Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interesting lot exploit I never knew about.

I just found an interesting game exploit, maybe everyone knows about this already. When you are in the manage worlds neighborhood map, you can click on another household lot (not your own), enter build from the lower right button and place a new house with no cost limits. The household keeps their simoleons but gets an expensive house. Just like you can edit community lots and various venues.

How did I never notice this before? I guess I never tried before.

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I remember having cost limits based on whether the family has enough money to afford the house. But I think that's when placing the house directly from the map? I'm not sure if that's the same method you're using.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited May 2020
    This method doesn't seem to work with the first family you place, but other families, even ones you have placed after the first family. Those other families will be on a lot they could afford. Once you leave your first family and go to the Manage Worlds map you can click on another family (or place a new family, but still in the manage worlds map) and then the construction button. In build mode you can place a more expensive lot from your library or the gallery.
    Post edited by CorkysPetals on
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    You can also build the lot of your dreams for your sim if you go into manage households, click the little heart to take them off your list, exit and then build away, won't cost you a penny.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    You can also build the lot of your dreams for your sim if you go into manage households, click the little heart to take them off your list, exit and then build away, won't cost you a penny.

You get a big house, you get a big house, you get a big house....
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yeah, I have occasionally done that. A little loophole. Let's hope they don't spot it and seal it up forever.