Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update (06-03-20) Now Game Crashes

Please help! I downloaded the new update for 06-03-20 (today) and now the game loads and I click the familly I've been playing and then the game crashes!!!! Is anyone else having the same issue? What can I do to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Is your origin up to date?
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    defbelle87defbelle87 Posts: 86 Member
    I'm having the same issue. Yes my Origin is UP TO DATE. I've repaired my game TWICE, restarted my computer, TOOK OUT ALL MODS. And it still crashes after I select a family to load in.
    Origin ID: Defbelle87
    Feel free to check out my creations in the Gallery, also follow me if you wish.
  • Options
    Crazy4me000Crazy4me000 Posts: 188 Member
    My origin is up to date and i have no mods installed.
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    That seems to be a common problem with the new update, look:

What a pity. :(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Try completely removing your mods folder, putting it aside, and deleting the localthumbcache file. Then do a game repair in Origin. Try loading up the game and see if your save works. If it does, exit without saving, put your mods folder back into the game (there will be a new mods folder, just swap it out or put your CC into the new one.) Make sure you don't put any mods back into the folder until they have been updated by the creator. Then try out the game again.

I hope this helps. I have not tried loading the game yet myself.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    defbelle87defbelle87 Posts: 86 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Try completely removing your mods folder, putting it aside, and deleting the localthumbcache file. Then do a game repair in Origin. Try loading up the game and see if your save works. If it does, exit without saving, put your mods folder back into the game (there will be a new mods folder, just swap it out or put your CC into the new one.) Make sure you don't put any mods back into the folder until they have been updated by the creator. Then try out the game again.

I hope this helps. I have not tried loading the game yet myself.

I've done that TWICE!! Still crashes when I selected a previous save to play. I have NO MODS IN THE GAME. However I select NEW GAME and it worked. Still I would love to open a previous save as well.
    Origin ID: Defbelle87
    Feel free to check out my creations in the Gallery, also follow me if you wish.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2020
    Please help! I downloaded the new update for 06-03-20 (today) and now the game loads and I click the familly I've been playing and then the game crashes!!!! Is anyone else having the same issue? What can I do to fix it?

I haven't updated yet, but I have a suggestion. Try making a new sim in a new home and playing it for a few minutes. Save your game, then try going back to the previous family. I had a similar problem and doing this solved it.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I have no mods, no CC and never have. I have 14 saves and I can't get into a single one of them. They ALL crash and they even close origin. I'd say this is a them problem. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Referring those with game crashing to @Nindl's post a couple of posts up. EA are aware. Only play in brand new saves until we get a hotfix.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm aware that EA is aware of the issue.

For the sake of trying to help pin it down, I also ran into this issue when I tried to go into my No Mods save - a save I only open when I have no mods installed and I'm waiting for patch updates. Crashed when trying to load the save.

I have created a new save for now.
  • Options
    Crazy4me000Crazy4me000 Posts: 188 Member
    @Arzekial I tried exactly what you said, unfortunately, it didn't work but thank you for the suggestion! Hopefully EA will be fixing this issue very soon.
  • Options
    Simmy2000Simmy2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm sorry, now that I can get a SimGuru's attention as I can't find how to start a discussion on the forums. I have Mods and after I updated the game and moved my mods folder back in, I accidentally REPLACED my resource.cfg from today with my old resouce.cfg from 2014. I can't undo it and idk if it will affect my game. What do I do? Again I apologize for bombarding on a different subject.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @Crazy4me000 have you tried repairing the game in origin? Sometimes it can help.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I noticed it was Love Day but my sim did not get the "Ask On Date" interaction so couldn't take his wife out.

Also a bizarre fire began, well, a long flame appeared, floating in air, no sims reacted to it. Weird.
  • Options
    I'm getting a weird bug too - at least I'm assuming it's a bug and not just me not understanding the new off-the-grid functionality. Plopped a Sim into one of the teeny homes in Windenburg (this a new save just now) and whenever she uses the phone on the lot, she gets an angry moodlet to the effect that she can't get a good reception on an off-the-grid lot... Huh?
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Is she is techno phobe?
    I'm getting a weird bug too - at least I'm assuming it's a bug and not just me not understanding the new off-the-grid functionality. Plopped a Sim into one of the teeny homes in Windenburg (this a new save just now) and whenever she uses the phone on the lot, she gets an angry moodlet to the effect that she can't get a good reception on an off-the-grid lot... Huh?

• Options
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Is she is techno phobe?

No, she's not a technophobe. Is that a new trait? I don't recall that in TS4.
  • Options
    FLdreamerFLdreamer Posts: 1 New Member
    Same issue here. All saved games appear to load for a few seconds and then crash to desktop. I have all packs. Totally vanilla game meaning no mods, no CC. Origin is up to date. Repaired game and it didn't help. I can start and play a new game just fine. All saved games crash. This laptop is less than one year old, has good specs and runs all other games perfectly. Frustrated! EA, please look into this.

Laptop Specs:

Omen by HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop
    Processor: 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz
    Video graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
    Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM
    Hard drive and solid-state drive: 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive + 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
    Display: 17.3-inch diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
    Operating system: Windows 10 Home
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member

I think it's meant to be. Not sure how it's supposed to work but here is what the team wrote in the patch notes:

Off-the-Grid specific buffs will now take into account motives and Sim traits when determining if a Sim should receive a positive or negative moodlet when living Off-the-Grid.
  • Options

I think it's meant to be. Not sure how it's supposed to work but here is what the team wrote in the patch notes:

Off-the-Grid specific buffs will now take into account motives and Sim traits when determining if a Sim should receive a positive or negative moodlet when living Off-the-Grid.

But she's not in an off-the-grid lot?
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    @loubyloulou I noticed that as well! I figured it was just a new moodlet and it disappeared pretty quickly
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    no mods game file and this happens...
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Simmy2000 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, now that I can get a SimGuru's attention as I can't find how to start a discussion on the forums. I have Mods and after I updated the game and moved my mods folder back in, I accidentally REPLACED my resource.cfg from today with my old resouce.cfg from 2014. I can't undo it and idk if it will affect my game. What do I do? Again I apologize for bombarding on a different subject.

@Simmy2000 Are you talking about the file that comes in the Mods folder? All you have to do to generate a new one is to remove your Mods folder again and start up the game. The game will automatically regenerate a new folder. Then close the game and put your mods and cc into that folder or swap the files when you swap the folders.

Hope that makes sense!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Simmy2000Simmy2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @Simmy2000 Are you talking about the file that comes in the Mods folder? All you have to do to generate a new one is to remove your Mods folder again and start up the game. The game will automatically regenerate a new folder. Then close the game and put your mods and cc into that folder or swap the files when you swap the folders.
    >
    > Hope that makes sense!

I got it to work! I really appreciate you! <3
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Going into my game, after updating some buildings with the new tools I went to play, and it seems the game has been rolled back. It could be a lot worse (so far) but I can tell because my guys had changed jobs and made a couple of promotions and now they're back to their old jobs.

I can totally live with that but I thought it was important to say that as somebody who never uses mods, I think I saw this a few times.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.