Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks for the New patch. Well worth the wait.

Comments

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'll finally be able to delete my 2-tile version of doors and windows CC now that we can freely place them! They cluttered the catalog so much, but now I don't need them anymore! :smiley:
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Okay this is kinda cool. I really love this patch. :smiley:

That scabby, dirty wallpaper from City Living now has an Environment Loss trait.

MA0Dsk6.png

High water resistance? What does that mean?

WGlMvjq.png

Yey for wonky windows!

jejFGMG.png
    giphy.gif
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I think it means less puddles, because it makes sense for carpet to absorb water.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have a problem when I go to build mode I can't access the household money. They have 20k, but can't afford anything.
    Cyep9sd.png

Edit: okay the game lists that lot as generic for some reason although they're living there. It's also listed as their business lot. I'll see if I can fix that somehow.

Edit2: Sold the business, entered the lot from world map to change the type from generic to residential and magically they were back living there.
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    Are we able to sort out the household inventory with the new update? I know that we can organise the sims inventory so wondering it it works with the households too? I have a lot of self-spawning seed packs that need to be deleted(among other things)!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love it! I got an idea from Tiny House Nation for a build, but it needed ladders, so I'm working on it right now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    All this patch does is cause my game to crash. Love the mac makeup but I can't load any of my save files.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Tiny living pack is 10 times better now with ladders Immmm soooooo happy with this patch ..they even fixed the acting gigs which I play a lot so so happy
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    Tiny living pack is 10 times better now with ladders Immmm soooooo happy with this patch ..they even fixed the acting gigs which I play a lot so so happy

And to think we got all these cool things for free! Thanks basegame update!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Loving this patch! EA, seriously, why can't they ALL be like this one?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »

And to think we got all these cool things for free! Thanks basegame update!

I know! It kind of feels like a free game pack! <3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I want to play with the new patch so bad but I‘m scared of the save breaking bug.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Can you backup your saves?

I've been playing on the same save from a few years ago now and it's fine for me. Console .
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited June 2020
    Best patch ever... all my savegames make TS4 crash :D

[CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash
    60 people had this problem.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Best patch ever... all the savegames make TS4 crash :D

[CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash
    49 people had this problem.

Not mine. Just a flicker on one then was able to continue playing. My main save was fine so for me it is the best patch ever. Hopefully they can fix the others quickly.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Well done you guys, seriously. Lots of great stuff here.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I want to play with the new patch so bad but I‘m scared of the save breaking bug.

@dearie_blossom Just backup your saves, and you'll be fine.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    Okay this is kinda cool. I really love this patch. :smiley:

That scabby, dirty wallpaper from City Living now has an Environment Loss trait.

MA0Dsk6.png

WGlMvjq.png

Yey for wonky windows!

jejFGMG.png
    I know that eco footprint green/industrial is for the new system in EL,but what does“environmental loss/gain” mean?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    matylourie wrote: »
    Is anyone's game no longer loading after this update? I have cc and mods turned off, and still can't get in.

Did you remove the mod folder or just turn off?

Doesn't matter, I have no mods and no CC and never have. I'm having the same problem. Repairing the game didn't help. Looks like we are waiting on another patch for some of us... *eyeroll*

Starting a new game works just fine though.

EA are aware of this random crashing issue. It's not mod-related. Playing in a new save is safest for now.

I've added all of my "me too"'s at the bug reports. I've not got the heart to start new. I literally just spent the last 2 weeks building a save for EL and it took upwards of 16 hours. I did quickly jump in to see some of the new things, but I won't be actually playing anything until this is fixed. I also most certainly won't be purchasing EL at launch like I'd planned either unless they're that quick with the fix.

It's a shame too because my excitement for this was through the roof. I've really got to learn to NOT get excited about these things since they seem to always go wrong for me! :/ the packs and patches I'm not looking forward to are fine! Sorry for the jinx anyone who's affected! :D

I'm having no problems so far saving but I've never installed mods or cc or used moo and don't use others' builds from the Gallery. I'm using an old Save which I made ready for the eco lifestyle too. Do you have a Mac?

There was an Origin update just before the Patch downloaded and maybe that needs a repair checkup.

I'm on PC and origin, and windows are up to date. Graphics card is up to date. I repaired everything. Nothing. I hit play and crash. New saves work just fine but I can't access anything I've played before the patch.

I took my saves out and added them back in. You can back it up all you want but it doesn't do any good if you can't hit play without the game closing.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yeah, it is! Im totally loving the inventory overhaul.

Although, I wasnt happy with how quickly the fire dept answered Bob's call when Eliza was on fire 😈

Haha. Yeah, but this really needed to be added. I've had house fires that would not go out and were going on for many in-game hours. I'd have to reload from a last save.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    This patch looks awesome! But I don't want to break my game :D
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    idkidk wrote: »
    I know that eco footprint green/industrial is for the new system in EL,but what does“environmental loss/gain” mean?

I think its something to do with how much of an environment buff your sim gets out of the wallpaper. I haven't tested this yet, though.
    giphy.gif
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I was able to get into my save I was playing before patch, I took my CC and Mods and deleted them on Monday, I'm not sure why some are having this issue and others aren't, but hope it fixes for you