single man or a couple.
    My unplayed households are from three to eight.
    Snap!

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I get bored with less than 8 sims :D

That's what my sister says...I think she's crazy, lol.

I can't handle more than 5-6 but that is a struggle. Nice little family with 1-2 kids is fine with me. :)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    luxsylvan wrote: »

I too love to see the different genetics being made overtime in my generations

Right?! It's so fun! I think TS4 is very well-suited to CAS, so a lot of what I've been doing lately has been genetics and CAS challenges. I just made a couple with 6 toddlers because they were all too cute and I couldn't bear to delete any of them 😭 it's going to be a stressful save to play haha
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    This is in ts3 but I play with mods that let me have more than eight sims in a household. So far the most i've played with at a time was 16.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I playing families, so always have a parents and kids and usually a dog.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member
    It varies, usually I go for 2, 3 or 4 sims. I recently played a single sim but usually they have some company in their household.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love playing as a single sim for a while - legacy starter home, maxing skills, trying new things in the game that I’ve never done. Usually with aging off until they meet a partner. Then I turn aging on and they have two or three kids. I’ve never played until my founder sims are elders.