Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't throw away trash or take clothes to washing machine with ladders

Hello!

I loved the new update, mainly because of ladders and the new inventory, but there's ont thing annoying me: My Sims can't take trash or clothes from the upper floor if I use ladders. I need them to put the trash or clothes in the inventory, climb down the ladders and then do the proper actions.
Was it meant to be like this?

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Hello!

I loved the new update, mainly because of ladders and the new inventory, but there's ont thing annoying me: My Sims can't take trash or clothes from the upper floor if I use ladders. I need them to put the trash or clothes in the inventory, climb down the ladders and then do the proper actions.
    Sims probably have to use two hands when climbing - but they should be able to make it so sims put the stuff in their inventories automatically. The sims do it all the time when they do other stuff. Maybe they just didn't have time - we could ask the gurus to see if they can update it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I ran into the same issue. And while it doesn't work with the current animations used for these actions, I agree that they should make it so Sims will temporarily put this stuff in their inventory while going up or down ladders. I mean, the inventory is bottomless, so a bit of additonal trash or laundry isn't going to break their backs you know.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Hello!

Sims probably have to use two hands when climbing - but they should be able to make it so sims put the stuff in their inventories automatically. The sims do it all the time when they do other stuff. Maybe they just didn't have time - we could ask the gurus to see if they can update it.

I asked Nick for some help, now I'm waiting his answer :smiley:
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I ran into the same issue. And while it doesn't work with the current animations used for these actions, I agree that they should make it so Sims will temporarily put this stuff in their inventory while going up or down ladders. I mean, the inventory is bottomless, so a bit of additonal trash or laundry isn't going to break their backs you know.

Yes, they can do it, as Sims usually do it when you interact with other Sims while eating or drinking.
    I haven't loaded the game yet, does it work if you manually put the items in the inventory?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Wow. I guess you have to have a second-floor laundry room now.
    I haven't loaded the game yet, does it work if you manually put the items in the inventory?

Yes, but I also need to climb down the ladders manually.

So if you don't put laundry or trash in the inventory, you can click on somewhere below and the sims will automatically use the ladder?
    Allons-y!

So if you don't put laundry or trash in the inventory, you can click on somewhere below and the sims will automatically use the ladder?

Yes

Yes
    Ah, okay, then they should be able to update it, we just need to make the gurus aware of it. @SimGuruNick
    Allons-y!

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    My Sims can't take things to the garbage and the plates are all lying out there available on the floor.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Well, it does make sense. It would be pretty cumbersome having to carry laundry/garbage down a ladder, haha.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Well, it does make sense. It would be pretty cumbersome having to carry laundry/garbage down a ladder, haha.

Yeah I was actually expecting this. How do you climb down a ladder carrying any of those things?😅😅😅
    I will just have to plan my builds around these limitations I guess.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    This does sound like it'll be a nuisance for builds with ladders. Hopefully they change it so that sims will just put anything that they would ordinarily carry in their hands into their inventory before using the ladder.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member

I agree with this. I think it makes sense that you can't.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I agree with this. I think it makes sense that you can't.

There are so many things in the game that don't make sense at all when you look at it from a realistic standpoint like this. But they do make sense as a game mechanism.
    And in my opinion the inability to carry certain objects up or down ladders is just odd if you look at, say, clothes automatically going into hampers or the super sell interaction on garden harvestables.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited June 2020
    I can see how it does make sense as far as realism goes. However, when my sim can already fit whole dinner plates, bicycles, tents, an entire garden's worth of harvestables, and much more in their inventory, I don't personally feel the need for realism to suddenly come into play at times where it's only going to be annoying. If sims can carry around a bicycle, they can automatically put their laundry in their inventory before using a ladder.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yeah, they can't carry toddlers or pets either.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    It would have been nice if they created a new animation, so sims can carry the toddlers down the ladder. Maybe like a piggy back ride.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Yeah I was actually expecting this. How do you climb down a ladder carrying any of those things?😅😅😅
    I will just have to plan my builds around these limitations I guess.

Honestly, it's like people being surprised that pets and toddlers can't use the ladders. How do you expect a toddler to be able to climb a ladder? I can barely climb them and I'm an adult!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Maybe they could put those in their inventory :D

@SimmerMars a piggy back would have been so cute!

But, yes, I can see the garbage/laundry thing will get super annoying.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    What I tend to do is that I only put a hamper in the laundry room, and I don't put it anywhere else, this way the dirty laundry will automatically go to the hamper right next the washing machine and sims won't have to carry it for long distances. I used to put hampers in bedrooms and bathrooms, but once I found out about this, I only put it in the laundry room.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    What I tend to do is that I only put a hamper in the laundry room, and I don't put it anywhere else, this way the dirty laundry will automatically go to the hamper right next the washing machine and sims won't have to carry it for long distances. I used to put hampers in bedrooms and bathrooms, but once I found out about this, I only put it in the laundry room.
    That’s a really good solution!! Thanks for sharing :).
    lexus20 wrote: »

OH SAME!! This has been the key to playing with laundry without frustration. I used to have laundry baskets in every bedroom of the house when the laundry room was downstairs and it was a mess. putting a couple of baskets in the laundry room changed everything and I'll never go back. haha
    @MDianaSims @hyrulerose You definitely make good points!
  • SimsgamerSimsgamer Posts: 1 New Member
    > @matheus_mar_1999 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I asked Nick for some help, now I'm waiting his answer :smiley:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes, they can do it, as Sims usually do it when you interact with other Sims while eating or drinking.

why can sims just do anything I mean, Sims has some glitches like the toilet going on fire (yes it happened) but they should do more updates to fix this crazy wildness i love the sims. I've been playing for many months or years my sims are happy and got some problems but hey, at least make the updates better