Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Review the Youtube channel Above you!

prettyprettyplumbobprettyprettyplumbob Posts: 183 Member
Hi everyone! I thought this would be a fun game to help us all grow and learn!
To participate, simply click on the channel in the post above you and post:

1. One thing you like about the channel, or that the channel is doing well
2. One thing you think the channel can do to improve

Make sure and put a link to your channel so that the next person knows where to go.

My channel is here to start us off!

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Hey there!! I don't have a channel so I'm sorry if this is derailing your thread a bit but I wanted to give you some encouragement! I really like what you're doing and the video I'm watching is wonderful so far (I started with the first one). You have stylized thumbnails, a personalized intro, I feel like your videos are a good length too. For improvement--and I know it's a ton of work but I also know many people find them useful--I would suggest adding subtitles/captions.

The combined berry/baby challenge seems super fun and I can't wait to watch it. I love these types of legacy-esque challenges. It makes me want to go back and finish mine, which stalled out because I got seasons and still need to rework my massive garden that is the entirety of my income 😭

Anyway, best of luck in the Sims YouTube world!
  • prettyprettyplumbobprettyprettyplumbob Posts: 183 Member
    @luxsylvan Thank you so much! That's so sweet of you to take the time to say something so nice!! <3<3 You really made my day!
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    Wow! @prettyprettyplumbob I just checked out your youtube channel and your videos are so great!! I've just subscribed :smile:

I think that your thumbnails and graphics are really professional looking and eye-catching. I also liked that you put an upload schedule in your video description. It really helps to know when to expect videos from you. Keep up the great work, because I feel like your channel is so great already and its only new :smile:

Also this thread is a great idea to share youtube channels with eachother.

I've only just made my channel recently and would love some tips on how to improve and grow, because so far I haven't really had much progress with gaining viewers.

My youtube channel is SIMiley Face
  • EkmidenisiEkmidenisi Posts: 176 Member
    @SIMileyFace
    I just looked at your channel, I love the pastel pink & green contrast theme.
    Having a look at your uploads, I feel they could benefit from some organisation. Have you thought about adding sections to your front page to help people find your different "types" of videos?
    I see you have playlists which is a great first step, but it can help to have a nice clear front page to help direct people to the content they want to see :)
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    Ekmidenisi wrote: »
    @SIMileyFace
    I just looked at your channel, I love the pastel pink & green contrast theme.
    Having a look at your uploads, I feel they could benefit from some organisation. Have you thought about adding sections to your front page to help people find your different "types" of videos?
    I see you have playlists which is a great first step, but it can help to have a nice clear front page to help direct people to the content they want to see :)

@Ekmidenisi thank you so much for the feedback! I'll definitely try to organise my home page in a different way, after all, that is the first thing people see when they click on my channel :smile:
  • ThatPlumbobRobThatPlumbobRob Posts: 295 Member
    @SIMileyFace Great banner and thumbnails, you speak really clearly too.
    To improve maybe just add an instagram and a twitter handle so you can promote yourself more on other sites :)

3iv0MGa.png
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    edited May 2020
    @ThatPlumbobRob Really good intro and you're very good at making your homes look complete. To improve maybe do another video similar to your each room is a pack video. Maybe a side by side room of base game vs. a certain pack/packs?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzgbwAerrTGQsgL6gI2f3NA?view_as=subscriber
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
    @Patch__2008 Your channel is really cute, the flower on the banner is adorable.
    Have you thought about making it so your most recent video is shown first as the first video i notice is one from a year ago even though you have more recent content. (it might make some less observant users think you are no longer active)
    Me waiting for someone to review my channel.
    7icpNio.jpg
  • KeriliasKerilias Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey Ekmidenisi, I think your channel is awesome. I'm always looking for new Simmers to follow and I look forward to exploring your other videos and seeing what you put out next. I like that your sound quality is good and it's easy to follow along. I watched the full Willow Creek tiny home you did and that was beautiful. You put a lot of detail in there.

Thanks for sharing!

Jo

If anyone's curious, my youtube channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwF_2tTGU_P2e-_LUNfyvsw/
    @Kerilias As a new channel I'd focus on getting so branding so people can start recognizing your channel like having a banner, I do like your videos though :)

3iv0MGa.png
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Ekmidenisi wrote: »
    @Patch__2008 Your channel is really cute, the flower on the banner is adorable.
    Have you thought about making it so your most recent video is shown first as the first video i notice is one from a year ago even though you have more recent content. (it might make some less observant users think you are no longer active)

Yeah I can definitely do that!
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    I'm not entirely sure who I am supposed to review since people comment pell-mell, so I'll just do two constructive reviews. I hope you find my tips useful, but please take them with a grain of salt. I don't exactly have a lot of youtube experience `\_(-,-)/`.

@Ekmidenisi - You've got a nice long series going, nice short intro and excellent video quality. I also like how you begin each episode with a short plan of what you're going to (try to) do in that episode. What I would focus on, however, is your sound quality and thumbnails. For the first: your voice is good, and you've got a nice voice too. But I keep hearing bump-like noises, as if you're bumping into your microphone. The music volume sometimes is also off compared to the volume of your voice. For the thumbs I'd try to settle on a single style and pay more attention to the readability of your text. Depending on the device, the thumbnails can be shown really tiny, and it's best if text remains readable.

@ThatPlumbobRob You've got some real good stuff going in your channel. Series usually do well in youtube and you've taken a series which always tends to be popular (Big Brother), so I'm surprised it has so few views despite you having 100+ subscribers. The tips I would give are:
    1. Make each thumbnail obviously unique. The number in the top right corner isn't clear enough and, depending on screen size, might even be unreadable. But if each thumbnail is clearly different from all the others, everybody can immediately see it's a new episode. It also allows you to showcase your sims and the house they live in.
    2. Just like what they did with the real Big Brother series, I'd start each episode with a short dramatic 'in the last episode' and end with an 'next episode, drama unfolds!'. Short snapshots of the previous and next episode, basically, so that your viewers are triggered to go watch those videos too.
    3. The final tip depends a bit on your video statistics: how long do your watchers stick around? If most don't view the full episode, you might want to consider a bit more editing to crop the videos. Episodes of 20+ minutes tend to put a lot of people off.

----

BootedBuilds @ Youtube
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    @Wugri This is epic! I love your builds! You have a new sub! Your builds are so unique and thought out!

One thing I will say is I had to turn my volume way up to hear you so talking a bit louder would be good, I didn't have a problem understanding your accent at all just how quiet you were being, otherwise great job!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXd6qga94nZg9UJ_fOSvnDw
    @BansheesHeart I like your banner, I noticed you posted videos years go but I'll focus on your latest few, in the newest video I struggled a bit with hearing what you were saying. You have a lot of energy which is good. You could make some thumbnails, that may draw in more viewers :)

@Wugri Thanks! I was going to have custom thumbnails, but it was taking up to much time on top of everything else I have to do to get a video out each day. It's interactive so I can't film the following video until the current one is posted. I'm not sure where to find viewer retention, only total hours of viewing time.

3iv0MGa.png