Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the newly added mac makeup collection

a collab with a non-cruelty-free company for a patch released days before the dlc promoting a ECO LIFESTYLE doesn't sit right with me.

also, yet again the makeup does not suit masculine sims nor sims with darker skin tones.

Comments

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited June 2020
    One of the eyeshadows was fine (the neutral one). I understand that the random inner corner splotch is the way it is on purpose but the other two could've been so much better if they spent time blending the colors better. They just look a little awkward with the harsh lines.

Don't even let me get started on those eyeliners. Looks like the sims weren't able to get their liners to match on the first try so they just kept on drawing until they ended up with those gigantic liners. Wish they would've at least given them some texture.

The lipstick basic lipstick was ok. Not a big fan of the two-color lipstick. Not a huge fan of the gloss either, the upper lip's texture looked a little weird and didn't like the last lipstick either, wasn't able to find any skin tone that it would've looked good on.

The blushes are definitely a lot better than the ones we already had BUT it looked almost invisible with darker skin tones which is really annoying because the makeup in S4 never looks good on dark skin tones...

Also, isn't mac one of those brands that literally no-one uses anymore :'D I've never owned a single mac product because I always thought it was too overpriced compared to the quality of the products I had seen.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Atleast some of the makeup fits with the "I live in a trash heap and don't have a mirror to do my makeup" vibe
    Rofl I almost spat my coke out at that.

I've never heard of MAC (other than a big Mac lol) but I guess I'm classed as old now since I'm over 40.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Atleast some of the makeup fits with the "I live in a trash heap and don't have a mirror to do my makeup" vibe

LOLOLOL
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I really like the lipsticks, the blush is nice, and I missed they eyeshadow. The eyeliner is, uh....well, it definitely lines the eyes.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Doesn't MAC kind of brag that their focus is darker skin tones? At least it used to be. It probably is a matter of taste though.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    Some of it is actually quite nice. The two tone lipstick (if thats what you call it) is quite pretty, and a couple of the highlighted eyeshadows are pretty too.

The eyeliners are just :lol: Naaah not my type.

I can't really complain about free stuff. :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Some of it is actually quite nice. The two tone lipstick (if thats what you call it) is quite pretty, and a couple of the highlighted eyeshadows are pretty too.

The eyeliners are just :lol: Naaah not my type.

I can't really complain about free stuff. :blush:

That's pretty much how I see it. I mean, I have no issue if others have complaints and I am certainly not loving most of it for my Sims, but I always look at every swatch of every single item and I will find things that I can use. And them I'm like "Yay, free stuff!". :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Looks like my aliens got some new make up. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I feel like about half of it is stuff I'd use regularly in my game. The rest will just be classed along the massive amount of make-up my Sims never use.
    I'm happy to have more blush options though, I've been using the same three swatches of the basegame one on my make-up wearing Sims for too long.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Oh right! I Hadn't even noticed. Can't unsee it now :lol:
    Not going say what this looks like.

czY6mmP.jpg

• Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

czY6mmP.jpg

*gigglesnort*
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I think that's supposed to be a eyeliner with a gem. It looks unfortunate though. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited June 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »

czY6mmP.jpg

Well then. Hahaha. Under what circumstance might one want their makeup to look like that? I mean, what look are they going for here?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

czY6mmP.jpg

Well then. Hahaha. Under what circumstance might one want their makeup to look like that? I mean, what look are they going for here?

Making a Goddess of fertility. Or a party host that would require mods we do not speak of here.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    As a big time makeup enthusiast I was super excited to see this. I mean, I feel like there are other companies that would have fit the vibe of the sims better.. like.. colourpop but this is ok. Some of the looks are more intended for modeling campaigns or festival type looks and LOL they never really seem to go over great with the general audience. I am a little disappointed we don't have some more sultry smokey eye looks or some of the great cut creases that you see out there with multiple shades. It would really be nice if they created their own version of lashes too.

Besides that I'm really loving the new lip and face items.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    As a big time makeup enthusiast I was super excited to see this. I mean, I feel like there are other companies that would have fit the vibe of the sims better.. like.. colourpop but this is ok. Some of the looks are more intended for modeling campaigns or festival type looks and LOL they never really seem to go over great with the general audience. I am a little disappointed we don't have some more sultry smokey eye looks or some of the great cut creases that you see out there with multiple shades. It would really be nice if they created their own version of lashes too.

Besides that I'm really loving the new lip and face items.

Same here, when I saw 'MAC collab' in the patch notes, I got super excited about the potential eye looks, and then... lol. But I do like the lipticks (I'm actually kind of digging the two-tone one), more neutral eyeshadows, and blush that was added. Both of the eyeliners are ones that I'll never use though.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    "MAC is not a vegan company. They do, however, have a number of cosmetics that are vegan. MAC also supports the environment, offering a recycling program called Back 2 MAC, and has a large humanitarian effort in the fight against HIV/AIDs.... The most common ingredients that MAC uses that are non-vegan include lanolin, beeswax, and carmine. Unfortunately, the popular MAC eye kohl is made with beeswax, although some colors are carmine-free. However, many colors of their eye makeup and several other products do not contain carmine or other animal byproducts.... For MAC makeup lovers, there are several other companies whose products may be comparable in quality and color selection (and are also vegan). These include:
    Urban Decay: A cruelty-free cosmetic company with a certified vegan product list.
    Vegan Essentials: Vegan Essentials offers several vegan makeup products, including foundation, blush, mascara, and lipstick.
    Origins: An organic company, they offer a variety of vegan makeup products. (Contact customer service for a full list).
    Ecco Bella: Along with a full range of beauty and skincare products, Ecco Bella offers organic vegan makeup.
    Sevi Cosmetics: Earth and vegan-friendly beauty care."

https://makeup.lovetoknow.com/MAC_Cosmetics_Vegan

Back to talking about The Sims: I love that neutral makeup on that male Sim!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well this doesn't look good on MAC's side 'cause being represented with this kind of makeup in the game... Yeah I wouldn't buy that in real life either.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    Despite the fact I don't really use that much makeup on my female Sims (only in the party and formal outfit categories), it's not too bad. Some of it looks as good as CC makeup, a lot of it looks like clown makeup, or maybe something theatric. There was a paper white eye shadow; and when the first thing I saw was (since I use no CAS CC) it on a Sim; my first resonse was "OK, did a pair of eyelashes break or something in the code". And for some reason, when my game does randomize Sim clothing and makeup; it is always choosing the MAC Cosmetics makeup. So it seems it's going really heavy on promoting this. I am not really crazy about real-life brands in the game; albeit, EA/Maxis has been partnering with a ton of companies to get certain themed packs and add-ons in the game over the history of the entire franchise.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

czY6mmP.jpg
    I just tried these new makeup items and this eyeliner is supposed to go with one of the eyeshadows, so you have the same colour both over the and under the eye. That's why it looks like that. Just letting you guys know. It looks nice together actually.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I haven’t tried these yet in my game, but all of my cc makeup is very dramatic, so I will probably love this. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: