Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you regret buying?

Comments

• BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't regret it necessarily but I guess it would have to be the Spooky Day stuff pack. I just don't use it nearly enough and I hate how sims won't autonomously use the costumes from it during "Spooky Day"/Halloween.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Discover University 100%, I really don't understand why it's so popular I've always found University a boring concept in the Sims. I bought it when it came out as I thought Sims 4 would improve on the last game but it didn't.

Maybe it's just because it's not my thing but I found it really boring, there isn't really any incentive to go to university so I don't care to have my sims spend 28 days studying for nothing, all you get is slight perks at a job which you would've gained anyways (and more) if your sim just went straight to work for that time.
    Also the CAS and build items all just screams "university", not one item from this pack can be used in other worlds so it's been a big waste of money for me all round. Regret it 100%, a big waste of 30 bucks, won't be buying university in the next game

Also partially toddler stuff - the pack has absolutely no toddler stuff? It doesn't even make sense. No high chairs, toddler beds, toddler potties which are the main things toddlers use, but I got it half price and some of the items are cute so I can't complain about it that much
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I included a few packs from sims 3 and one form sims 2.

Diesel from sims 3, I loved a lot of the clothes when I first got it but I thought it would be like sims 2 H&M where they didn’t make it totally obvious your sims were wearing a real life brand but Diesel was splashed everywhere and I had no idea default replacements were a thing yet so I couldn’t get replacements in simlish. Plus I thought we’d get items for teens if not from EA then than as CC but if it was made I didn’t find it fast enough, because in six months I hated the clothes, and if I didn’t use the build and buy stuff I would of uninstalled it. (And yes I also bought the pack for the bulge but the rest of the underwear was smooth and I wanted a bulge slider.

(Pack I’m glad I didn’t buy was Katy Perry Sweet Treats, I was broke and didn’t want the candy lots forced into my game also the movie stuff pack)

Sims 2 pets (child me killed his sims pets so much he had to uninstall it.) I love it now though!

Sims 4, dine out because my sims never well dine out and the first stuff pack with the chocolate fountain, toddler stuff and strangerville. I wish Strangerville was it’s own thing like the Sims Medieval because every time I start a new save and I go somewhere in strangerville by accident I break out the virus... And yes I still haven’t finished the strangerville mystery. Also my first pet stuff and I bought that one on sale... If the rodent cage wasn’t so huge, I’d use it more often.
  • ashleyssimsashleyssims Posts: 9 New Member
    Oh jeez. My First Pet stuff, Vampires, and Realm of Magic. I was really excited for Vampires and magic, but after the first few days of using the packs I got bored and rarely use them now.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Discover University 100%, I really don't understand why it's so popular I've always found University a boring concept in the Sims. I bought it when it came out as I thought Sims 4 would improve on the last game but it didn't.

Maybe it's just because it's not my thing but I found it really boring, there isn't really any incentive to go to university so I don't care to have my sims spend 28 days studying for nothing, all you get is slight perks at a job which you would've gained anyways (and more) if your sim just went straight to work for that time.
    Also the CAS and build items all just screams "university", not one item from this pack can be used in other worlds so it's been a big waste of money for me all round. Regret it 100%, a big waste of 30 bucks, won't be buying university in the next game

Also partially toddler stuff - the pack has absolutely no toddler stuff? It doesn't even make sense. No high chairs, toddler beds, toddler potties which are the main things toddlers use, but I got it half price and some of the items are cute so I can't complain about it that much

I think the good thing about it is that you can get straight to level 8 or whatever on the career you study for, but it does get old quickly, unfortunately. First time I had my sim live on campus, join in on the activities and such, but now I don't bother, they all do their studies from home now.
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    I have Parenthood, Vampires, GTW and Seasons, I enjoy all of them. Since just got in to it, I watched several reviews to make sure that I made the right choice.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I like most packs, but I regret Discover University, Spa Day and Bowling Night.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    Laundry Day and Strangeville
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Get to Work. It was the first EP I bought and for a while it was fun, but now the active careers gameplay feels repetitive. Now I don't really use its features at all.
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Spooky stuff - just fills up my catalogue
    Get Together - don’t use the world or build & buy stuff. Would miss some of the CAS tho
    My First Pet Stuff - don’t use ANY of those items
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I only bought Get to Work for the aliens. Honestly I'd rather have a full alien pack, the aliens we got here are a little lacking, human disguises are forced rather than optional, the genetics are broken, hybrids are broken, and you can't even live on Sixam.

Spa Day never gets used. But I got it in a bundle so it's fine.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Parenthood. The gameplay is annoying, I use hardly any of the CAS assets. The only redeeming thing is build/buy.
    Fitness stuff. Talk about pointless. I don't think I've ever used anything from the pack. We already had gym equipment. Spa Day did it better.
    Toddler Stuff. Felt like a ripoff. I like a couple of the outfits, not really any build/buy. None of it was really needed.
    Bowling Night Stuff. I use a couple of CAS assets and some build/buy and that's it. No gameplay.
    Backyard Stuff. Useless. Not used. Romantic Garden Stuff did it better.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Vampires, yuck.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I would say only the dogs and cats pack, I just found them to be annoying in the game rather than love them like I do IRL :(
    You're Breathtaking!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    MFP Stuff. Bought it for the hamsters and such, but I never use them. I find them annoying more than anything.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have all the packs and now cannot remember which came from which and what came from what so must be using all the objects, packs and worlds when I feel like it. I get reminded of this whenever I upload a house to the Gallery. 😮😷😇
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Realm of Magic solely because I was hoping for a more Harry Potter feel rather than what we got.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Get Together. I use almost nothing from this pack.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't exactly regret any of the packs that I have bought. Although my least favourite pack out of my "collection" is Toddler Stuff.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Last time my roommate and I did a build a bundle, we debated stuff packs for a while and finally settled on Perfect Patio Stuff because we really wanted the hot tub. I even remember going on this rant about putting a single desirable object behind a durn paywall and extortion, but also woohoo location! And hot tubs are really common around here! It just made sense.

Cut to the 20th anniversary a month later. It’s not even that I really mind something paid becoming free. It’s just that if I had known I would’ve bought something else instead and I could’ve had that AND a hot tub!
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I only bought Get to Work for the aliens. Honestly I'd rather have a full alien pack, the aliens we got here are a little lacking, human disguises are forced rather than optional, the genetics are broken, hybrids are broken, and you can't even live on Sixam.

Spa Day never gets used. But I got it in a bundle so it's fine.

I’m one of the few who actually likes the active careers it feels like, but I agree. The main incentive for GtW for me was aliens, and in retrospect I really wish they’d gotten their own gamepack instead. Aspirations (Invasion or Assimilation, one to abduct the world and the other to go unnoticed in human society). The disguises actually working/mattering (stop being surprised to learn someone is an alien when you met them undisguised ON SIXAM), liveable Sixam, alien lot traits (abduction zone, anti-abduction zone, force alien reveal, force disguise, alien hot spot, etc).

Just. There were clearly a lot of ideas there with the disguises and stuff that they didn’t have time to execute properly and it’s a waste. I’d rather careers and aliens had been two separate packs. I think both concept suffer from being a single pack.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Realm of Magic
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 4 City Living and Island Living.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    It wasn't a bad pack- I liked the features and the items- but I regretted making Get Famous my first pack. I wanted more content for everyday life, but the appeal of fame got to me. I still enjoy the pack, but when I first downloaded it I realized I should have got something with features I could use in more saves, like GT.
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    Get Together, Get to Work, and Laundry Day. I never really use these.