Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get rid of the randomly generated outfits on Sims that aren't part of their outfit list?

I've noticed this in a few packs now, and I really think it needs to go. Some Sims appear on lots in these completely randomized outfits that I've never designed for them and so they have no business wearing. I've noticed it with my spellcaster Sims mostly, and sometimes vampires, and sometimes other random townies. It doesn't make any sense, and it really ruins my game experience when encountering Sims I've created wearing things I wouldn't be caught dead putting them in. For instance, I have a mean old witch who sports nothing but black dresses in all her outfits. Yet here she is showing up in an outfit that looks like a rainbow barfed all over her, wearing a golf hat, aviator glasses, and arm length gloves. Just no. Whatever was done that caused Sims to put on these outfits needs to be shut off or removed. It's awful, and I hate not seeing my Sims presenting themselves the way I wanted to present themselves in public.

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    That's because of Sims 4 City Living. The game causes the sims in all the worlds to wear random tourist fashion police outfits.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That's because of Sims 4 City Living. The game causes the sims in all the worlds to wear random tourist fashion police outfits.

That's only part of the truth. Seasons, Vampires and Get Famous also produce random outfits for walkbys. And Realm of Magic also creates random outfits when Sims visit the magic realm. I don't understand it because these outfits are always the worst.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

That's only part of the truth. Seasons, Vampires and Get Famous also produce random outfits for walkbys. And Realm of Magic also creates random outfits when Sims visit the magic realm. I don't understand it because these outfits are always the worst.

I just don't really see WHY this function needed to exist in the first place. When there are like 7 outfits you already design for them in CAS, there's absolutely no need for RNG outfits.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I agree completely. The game clearly cannot handle creating decent outfits, which it proves by putting the bleepin' eyeball ring on everyone. The colors don't match and they are over-accessorized to a point that it's not even funny anymore, in my opinion. It is definitely one of my biggest gripes with the game and I wish they would remove it entirely.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Random outfits are one of the most hated features of TS4 and the complaints about them are as old as the wish for a color wheel. They seem so easy to fix (just get rid of them), yet still our collective nauseation has been ignored for years. Either someone at EA/Maxis has a sick need to show us, the buying fans, who is really the boss, or somebody with an equally sick outfit fetish has gotten far too powerfull in the ranks of decision makers. In all the years of me hating (HATING!!) random outfits I couldn't come up with another explanation, and if I really wanted to see someone on the Guru team fired it is the person responsible for not making an end to this sad, tasteless stupidity.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Now this is really what peeves me off. Change the Sim's outfit back to normal using the MCCC Dresser menu; and then two seconds later they're right back into that ugly "Situation" outfit that makes no sense at all.

And, I think simply ditching the script that creates situational outfits might fix some stuff.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I agree it should be taken out, because it really irritates me. When the outfit generating system works so badly I can't understand why they would add this as a feature.

Townies and their randomly generated outfits are a real immersion breaker as well. I think townies should be dressed from the options in styled looks, with the ability to add our own being possible too.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    I am also hoping we can one day disable situational outfits. Just a game option to turn them off would suffice. That way those who like them can still use them.

I simply don't bother to change the outfits of sims from other households anymore because of this. They show up in whatever anyway. And trying a historical save with every one dressed in a particular time period is nearly impossible. The situational outfits in the magic realm were so bothersome I even got a mod for that (I try to use as few mods as possible but this one is a must for me)
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I cannot stand that this happens with the outfits, but I also cannot stand the weird random NPCs that the game makes on it's own. This basically ruined the Uni pack for me, because I put hours of extra work with MCCC to make all the roommates look less freaky, only to have them be replaced by more random freak roommates the next semester. It's stuff like this that has kept me from touching the game even though I have been off of work for a couple months now. Shame really.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    My most disliked feature in the sims 4. They hide it in their marketing trailers, they keep including it in their packs, they do not improve it with their patches. Outfits and Situational Outfits that are generated for sims are a mess.

Without MC Command Center and NPC Control, I would probably have stopped playing honestly. It is devastating to spend so much time in CAS, which is my favorite feature, only for the game to randomize everything into a mess anyway when you are playing the game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I thought I fixed this with a mod. And a little white later I saw my beloved sims wearing something totally rediculous they would never wear 😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    We really need a toggle to turn off Situational Outfits.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd be happy if they just got rid of the situational outfits. If there's a festival going on, why can't they just wear the "party" outfits we give them? We have 8 different types of outfits with 5 slots each... we don't need this, at all.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish we could just turn off festivals.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The kindest thing to be said for the subject outfits is unmitigated disaster. Am OK with the idea of festivals but I do wish they made more sense. I can sort of get the geek-con (minus that Saturn 5 wannabe entered via the booser), and the spice festival is OK. The other two, however, are in the 'say, what?' category. The only reason I send a sim to romance is to harvest the plants that are hard to find elsewhere. A waste otherwise. EA really needs to step up their game when it comes to relieving the daily get up, go to work, go to bed, repeat grind. TS2 has neither festival nor situational outfits but is way more fun. Something odd here.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use MCC to prevent random outfits from being generated. Truly saved my game.

I think it's
    MCCC > MC Dresser > Replace Situation Outfits

And then you can choose to replace, for example, romance festival situational outfit with party outfit or spice festival situational outfit to everyday etc.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    I use MCC to prevent random outfits from being generated. Truly saved my game.

I think it's
    MCCC > MC Dresser > Replace Situation Outfits

And then you can choose to replace, for example, romance festival situational outfit with party outfit or spice festival situational outfit to everyday etc.

MC dresser is one of the few parts of that mod that I haven't used so far. Perhaps I will give it a try if it can stop the situational outfit mess.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't know even one single person that likes these stupid situational outfits (not that they are outfits, just randomly thrown together items, which is the problem!). If whoever came up with this idea insists on keeping this hated feature, why can't it be changed to use the party outfits we give our sims. Why do you insist on forcing this shi stuff on us?

I don't think the idea is bad. It's that it doesn't work the way it must have been intended. Unless of course it is some sick joke on us.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    This to me is such a big issue, and it has been for years on end. It is such a wide problem, every single player has this problem and I can't believe there would be anyone who isn't at least a little bothered by it. However since it has been like this for years and people have been complaining for just as long, but still nothing has been done about it, I am afraid that for some weird reason the sims team has consciously decided to actively not do anything about it. It just baffles me.
    I just cannot understand why anyone would chose to make this system work the way it does.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Vivid wrote: »
    I am afraid that for some weird reason the sims team has consciously decided to actively not do anything about it. It just baffles me.
    I just cannot understand why anyone would chose to make this system work the way it does.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not buying the Eco pack. My sims still play musical chairs even in groups and received no response to the scout uniform glitch which puts the boys into girl's clothes and it can only changed back with MCCC because even though this COULD be considered a career outfit, there is no such option for kids.

SjuV5ql.jpg

At this point I think it's part private joke and laziness because it's just too much trouble.
    Plus, it's still selling; EA isn't going to bring the hammer down, they don't have to. Heck, people even get mad at the idea of adding things!