Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch delayed

Comments

• bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    It's a game it shouldnt have political views..whatever your politics rioting, burning , destruction of property, theft and killing cops has no place in our country. There is also no social media blackout and my music streaming is working fine...

Wow, do you even know whats going on here in The US? If you don't then its best to keep comments like this to yourself. As a black woman, I have lived a life of being seen differently than those of fairer skin color and my people are tired of it. The true peaceful protestors ARE NOT, I repeat, ARE NOT for these looters, arsonists, and rioters! We want peace and we want justice and we just want to be treated equally. We are TIRED of our brothers and sisters being killed because of the skin we're born in. We are tired. So ONE FREAKING day without a patch shouldn't be so hard when we're born into this reality and deal with it our whole lives!

I also pray that your voices are heard and I definitely stand beside you for a change that should've came years ago. :)
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    If it‘s because of the #blackouttuesday then it‘s ok but they even haven‘t spoken up about this issue. It feels very insincere.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2020
    If it‘s because of the #blackouttuesday then it‘s ok but they even haven‘t spoken up about this issue. It feels very insincere.
    This isn't something the gurus can just talk about, because they would be representing EA and maxis and I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to say stuff that isn't about the game in a lot of cases. That they delayed the patch tells us what the people making the game thinks, but it's up to the ea big wigs to make the statements. The gurus did the thing they could do in this situation and action speak louder than words.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    This isn't something the gurus can just talk about, because they would be representing EA and maxis and I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to say stuff that isn't about the game in a lot of cases. That they delayed the patch tells us what the people making the game thinks, but it's up to the ea big wigs to make the statements. The gurus did the thing they could do in this situation and action speak louder than words.

The gurus can't just delay the patch because they want to, it was a higher up decision.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

The gurus can't just delay the patch because they want to, it was a higher up decision.

Ofcourse they had to get permission to do it, I'm not saying anything else. I'm just explaining why they aren't making any statements.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Eh, some sim gurus are very open about their political views. Some sim gurus even insult us customers so yeah, I don‘t believe this bs.

When has that ever happened?
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    hadklax wrote: »
    For real. Is this some sort of joke?
    I genuinely hope there is an outstanding reason for this. They have been parading this patch around (along with the EP) for weeks. Made us sit and wait for it and now with merely an hour to go they say 'Opps sorry, it will be another DAY'. Not couple of hours. Day.
    Total honesty, I'm furious. I have set up my work so I was ready for this patch. Now, one hour before it's release, they decide to say it's delayed.

I'm sure it will be an unpopular opinion to be cross and I sincerely hope there isn't another underlying or sadder reason for the delay but at this moment in time I am beyond cross with them.

Perhaps this is a good illustration as to why you shouldn't change your work schedules to accommodate gaming ones, an industry that has a long history of delays and setbacks.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The audacity on some people in the community... I can't believe people are upset about one day delay in a game patch when people are fighting for their right to be recognized as equal human beings. It's clear some people live so deep in their privileged bubbles that they don't recognize the fact that the police in your country are killing innocent people based on their skin color and a lot of those police officers walk free because they are protected by their badge and their skin color. I'm so glad we live in the day of social media and phones with cameras because now it's a lot easier to hold these people accountable for their horrible crimes.

Some people clearly need to do some research and stop spewing out their ignorant opinions. Your country is built on rioting, looting and theft. Your country is supposed to be free but it's very clear it's far from it. The real people wanting change are the peaceful protestors that are being arrested and assaulted for absolutely no reason other than to make them an example, to make people afraid to stand up for their rights. I don't think burning down buildings or destroying small businesses is okay but that is not my decision to make. Most people just wanna protest peacefully. At the end of the day, these are real human beings fighting for their lives and their rights and some people have the audacity to get mad over a delayed game patch.

The game is still playable even though the patch didn't come on time.

Here here!
    I am beyond heartbroken at the behavior of some people.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Seems to me that some of the posts in this thread are in opposition to this:
    "Keep it game-related. We're not here to debate politics or religion or lobby for anything, so keep the conversation about our games."
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    Seems to me that some of the posts in this thread are in opposition to this:
    "Keep it game-related. We're not here to debate politics or religion or lobby for anything, so keep the conversation about our games."

You are absolutely right. That's why they will all be deleted. Including the post that offended some of us and mine, which is as it should be. This forum should be all about the game, but some things cannot just stand unopposed.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • GilbertStrangePennyGilbertStrangePenny Posts: 37 Member
    Well it's disappointing that it's been delayed, I've been looking forward to it all day. Hopefully it isnt delyaed even further than June 3rd.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It's just 24 hours. People fly off the handle at even the most minor inconvenience.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It's just 24 hours. People fly off the handle at even the most minor inconvenience.

What?! NO WE DON'T HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT WE DO?!?!

(end sarcasm)
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Ofcourse they had to get permission to do it, I'm not saying anything else. I'm just explaining why they aren't making any statements.

Yes, but if the higher ups approve it, then there isn't any reason they shouldn't be able to talk about it.

Nobody in their right mind should say "yes absolutely delay the pack for BLM but don't tell them it's for BLM or you're fired."
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited June 2020

Just posting to show that being in touch with reality should never be against the rules. It's our human duty.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would rather have updates delayed and release dates pushed back and have it done right than have it done wrong and more bugs and issues that break the game because it came out on time. It means an extra day before I have to remove my mods folder and start a test game.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2020
    And... wow. EA. Thank you. I hope many more large companies speak out and stand up for what is just.

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-actions-against-racial-injustice
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    They say something people get mad...they don't say anything people get mad.

I would rather some notice than nothing at all. Thank you for telling us.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Also , Thank you EA for having our backs in the Black community. Not many companies want to do that but to know a company that i have gave years of support to is giving that support back means alot. Thank you for all you have done and will continue to do. <3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
    I had a feeling that the gurus were waiting for the company to do a statement for all of them. I completely understand why they did it like this.

Yes, but if the higher ups approve it, then there isn't any reason they shouldn't be able to talk about it.

Nobody in their right mind should say "yes absolutely delay the pack for BLM but don't tell them it's for BLM or you're fired."

It's not about anyone having against their employees saying anything, however it's understandable if they want to do a statement for the company, and not have employees go off on their own. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that? Why are you putting that meaning into what I'm saying when that's not what I'm saying. The gurus obviously had been told - 'don't say anything, EA is going to make a statement as a company'.
    Allons-y!

• peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Never thought I'd say this but wow, kudos to EA.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    They say something people get mad...they don't say anything people get mad.

I would rather some notice than nothing at all. Thank you for telling us.

Honestly, EA can't say anything right, can they? They even put out a statement saying WHY it took so long but people STILL aren't listening.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top