Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars Leak?!?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    But I forgot something very important ... I need a Mechanic active career or skill !
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Aren't there more important things than cars? Like babies? Horses? Spiral staircases? Close dancing?

No the most important is the BUNK BED
    After Apartment, University, Parenthood and Tiny House I don't understand how it's possible this object is still missing.

Honestly the Car gameplay is as fun as an elevator, I mean "Jump in the car" -> Loading screen -> "Jump out of the car"... Nothing fun.

You're making a big assumption that there wouldn't be any new car gameplay. The same assumption that many simmers made about toddlers.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Aren't there more important things than cars? Like babies? Horses? Spiral staircases? Close dancing?

After Apartment, University, Parenthood and Tiny House I don't understand how it's possible this object is still missing.

Honestly the Car gameplay is as fun as an elevator, I mean "Jump in the car" -> Loading screen -> "Jump out of the car"... Nothing fun.

I dont know how pool slides and photobooths are still missing.

Not if the add cuddle,kiss,woohoo and try for a baby to cars.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited June 2020

I dont know how pool slides and photobooths are still missing.

Decisions based on a lot of things, money, time, difficulty to make, player data, or sometimes just because some people want to make it.

I often wonder what those decisions are, and why some things are prioritized over others.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Besides the fact there is much more that can be done with cars now bunkbeds climb up ladder go to sleep so much more exciting
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2020

A car would be a million times better than what we have now which is basically sims magically teleporting.

I'm hoping we'd get at least a couple of nice animations and interactions with cars also, and not just be a teleporting device.

In Sims 2 there were a lot you could do with cars even with loading screens - like woohoo, sitting and chatting, listening to music, installing alarm, taking the car to work. etc.

I'm hoping we'd get at least those in Sims 4, and maybe even more stuff to do. Maybe they could even bring back the car restoration from Sims 2 - I'd love to have a mechanic sim that tinkered on his car.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'd love to have cars for the tinkering and upgrading aspect, but am afraid they'll be just another bat/broom teleport thing.

Cars would require a major overhaul. First, there are the fx cars and cable cars zipping around everyhwere. I have lots of screenshots of them "running over" pedestrians (that's when the bandages come in handy). For real cars to not suffer the same fate, all the fx vehicles would have to get overhauled. Sims, including pets, would need to be made aware of the new cars and the new cars of sims and pets.

Next is recognizing roads as routeable territory. Whenever I try to keep my bicycle and motorbike (recolored bicycles) driving sims on a road, they route back to the sidewalk.

I can only imagine what nightmare that is/was/would be. Cars being in the works for a year sounds about right!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    Was there always a gas station in Strangerville? I play there all the time, and I just noticed the gas station for the first time.

49965657657_c3e92f8614_c.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    I'd love to have cars for the tinkering and upgrading aspect, but am afraid they'll be just another bat/broom teleport thing.

Cars would require a major overhaul. First, there are the fx cars and cable cars zipping around everyhwere. I have lots of screenshots of them "running over" pedestrians (that's when the bandages come in handy). For real cars to not suffer the same fate, all the fx vehicles would have to get overhauled. Sims, including pets, would need to be made aware of the new cars and the new cars of sims and pets.

Next is recognizing roads as routeable territory. Whenever I try to keep my bicycle and motorbike (recolored bicycles) driving sims on a road, they route back to the sidewalk.

I can only imagine what nightmare that is/was/would be. Cars being in the works for a year sounds about right!

The game needed an overhaul to get toddlers and we got them.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Rouenpucelle

Oasis Spring have a gas station too

09-10-10.png

Interesting! I didn’t know that!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    If bikes were possible, cars definitely are too. Objects can move sims now to free roam, I remember that was the major tech limitation to overcome.

And it would also make sense with the design choice of creating a whole transportation category in the menu. It wouldn't be just for bikes, which alone could be easily fit into activities.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Aine wrote: »

A car would be a million times better than what we have now which is basically sims magically teleporting.

I'm hoping we'd get at least a couple of nice animations and interactions with cars also, and not just be a teleporting device.

In Sims 2 there were a lot you could do with cars even with loading screens - like woohoo, sitting and chatting, listening to music, installing alarm, taking the car to work. etc.

I'm hoping we'd get at least those in Sims 4, and maybe even more stuff to do. Maybe they could even bring back the car restoration from Sims 2 - I'd love to have a mechanic sim that tinkered on his car.
    I went car aspiration build your own cars and a trait that makes you really good at building cars as a reward that would be pretty cool I forgot to pack for cars a traveling aspiration to travel to special destinations in the pack made 4 cars and once you traveled all the places in The pact you'd get a spot for well-traveled trait that would allow you to talk about places you've been kind of like this ever Salvador skill

more for sim kids and more drama please
    If bikes were possible, cars definitely are too. Objects can move sims now to free roam, I remember that was the major tech limitation to overcome.

And it would also make sense with the design choice of creating a whole transportation category in the menu. It wouldn't be just for bikes, which alone could be easily fit into activities.

And boats as well if you have Island Living and or Discover University.
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    If any of you are having trouble seeing the potential for cars or are interested in suggested gameplay. I have a separate thread that covers a lot of that: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960275/lets-show-some-support-for-cars#latest
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I personally believe it. I mean why not? Sims 2 had it in a closed world so it's not so unbelievable that we could get them. People are desperately asking for them. And the desperate askers tend to get what they want :D

I wonder who this person was dropping all this stuff though and why😅😅😅

The Sims 2 actually utilized vehicles though, even though it was closed off. Lots also were required to be built along roads for this reason. School busses came every morning for the kids, carpools came every morning for you to go to work, taxis came to take you to community lots and on vacations. Vehicles were a very integral part of TS2 from the beginning, even if you couldn't use them. When cars were actually added, they meshed in perfectly with this, since adults and teens could choose to drive to work/school and also to community lots.

None of that is present in the TS4. Not a bit of it. When people go to work or school, they just got to the edge of the house lot and disappear. When they travel anywhere, they immediately cut to a load screen to pick your destination. Several lots, notably in Brindleton Bay, are entirely land locked and nowhere near roads. There simply isn't the existing infrastructure in TS4 to build cars into like there was for TS2.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2020

The game needed an overhaul to get toddlers and we got them.

Adding a life stage is nowhere near as complicated as overhauling every single neighborhood to make them car friendly. Brindleton Bay has land locked houses that aren't even near roads. Roads would have to be made pathable like the sidewalks so that Sims would drive on them - this would require them to renovate them completely from purely cosmetic props in neighborhoods to actual usable parts of the world. Then there's travel altogether. Travel as it is now either involves Sims walking to the edge of the lot and disappearing, or just cutting straight to the destination screen. I'm not sure what people would expect for cars. Like do you want your Sim to get in the car, get on the road, then drive to the edge of your entire neighborhood area where you'll then cut to the destination screen? I can get using cars to travel within the same neighborhood, they'd operate like bikes in that sense, but for long distance traveling like going to San Myshuno, it'd just waste a lot more time than the current travel methods. Overall, implementing cars in TS4 will take a pretty massive overhaul to all of the worlds in order to function how people will expect them to function. This isn't TS2 where cars were already built into the game from the get-go. This isn't TS3 where neighborhoods are fully open and explorable and cars make sense. This is TS4, where nothing at all is optimized for road travel.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

And boats as well if you have Island Living and or Discover University.

Whoa, glad to know! I never bought Island Living, didn't even recall having boats.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Cars, Vans, Pickup Trucks & other Vehicles must come to this game by Next Month
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Have you guys noticed the massive amount of cars and that beautiful gas station in EL? Who knows, I think the leak might be legit, but we'll know by the end of the year I suppose 😂
  • WedWed Posts: 174 Member
    I hope we get cars soon. I can't stand it when your Sim travels, a loading screen immediately appears. In some worlds, when your Sims go home, they at least do walk a ways before the loading screen starts. I like that a lot. With cars, it can be faster, unless the Sims will be able to drive them briefly until a loading screen pops up. Plus, cars a la TS2 had many indoor interactions whether solo or with another Sim. I miss all that.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Cars, Vans, Pickup Trucks & other Vehicles must come to this game by Next Month

Next month? 🤣 Why next month?
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    Sprry but I don't get it?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've noticed a lot of car noises while playing in Evergreen Harbor, oddly enough there were no cars nearby.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1