March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Packs going 50% off!

Not sure if that many people have noticed but over the last few days game packs have been going 50% off, which is the cheapest they've been in a long time so you can now get them for cheaper than stuff packs! Dine Out and Parenthood were 50% off the other day and now Outdoor Retreat is 50% off so if anyone wants to buy them now would be a good time, usually game packs are only 25% off so they probably won't be this cheap again for a while! :)

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    That’s nice. I have all the packs except for some stuff packs when are those going on 50% sales! :)
  • armcd73armcd73 Posts: 6 New Member
    I noticed that about Outdoor Retreat yesterday. Is Outdoor Retreat a good buy? What is it exactly other than camping?
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I picked up Jungle Adventures! I was hoping the stuff packs would go on sale, too...I'm mildly tempted by a few, but not $10 each tempted.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    armcd73 wrote: »
    I noticed that about Outdoor Retreat yesterday. Is Outdoor Retreat a good buy? What is it exactly other than camping?

I only picked it up today thanks to the sale,because i really don't see it being worth 20$. 10 is a good price IMO. My sims are usually outdoorsy so a few of the BB additions(tents,air matresses,coolers,new harvestables,outdoor furniture,off the grid items,) are very welcome to my game. The cas...i probably won't use any of the items tbh.
    If you have a similar play style to mine, then it might be worth it,otherwise the vacation/camping part alone doesn't give you much.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am still waiting for Tiny Living to go on sale. It's the only pack that I don't own for the game!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am still waiting for Tiny Living to go on sale. It's the only pack that I don't own for the game!

@alan650111 Maybe you can get it as a bundle with Eco Lifestyle? That's what I'm going to be doing this Friday.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Probably because they're going to announce the next GP during the EA Play, hence they're doing the sales earlier to hype everyone with the announcement?
    alan650111 wrote: »

Yeah,I do hope that they are doing sales on the stuff packs. BTW, there's a lot of giveaways happening on the twitter. You might want to check it out. Who knows, you might won the TL pack.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    idkidk wrote: »

I only picked it up today thanks to the sale,because i really don't see it being worth 20$. 10 is a good price IMO. My sims are usually outdoorsy so a few of the BB additions(tents,air matresses,coolers,new harvestables,outdoor furniture,off the grid items,) are very welcome to my game. The cas...i probably won't use any of the items tbh.
    If you have a similar play style to mine, then it might be worth it,otherwise the vacation/camping part alone doesn't give you much.

I personally still love it, even after all this time, and my sims go to Granite Falls frequently. I could see how it could get repetitive, but honestly, if you fixate on any one world or feature in the game that will be the case. Whereas if you look it as one more option among many, it's a good one to have. But I love camping in real life, and while not all of my sim households are outdoorsy, many of them are, and at a time when I can't get away to the mountains IRL myself, it is very satisfying to have them go and build campfires and stargaze in the fresh air and sleep in a tent. But ymmv, that may not sound exciting to everyone.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020

I bought it today, the gameplay is a bit meh but for 8.99 its definitely worth it. The CAS has lots of good options that I'll use all the time, the build-buy is also pretty good and has a lot of stuff that can be used in other situations aswell, the outdoorsy camp living is a change of pace to usual gameplay and I enjoy it and I love the tents so yeah imo it's definitely worth buying while its cheap. If you don't have Jungle Adventure though I'd say buy that instead (I think it's on sale aswell?) as that pack is one of the best in the game.
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    They actually put stuff packs on sale? I didn't think $10 was a bad price, but there is another one I wouldn't mind buying for less.
    If only Eco Lifestyle was on sale lol. I want it, but I don't know if I want to spend $40 on it...
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I picked up Jungle Adventures! I was hoping the stuff packs would go on sale, too...I'm mildly tempted by a few, but not $10 each tempted.

Ooh, Jungle Adventures is on sale? It's the only one I don't own.