Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch delayed

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Now I wanna say the nay says that the patch wasn't delayed for this...

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-actions-against-racial-injustice?fbclid=IwAR0VzZo92aQDBmDXasvZK2zh3ZKosPXo9oscu6M9L2d32D8Ph2xZu2sozjw

I think the delay was the right thing to do.
    There is nothing wrong with delaying it for one day.
    People who have a problem with that...then they have a problem with themselves and live in their entitled bubble...

• hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    They say something people get mad...they don't say anything people get mad.

I would rather some notice than nothing at all. Thank you for telling us.

Honestly, EA can't say anything right, can they? They even put out a statement saying WHY it took so long but people STILL aren't listening.

That is true. People will not listen at all. They did the right thing in my opinion.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2020
    I honestly even forgot about the patch today until a little while ago when I came over to distract myself from being glued to the news all day. I'm glad they held off a day. I understand using the game to unwind during difficult times, but some days a lot of us need to be forced to pay attention and reflect. People's lives depend on it. We can play another day.
    Post edited by j1z1 on
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Might be due to the protests and social media blackout happening today

True.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2020
    @simgirl1010 thank you for the update. I turned on my game and was like-why can't I move the doors and windows. No worries, delays happen.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Most likely due to what’s going on in the states right now out of respect. They haven’t said for sure but this is what’s assumed.

Lol, I mentioned a similar thing under another thread and a few couldn't deal getting so upset for me pointing some real world stuff going on, smh....
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Finally!! People are trying to understand the struggle that black people face every day! We did not ask for this, but it's in our face and what are we going to do to make a change??
    edited June 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 thank you for the update. I turned on my game and was like-why can't I move the doors and windows. No worries, delays happen.

Lol, yeah, I'm so looking forward to that. I was trying to build something the other day and having trouble with windows. Can't believe I put up with it this long. :D
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2020
    Now I wanna say the nay says that the patch wasn't delayed for this...

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-actions-against-racial-injustice?fbclid=IwAR0VzZo92aQDBmDXasvZK2zh3ZKosPXo9oscu6M9L2d32D8Ph2xZu2sozjw

I think the delay was the right thing to do.
    There is nothing wrong with delaying it for one day.
    People who have a problem with that...then they have a problem with themselves and live in their entitled bubble...

Or they could be people from other countries and cannot understand why the US keep having these incidents with no change coming any time soon. I won't carry on elaborating because I'm not brave enough for politics.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    Happy Patch Day!!
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Happy Patch Day!!

@simgirl1010 Happy patch day back!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2020
    Happy Patch Day!!

From now on (unless we get another delay - Sims' god forbid) all Simmers will have to remember to pay their bills otherwise the repo-man will descend on them! 😎😉

📢📢 📢📢 Remember to remove mods as the Patch is a big one this time. (from a creator's tweet) ❤

PS: love this Windows key plus . key giving us more emojis!
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I'm glad it's patch day, I was disappointed it was delayed, but since it seems it was the blackout Tuesday thing I totally understand, I just wish they'd be more transparent/actually give explanations. It would have saved a lot of annoyance. As I said in my earlier post, the delay was not the issue, I'm sure most people would have understood if they actually gave an explanation, (especially given that it was likely blackout Tuesday) However their woeful communication with the community means a lot of people weren't prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. Until they actually do communicate properly (via the official forums would be nice) things like this will continue to happen. Standing with Black Lives Matter is awesome, but it would have been more awesome if they'd just acknowledged that was what they were doing to begin with.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

I'm glad it's patch day, I was disappointed it was delayed, but since it seems it was the blackout Tuesday thing I totally understand, I just wish they'd be more transparent/actually give explanations. It would have saved a lot of annoyance. As I said in my earlier post, the delay was not the issue, I'm sure most people would have understood if they actually gave an explanation, (especially given that it was likely blackout Tuesday) However their woeful communication with the community means a lot of people weren't prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. Until they actually do communicate properly (via the official forums would be nice) things like this will continue to happen. Standing with Black Lives Matter is awesome, but it would have been more awesome if they'd just acknowledged that was what they were doing to begin with.

RIP David Dorn. :'(
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member

I agree. I saw this morning that EA had made an official statement to their employees and did a couple of tweets regarding the matter. But maybe they should have made this clear in the first place! Working in customer service, I am well aware how upset people can get about lack of communication
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    So when does the patch come out?
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    Happy Patch Day!!

@simgirl1010 Happy Patch Day back at ya! Can't wait until tonight to get ot 🙂
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member

I agree more communication is always better, and they had a good reason for delaying the patch. But even if they didn't have a great reason, a lot of the early reactions were uncalled for. Most of us are adults here, we should all have the maturity to handle a 24 hour delay.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    So when does the patch come out?

I would assume the usual times they normally drop--10-11 am PST/1-2pm EST.

Feel free to correct me if Im wrong, anyone.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,180 Member
    Mine is updating now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Krueger wrote: »

I agree more communication is always better, and they had a good reason for delaying the patch. But even if they didn't have a great reason, a lot of the early reactions were uncalled for. Most of us are adults here, we should all have the maturity to handle a 24 hour delay.

More communication would have been better. I have no problem with the reason for the delay, but I must admit my first guess for the reason was technical issues. I heard about protests in the news but it didn't even occur to me that a multinational would put a release for paying customers on hold to show their support for this cause. They should have specified the reason in the announcement of the delay.

That being said, it is just a game. Lives of real people are more important than games. So I am OK with this decision.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Seeing as how there's been a delay in the release, I don't see why the patch can't come out this morning. I don't think it should be 1pm est like usual.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Mine is updating now.

Origin itself or Sims?
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Mine started updating now. I closed Origin and opened again and now it's going.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top