Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patching with CC and Mods

So I use a bunch of CC and a few Mods too and I know updates likely will throw things out of line. But this is my first time updating while using CC and Mods so. I am not 100% sure about something. Do I take my Mod folder out right away until a fix is made or do I boot up the game and see how things are?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, pull your mods folder, and put it somewhere else, I place mine on my desktop. When you start your game, it will create a new mods folder. From what I am reading from others, start a new game save because of crashing issues. They said EA is aware of the issue. Before adding any mods and CC back, they will need to be updated by the creator of those mods and cc.
  • Options
    Merricat94Merricat94 Posts: 46 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Yes, pull your mods folder, and put it somewhere else, I place mine on my desktop. When you start your game, it will create a new mods folder. From what I am reading from others, start a new game save because of crashing issues. They said EA is aware of the issue. Before adding any mods and CC back, they will need to be updated by the creator of those mods and cc.

Thank you, this is super helpful! Updating now! Oh wow, didn't know each piece of cc would need updating, I thought a general fix could be downloaded to sort out most of the damage! Good to know!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    CC will usually not need updates after patches. I doubt you'll have to anyway. Do check for updates to any mods you use, though. Script mods are very prone to breaking after patches and new packs.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    CC will usually not need updates after patches. I doubt you'll have to anyway. Do check for updates to any mods you use, though. Script mods are very prone to breaking after patches and new packs.

Correct. Your CC should be fine to put back in but wait on the mods. Mods usually always break so you want to take them out. You should also make a back up your folders for in case the update corrupts current save files.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    niamhxaniamhxa Posts: 2 New Member
    hi - also my first update when using mods and cc! I've removed all script mods but my UI is now aesthetically corrupted with the new update - any advice on how to fix this? :)x
  • Options
    @niamhxa Have you tried running a vanilla game to if the problem is still there?

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    niamhxaniamhxa Posts: 2 New Member
    > @PsychoSimXX said:
    > @niamhxa Have you tried running a vanilla game to if the problem is still there?
    hi! yes i did do this, and there was no issue in the vanilla game so I'm confident it's the CC! Might have to slowly re-add my CC to whittle down the problem, only solution I can think of at the moment x
  • Options
    @niamhxa That is all you can do. The more organized your mods folder is the easier and quicker it is to find the problem.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    By the way, if you're using default eyes, the chances are they're broken (won't show up in game)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Something to keep in mind:

Whenever you change your mods folder, whether you add or remove mods or CC, even one single item, you need to delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder. This file can get easily corrupted if you change your mods folder and glitch your game. When you next load up your game, a new file will automatically be generated. You'll have to delete it each time you make a change to that folder.

I make a habit to delete this file before starting my game every time I play because I'm always looking for more CC or sorting through and cleaning out my content. It really helps prevent glitches and odd problems.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Anyone else having issues with default eye replacements ...
    I keep deleting and reinstalling various eyes and they will not appear in game. But only in cas
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with default eye replacements ...
    I keep deleting and reinstalling various eyes and they will not appear in game. But only in cas

There are several others who have also mentioned this.