Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion would You vote for next if these were the options 2020

SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
I read the August 2015 expansion pack survey that was published which featured great ideas for expansions to vote on (the first 7 in this list are from that) and the popular comments and trends people want as the next 3 and I thought it would be fun to see what expansion would get the most votes now if the following 10 were the options. Happy simming <3
Post edited by SeanBobbyG on

What expansion would You vote for next if these were the options 2020 274 votes

On The Road (cars and vehicles gameplay)
4%
CK213AngelwishelemmeleDarkLady2788ChadSims2bizuktagAinelogionDianesimsRhain420KnightofthehedgeSeanBobbyG 12 votes
Get Real (3 different reality shows gameplay)
0%
superkyle221BK747 2 votes
Find Love (enhanced dating and weddings)
10%
Frn0731Omri147SnuffyBucketstilljustme2ejiofor1995ChampandGirlieFLaurieAPottsSigzy05goldann25AquaGamer1212musteniDominicLaurenceAbraKadabraj1z1pinneduphairEvilyn_1007ladynightRuevera0882LordOfTendons 28 votes
Vacation (adding winter world gameplay)
5%
CorkysPetalsLaniNeptuneAncientMuseOnverserElectraRaiWintermist_SWEEnkiSchmidtNeiajoRN1414SimmerGeorgeKimmerAvis_pixieKruegerElizaG2016SthenastiaxDKxShadowHawk 16 votes
Power up (adding superheroes)
2%
imhappymitchiebanjoTheGreatGorlonEvaliyn[Deleted User]erimurpheypink_coco10Cassieb95 8 votes
Rebuild (adding apocalypse, rebuild and survival gameplay)
4%
SimpatsyannAlrynnPaigeisin5Moon_WillowBabykittyjadeLissyK9iVySimGirlIvyeyedtexxx78JackOnYourBackAlanSimsRedShoe7TTNsimmer 13 votes
Generations ( adding more gameplay especially for babies and elders)
30%
Akl500PcrocobauraKita5399Icewolfalexspoom13IceyJaprilroseCabelle1863love7680Mi9shaoscarmcruddasimbsimelanorbretonhaneulmildredalienjimbbqJestTruHeyYoDiscoNickkemoweryKaeChan2089 84 votes
Supernatural (adding werewolves, fairies and more occults)
12%
JeanMartinvCamkatStrangerthanliliaethcmbaker16WolfNateFelicity1169annaliese39verfensjennihopeLoves2draw1812SimsLovinLycanMrWilsonWImSandsLiELFSheepilingJustinOEII1001puderosasims 35 votes
Into the past/future (time travel pack with medieval world)
7%
mikepapaycikColorist40irishdragon7Mariefoxprice83shygirlloubylouloutaydevNoTalentTeeSeaDaraviMaggieMarleyryttu3kxHeliodoraSERVERFRA_000keymrs_julesroyyosafatIsharellBastetLivi5500k 20 votes
Country Living (adding farming gameplay)
20%
Erja888alan650111storyyDarbiiRueAiichiAshida382JueJueIsb917candy8IrdiwenAnmirlasimgirl1010freindlylolcchant86AndiratymeKennziKaigeMelissaNicole04Lustianiciapajamajam07jazminesarahdavina1221 56 votes

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It would have to be into the past only because I'm not interested in futuristic gameplay. I eventually caved and bought ITF for Sims 3 and wished I hadn't.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I would like cars, love, vacations, generations, fairies and country living.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2020
    I voted for love and romance but generations is equally as attractive. I would like something bigger than love/ romance that adds all sorts of ceremonies eg. funerals, coming of age, proms and other events that mark major life stages - perhaps these things should be part of a generations pack but there is so much extra I would want from the generations pack.

I like Occults but I feel they are more game pack then expansion pack level.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    1. Finding love
    2. Generations (but I don’t really care about elders or babies. I want more kid and teen specific things)
    3. Vacations( but only if they included the ability to rent lots in any world)
    4. Country living
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    It was hard to choose. I want cars and farming, but baby/elder gameplay is non-existent.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I just want more international worlds so vacations, I'd happily buy a "World Adventures" type pack. More international worlds is the main thing I want at this point, I'm bored of the samey worlds but also I'd like an option to make them residential as well
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Really hard for me to pick between cars and generation gameplay. I need both in the game.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I wanted to say rebuild so badly, but I am a medieval fanboy and the thought of that era excites me far too much! Archery, sword fighting, the build objects. THE BUILD OBJECTS.

I need to sit down.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Rebuild (adding apocalypse, rebuild and survival gameplay)
    I want to rebuild broken down things after the apocalypse! Hide from and fight zombies! Rescue survivors and survive myself! 😭😭😭😭😭😭give it to me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Generations
    Supernatural
    On the road.

My gameplay style is mostly real life stuff with some super natural bits thrown into the mix for funsies and variety. I would love carpools and cars but I think more family play is needed before cars tbh.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited June 2020
    My second and third choices would be Into the past and Generations.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Either Generations or Find Love. More realistic gameplay is where it's at for me.
  • Options
    armcd73armcd73 Posts: 6 New Member
    I would’ve chosen the cars, but I think that would take forever for them to manage because one of the biggest issues is the load screen between lots. For vehicles, they would need to change it to where there’s only a load screen between worlds and you can traverse the world you’re in without the lot focus requiring a load screen. This is a big issue that I’ve noticed lots of people want changed, and I think that until they do something about the load screen between lots, they aren’t going to make a cars and vehicles pack. The Supernatural one seems really cool, as well as Rebuild, but we’ve been asking for more baby gameplay for forever. Then again, I think that it would only require a game pack instead of expansion to do that. It’d still be nice to have.
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Congrats on this very difficult poll!

I was torn for a second between country living/future/supernatural/generations, as they're all things I desperately want, but tbh, everybody except ya/a needs content & gameplay like yesterday. I think generations has the potential to make other expansions better too, if they treat it like ts3 or eco-lifestyle and develop for cross-pack compatibility.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I personally would love to see Weddings get an overhaul. More build/Buy, better CAS items. A way to make sure sims stay seated when they’re supposed to, etc. And adding a honeymoon feature to vacations would be nice, maybe adding in hotels could work with that pack.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Each in order of preference and why.

1 supernatural- I love the wacky and I love occults in the sims. Real life boring, give me fantasy.

2 Generations- play outside of young adult/adult is lacking. Babies are objects, toddlers lack diversified game play, children need something more, teens play like adults but their main job (high school) doesn't pay and need something all there own, and elders play exactly like adults, retirement should be a thing.

3 Into the past/future- medieval castle stuff built/buy would make me so happy, and again I love the wacky.

4 Power Up- I like superheroes, I am like wacky, I just question gameplay.

5. Find Love- Cool if they add more consequences for things like cheating. That is needed.

6 Rebuild- Cool concept but how would you add it without ruining regular gameplay? Still if it came out I would buy it.

7 Country Living- love me some cows and chickens. But I prefer the fantasy gameplay or the fix to the lacking gameplay of base game the packs above offer.

8 Vacation- now we are getting into things I have little interest in. We have two vacation world already and we have winter. Not that interested.

9 On the Road- What is the point? We don't have an open world. The worlds roads aren't designed to have cars as a useful transportation system to get collectables or anything. I just don't see the point, except as decorative objects. That can be had with cheats and could be added with any pack or as a base game patch without.

10 Get Real- please for all that is good and holy keep reality TV away from the game. The only pack listed I would 100% avoid buying. Yeah I don't see the point of cars, and I hardly use the vacation worlds already in the game already, but at least the thought of these packs don't make me cringe. Less then zero interest in this one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    So hard to choose between a supernaturals (main interest werewolves) pack and a time travel pack (both the medieval and future times would be great).

But generations or new travel destinations would be nice too, after werewolves and time travel.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Also going to list by preference!

1. Into the past/future (time travel pack with medieval world)
    Future, specifically. I would seriously love a pack set on Sixam!

2. Supernatural (adding werewolves, fairies and more occults)
    Long needed! I really miss fairies, seriously.

3. Rebuild (adding apocalypse, rebuild and survival gameplay)
    Sounds intriguing, really!

4. Vacation (adding winter world gameplay)
    Especially if they include hotel/resort management, or vacation lots in other locations.

5. Power up (adding superheroes)
    Could be fun!

6. Find Love (enhanced dating and weddings)
    If they include poly relationships and better orientation things, I'd be game for this.

7. Generations ( adding more gameplay especially for babies and elders)
    Yeah, I guess. Probably be useful.

8. Country Living (adding farming gameplay)
    Only if there's an option to liberate farm animals and save them from becoming dinner.

9. Get Real (3 different reality shows gameplay)
    Not at all interested.

10. On The Road (cars and vehicles gameplay)
    ...and go where? Seriously, endless car travel was one of the most boring parts of TS3!
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Power up (adding superheroes)
    This is a vote for an Expansion Pack, correct? A LOT of these options I don't think would add enough content to properly make an EP, and are more fitting for a GP. Wedding/Dating, Generations, Cars, Farming, Vacations, new Supernatural states, all of these are GPs, not EPs.

Superheroes, Post Apocalypse, Gameshows, and Time Travel are all pretty worthy of full EPs considering the scope of content that could be added to revolutionize gameplay. To an extent, I'd even argue that elements from a Post Apocalypse has already been used to create Eco Living.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I love cars and it really bugs me that my sims don't have cars in my game play.
    A decorative car with no game-play is not an option for me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2020
    We should not have to pay for cars, since they are a base game feature.

Instead of a purely romantic GP, I'd like a general Relationships GP that fleshes out ALL relationships to make them more meaningful - friendships, enemies, family ties etc. It would be great to add in one-sided relationships, a chemistry system (determines how sims get along in general, not just romantic) and a turn on/off system (romantic). Ways to sabotage other sims' relationships and lives should be added as well (spreading rumours, talking smack, giving bad advice, manipulation etc) and the gossip mechanic from TS3 would be amazing.

But above all, life stages should be fleshed out and family play made more interesting via a Generations-like pack. I think a lot of the boringness from family gameplay is bc of the boringness of children and teens (nothing to do and could use a lot fleshing out in general).

For children: more playground objects (that teens can interact with too), more play interactions that aren't tied to objects (tag, make believe etc), games like hopscotch and jumping rope etc. Board games that the card/DWTL tables can be switched to and the whole family can enjoy. Play bake ovens and the ability to "help out" with cooking/baking under adult supervision. Functional piggy banks, small stands to sell anything they made or found, not just lemonade (but definitely including!).

An update to school to include field trips, extracurricular activities (sports, ballet, debate etc) that interact more with the actual school instead of being a mini career, participation trophies, studying for tests etc.

Teens get more angst, interactions, mood swings, acne from low hygiene instead of it just being aesthetic, obessive phases (crushes on sims, celebrities and fictional characters), PROM, rebellious activities, existential crises, more visual differences from young adults etc.
    Pranks, prank calls, slumber parties.

Toddlers are great, and I hope they get some extra stuff to do to make them even better (tea parties with toys, TS3-sized teddies etc).

For elders, I hope they go all-out, since they have been largely ignored in general in the sims. Stereotypical elder activities (not limited to elders but there if you want it, ex. knitting, bingo, scrapbook making etc), canes, reminiscing with others, on photos, on their own etc. Special "grandma/grandpa's cookies", special advantages and features to mentoring others, pension, special cranky elder interactions like scolding youngsters, ranting about good old days, chasing sims off their lawn etc. Also, some sims might get an existential crisis in their elderly years about having regrets, while others might get a satisfied buff about not having regrets.

Babies are freed and have more interactions, stations, toys etc. More cradles and bassinets, toys that can be slotted into them, and ability to change their outfit (even if it is limited to picking the colour of their onesies and diapers). Vomiting.

Adults get more gameplay like mid-life crises, enhanced work performance from experience, balanced with slower progress in learning new skills completely from scratch etc. Stressing about new wrinkles and checking them out in the mirror, enjoying partying etc less (except if having certain traits or a mid-life crises), back pain, ability to put away a nest egg for when they're an elder (ex. hiding money under the bed or "opening a nest egg account" via their cell phone/computer).

More family identities: cousins, nephews/nieces, step brothers/sisters/parents etc. and the ability to set these relationships in CAS.

And: better mourning!!! Funeral home lot that functions as both a cemetery and a destination for funeral "parties." Proper funerals with speeches, eating appropriate foods, discussing sims and their lives, mourning (or celebrating if a sim had a bad relationship with the deceased) etc.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I cant really choose one, so Im going with my favorites from the list in no particular order.

Supernatural EP: Im always gonna support more fleshed out occult life states.

Finding Love: Weddings need some work. And I'd really really really REALLY love it if guests actually sat down before the vows begin. By the time vows are said, guests are either just getting to their chairs or are just crowding the bartender. I'd love if there were wedding parties (bridesmaids, best man, flower girl etc etc etc) as well as bachelor/bachelorette parties! More wedding dresses would be loved, plus veils! How can you have a bride without her veil? Come on now. And can't forget about the honeymoon, which leads me to my next point.

Vacation: I think its time we had another vacation world. With HOTELS we can build! Ive got hotel and motel ideas just sitting around waiting to be used! Plus, I still say Sulani would've been a perfect vacation world and would love to drop some fancy hotels there.

Rebuild: It would depend on the concept, but I'd be all for it if it came with BB that was really grimy and busted and broken. Maybe its because Ive been building alot of dilapidated lots lately.
  • Options
    emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    I picked Vacation, but I also want find love, rebuild, country living and into the past (but not the future).
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Woo, this was a difficult decision! I finally made my decision based on the thought of the hilarity of Sims flying down a mountain and hitting a snowbank! LOL. Don't judge, one of my favorite features right now if the slip and fall mud puddles from Seasons.

That being said... Rebuild would be AWESOME.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That was a difficult choice, as I would like them all - except the superheroes one.