Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can EA do something about the crazy looking townies?

Hey guys,
I know this is asking for much but with all the cool stuff we are getting and all the crazy new outfits, makeup, accessories and so on the townies are starting to look real crazy.

Especially with the addition of MAC makeup which is a little eccentric, all my sims have that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like eyeliner under their eyes.

Do you think there would be a way for a modder or EA to program a way for the game to choose certain more normal outfits more often (with a higher probability) than the more eccentric ones?
Also maybe they could do something about the crazy accessorizing as well? Maybe set a limit of 1-2 accessories per random townie or just for every accessory on a townie a decreasing probability of adding another one?
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited June 2020
    There's two things that I've wished for a long time that they would do to fix this -

1. Have random townies' outfits be chosen from 'Styled Looks'
    2. Allow us to create and save our own 'Styled Looks' (so you can avoid seeing too many of the same outfit)

It's basically what I do already (minus the ability to make my own styled looks), every so often I go through the random townies and quickly put Styled Looks on them so they're wearing something normal lol.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I wish they would give us the ability to make our own saved outfits, then the game would pick the randomized sims clothes from those and the ones we have saved on the gallery.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    They can, but probably won't.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean I like the randomness of the outfits don't get me wrong but imagine if there was a higher chance if a normal eyeliner than a more eccentric one.
    Imagine if there was a higher chance of a sim wearing a dress in formal than a shirt and pants.
    Just to have a chance of more normal outfits with occasional crazy ones. Now it's so rare a townie is wearing nice clothes I sometimes sit and wonder: Did I make this Sim and forgot? 😆😆
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I saw a townie with bright green MAC eyeliner today...I pretty much face palmed :grimace:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I would love for the team to improve them but I am not sure if this is a case of the team not acknowledging that the generator is broken.

As for a mod that makes the game choose more normal outfits, that exists with the MC Command Center Module MC Dresser but it is not something that changes the game immediately, you have to add the outfits yourself or download a list that someone else has made. For now I am using NPC Control which reduces townie generation, and then I add sims from the gallery as unplayed sims.

I think the sims4 team should look into improving the townie generator though, I think it really hurts the overall look of the game.

• Options
    @logion yeah I agree that it hurts the overall look and also somehow the gameplay itself. I don't ever want to befriend any of the townies because they all look just crazy and not so represented by their fashion.

With the Sims 2 townies for example they made some look more goth, other look more girly, other plain and simple. You could really tell what their personality was and you wanted to be friends with them.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    For me, this is part of the reason MCCC is, by far, a mod that is a must-have. I have mine set to pull townies from my tray, exactly as the way they were created, and under no circumstance will they be occults. The problem is that the randomizer keeps selecting eye shadows that look like war paint from this new MAC Cosmetics collection.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I think the cleaner or dresser portion of the MCCC mod can actually help with that. I'm sure broken at the moment but it will not be long before it's fixed if it is.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    There's two things that I've wished for a long time that they would do to fix this -

2. Allow us to create and save our own 'Styled Looks' (so you can avoid seeing too many of the same outfit)

It's basically what I do already (minus the ability to make my own styled looks), every so often I go through the random townies and quickly put Styled Looks on them so they're wearing something normal lol.

^^THIS
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    What's the new makeup look like?? I keep hearing things but never seen it.
  • Options

Don't know but I can only imagine LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2020

OMG there is a thread and some is as horrible as I would have imagined.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976574/the-newly-added-mac-makeup-collection#latest
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love my wacky townies. <3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »

100 percent agree, why can't we create our own styled looks and have NPCs use them?

Also, it doesn't help that ever since city living, every single sim is Asian with an Asian name.

I want diversity in my town, you never find any other race generated it seems besides Asian.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I use the tray import feature on MCC if you set it for 100 percent it will randomize townies from your library.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Saw my first townie atrocity with the new eyeliner.
    And she looks so pleased with herself. :weary:

vbu89uZ.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options

@KaeChan2089 I can't tell you 'cause it keeps getting censored. Let's say it looks like the carrier of DNA a male releases that combined with an egg from a female gives you a baby. It starts with an S.
  • Options
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I use the tray import feature on MCC if you set it for 100 percent it will randomize townies from your library.

This is really good to know. Thanks @Colorist40
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Townies that don't know how to dress themselves are my Style Influence's paycheck. "Offer Makeover" is golden.

That said, I really wouldn't mind if the sheer OTT wackitude were turned down from Eleven to, say, Six. :)
  • Options
    HaleStorm87HaleStorm87 Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2020
    I finally decided to use MCCC and prevent townies from spawning. Instead I use the Import from Gallery option for other Simmers.

I also prevented random marriages (some how still get random kids, not sure what is going on there) and moving into empty houses.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2020
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Saw my first townie atrocity with the new eyeliner.
    And she looks so pleased with herself. :weary:

vbu89uZ.png

Townies have always been a mess, but now we are reaching a new level of disturbing. They have to improve how the game creates townies and their outfits if they want to add things like this.

• Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    One of the reasons I don't play the Sims 4 anymore. It's outrageous that they haven't fixed this yet.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!