Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why/Why not are you getting Eco Lifestyle

Comments

• armcd73armcd73 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't know, need to see more
    I’m kind of torn about this pack. On one hand, I would buy it on the next sale when it’s 50% off because it looks interesting, but on the other hand it’s not what we’ve been asking for. We want cars and updated babies and more occults etc. They just made a pack of stuff that no one wanted and was just recycled material. I mean, some of the actions (like with that caterpillar box or whatever) is the same as other packs (my first pet stuff). I mean, this pack seems lazy and I wouldn’t spend $40 on it, but maybe when it’s marked down. I’m still upset that it’s not cars or babies.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't like the theme or gameplay it offers
    I was never going to get this pack. However, there was a moment in time I considered it. But the fact worlds go slowly back to neutral :s if you leave the trash etc, instead of more crime, fires, and unsavory characters which would have been a better idea to me doesn't help me like it. And then I watched some gamechanger's early access videos to see what have I actually overlooked.

Well, let me just say the overly gushing and squealing and omgs about a shelf, or another apartment building just a different layout but still a shell of a thing that I didn't like the first time around in CL, and so forth, made me decide I was right the first time. Overly gushing about shelves and hats or squealing about an apartment system I still can't stand, won't make me buy a pack let alone reused animations, and objects just reskinned and renamed. And the over the top salesmanship just turns my stomach and I won't even finish any influencer's video. It insults my intellegence.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I am getting it (Explain)
    armcd73 wrote: »
    I’m kind of torn about this pack. On one hand, I would buy it on the next sale when it’s 50% off because it looks interesting, but on the other hand it’s not what we’ve been asking for. We want cars and updated babies and more occults etc. They just made a pack of stuff that no one wanted and was just recycled material. I mean, some of the actions (like with that caterpillar box or whatever) is the same as other packs (my first pet stuff). I mean, this pack seems lazy and I wouldn’t spend $40 on it, but maybe when it’s marked down. I’m still upset that it’s not cars or babies.

Why do people still do this 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Some people did ask for this...and I don’t care for occult’s or cars so don’t say “we”.

Also babies probably wouldn’t come in a pack anyway...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I'll be buying it, I like the new world and it adds more game play to the game which is always good. That said I'm not super excited for it either and might wait until it goes on sale to buy.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I was never going to get this pack. However, there was a moment in time I considered it. But the fact worlds go slowly back to neutral :s if you leave the trash etc, instead of more crime, fires, and unsavory characters which would have been a better idea to me doesn't help me like it. And then I watched some gamechanger's early access videos to see what have I actually overlooked.

Well, let me just say the overly gushing and squealing and omgs about a shelf, or another apartment building just a different layout but still a shell of a thing that I didn't like the first time around in CL, and so forth, made me decide I was right the first time. Overly gushing about shelves and hats or squealing about an apartment system I still can't stand, won't make me buy a pack let alone reused animations, and objects just reskinned and renamed. And the over the top salesmanship just turns my stomach and I won't even finish any influencer's video. It insults my intellegence.
    I wasn't going to get it either because I lost interest in the game last year with Discover University but I like the hobbies it adds so I am giving it a chance.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    There’s a few reasons I’m getting it.

My main reason would be that I do like the theme and the potential gameplay that it offers. I feel like saying that it “recycles” a theme doesn’t do it justice. To me, this isn’t recycled content, this is developed and finalized content. The devs have been playing with the eco-friendly theme for a while with minor additions here or there across a few packs. This is their chance to finally put a full degree of effort into it.

This pack complements other packs very well. The hippie/bohemian themes from other packs tie in well with the candle-making and fizzy drink aspects. The vegetarian trait and off-the-grid traits will play well with the sustainable gameplay features in this as well. I feel like I can finally make a fully fleshed out eco-friendly Sim that isn’t just a vegetarian with a garden—They can live off the grid, hand wash and dry their clothes, grow vegetables (or whatever that weird sustainable meat thing is), recycle garbage for furniture, rely on candlelight or go technological and use green energy, live in a tiny house on a small lot and maximize their use of the outdoor space, and encourage their community to do similar things.

Since the grime, pollution, community lot, as well as the greenery aren’t limited to just the world in the pack, I feel like it’s a welcome addition and worthy of the “expansion” pack title.

Lastly, I’m also a completionist and own every pack for TS4, whether they’re large and grandiose or not.

I'm getting the new EP for all the exact same reasons as what Sim2Spore has already pointed out. Thanks for saying everything I wanted to say, Sim2Spore, only better! :)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m really loving the concept, can’t wait to play! But I have exams this Saturday, so I need a little patience :smile: .
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    This is the thing I voted on instead of the laundry! I am super excited to finally have eco-living in my game! It's something that is very important to me and its a great way to bring awareness!
  • SambylaSambyla Posts: 31 Member
    It should be a gamepack/Too expensive for what it is
    Cas and build/buy are so cool in this pack! And I haven't even mentioned new apartments. Very big fan of those.
    However game play seems lacking content. I don't believe that candle making is such a big gamechanger. I found it pretty similar to pumpkin covering. It's nothing compared to pets or weather etc.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't like the theme or gameplay it offers

I wasn't going to get it either because I lost interest in the game last year with Discover University but I like the hobbies it adds so I am giving it a chance.

I was hoping worlds would stay filthy and Sims would be crying and sick and dying etc. if I decided to play an evil Sim who had taken over the world and loaded it down with garbage and crime. >:) But I saw they go back to a more normal state after a period of time so that was that. I'm not into hats,and shelves as a highight of what is in a gameplay pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    I don't know, need to see more
    Up date: I couldn't find my original comment, but I think I voted that I wanted to see more info, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I think I'm going to get it.
    Today I played my game and my gallery wouldn't work, it had a bunch of "X" across all the tabs, so I pulled my mods folder out and sure enough, all was working fine after that. So, I started playing a vanilla game, and I have so much Maxis made content now, that I just l played it that way, and I was having fun, so I decided to get it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Other (Explain)
    I like the pack and may get it in the future, but not right now for a few reasons.
    1. I'm about to make a big purchase for something else and don't have the cash for it.
    2. I'm not sure how many more packs my computer can handle, so I have to be very careful with which packs I download next. Which leads me to...
    3. I'm not sure yet where Eco Living falls on my wishlist yet. It's above Cats and Dogs, but I'm also interested in IL and DU. So I'll need to wait a bit and see which of the three I want more.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    An environmental theme does interest me (even if I want my sims living in garbage) since in real life I do try to be environmentally conscious. Although the trailers made me hesitant at first, the live stream really set it home for me. I cant get over how deep it gets. I MIGHT get this on release day (assuming the game gets a necessary fix to yesterday's update before then). Not to mention Ive been on grimy building kick lately, so some of the BB looks as though it will help me out alot with making more rundown builds.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm getting it, but I'm waiting for it to go down to £20 or less online. Honestly not sure if I'm that bothered about getting the pack so I want to see how it ages as well for people who get it on release as a lot of packs are fun for a day and then get boring.

I've found with a lot of packs I get excited for them from the collective excitement for new content and then it doesn't actually interest me when I get it. For example I was excited for the stuff in the new patch but now it's out and I have it I don't care for any of the new features
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Other (Explain)
    It would be one of the last packs I buy if I were buying packs because of reasons 1-3 plus I feel like they've basically touched on this theme multiple times within The Sims 4 already. I don't get why they couldn't make one big EP out of the theme and be done but oh well.

The main reason I'm not buying is because I just don't see the point in it, or any other pack for that matter, when the base game needs so much work. The free patch is the best thing going for it so far.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I just bought it

For environmental purposes, and the Active neighborhood Community vibes
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    This is the thing I voted on instead of the laundry! I am super excited to finally have eco-living in my game! It's something that is very important to me and its a great way to bring awareness!

It's all good then! Instead of a small Stuff Pack you are getting a large Expansion Pack instead. :)

I've just got it and am enjoying it already.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I was hoping worlds would stay filthy and Sims would be crying and sick and dying etc. if I decided to play an evil Sim who had taken over the world and loaded it down with garbage and crime. >:) But I saw they go back to a more normal state after a period of time so that was that. I'm not into hats,and shelves as a highight of what is in a gameplay pack.
    Actually Cine the pack is a lot better then you might think. I had my doubts but so far its fun it keeping me interested. Discover University after 1 hour I lost interest so this one is way better.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm a completionist.

Besides that, I'm really enjoying this pack.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I haven't even started on the gameplay yet. I found there was no house big enough for my family of 7 and their cat so Rockridge Springs is currently getting an update. It's now got five bedrooms, basement and a loft in the roofspace with access by ladder. I love the new windows and the Captain's quarter curtains from another pack can now fit in the middle of the new ones and give some privacy in the bedrooms but still be light there!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    Why ?

Because I like
    • Male CAS content
    • N.A.P.
    • New apartments
    • Industrial Eco footprints
    • New piercings
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020

It's my understanding that the worlds only return to normal if the footprint is also normal. The problem is, the houses in the neighborhoods don't all fit the 'industrial' or 'eco' side so eventually the environment goes back to neutral. But you can prevent that by editing the homes and/or selecting one of the NAP initiatives that effect the environment.

It's almost like EA used the cheat to make the environment appear the way they wanted without actually changing the neighborhoods to fit.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    All the above (1, 2, & 3)
    Not something I'm really hyped about but I'll be watching some gameplay just to see what it really offers
    giphy.gif

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other (Explain)
    I won't be getting Eco Lifestyle until it's on sale. I would have bought the pack on release if it would've been more Scandinavian-themed with minimalist build/buy and a Norwegian-themed world, with commune-style gameplay in addition to the general Eco-gameplay that you would expect from a pack like this. Northern lights would've made more sense too with that kinda theme. In short; I don't like the industrial handy-down direction they went with, although I can appreciate it for what it is because it's never really been done before in the Sims. The soundtrack is fire though
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    Other (Explain)
    I had decided to not buy it, or at least wait until some kind of sales, but two days ago I got a torsion on my cervical and I have to stay put for a week. My boyfriend bought it for me because he is the sweetest guy ever. So yeah I'm playing it. And I have to admit I am happily surprised for now.
    It has some problems, I have a good computer but now it's lagging and sometimes even freezing. The content is good even if I still believe a gamepack would have been enough. But the cas is really, really good. I'm really happy by my builds using the new furniture.

It won't be my favourite pack, but I can safely say that, in my opinion, it has way more work in it than some other extension pack. So kuddos for the team!