Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing, trying to make sense of it

I was playing a save, it was running a little slow. Then it suddenly crashed to desktop, no warning, not even a “Sims 3 has stopped working” pop up. I checked the text file in the Sims 3 folder and it said “ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000” (basically all 0s). I then decided to get the Crash Log Analyzer, and it said “Warning: Updates Available Sims 3 World Adventures” or something... err, my game is fully patched (1.69). I don’t get it. There were a few other crash logs in there, which all said similar, including ones from ages ago (as in one was from 2018).
Was it just a temporary glitch, and should be OK the next time it starts? I think it might be a memory thing, but I’m not sure exactly.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    The earliest released of the EP/SPs had their own version numbers and updates that were independent of the overall patching system that was implemented after Late Night was released (or maybe it was Generations, somewhere around there). Not having those updates now doesn't really make any difference, what they changed was for the most part cosmetic. But that is what CLA is complaining about. It never was a very useful tool.

The Access Violation errors really just mean that your game has crashed and don't provide any useful information either.

The most common causes of these crashes are "bad" CC that the game suddenly tried to use where it might not have before, poorly made or outdated mods, or yes the game trying to reach for more RAM than it can get or can possibly use. TS3 is still a 32-bit only application and the most RAM it can possibly work with before it becomes unstable, crashes, or Error12s upon trying to save is ~3.7 GB.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    It may be a RAM issue, seeing as similar messages popped up with dates from ages ago, and I don’t remember getting rid of any CC or anything like that. Just a temporary screw up and should be fine after I delete cache files...
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    I encounter that a lot in larger worlds with bigger saves. Try using Kuree's Save Cleaner often and doing a MC Reset Everything to clean up all stuck sims, objects etc.