Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Apartment Shells...

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
If this doesn't belong in this particular section, I apologize in advance, and feel free to move it if it doesn't.

I'm currently redoing Lucky Palms to make it look more like a city, and a big part of this is by replacing certain lots with high rises from Late Night. At first, I placed those from the bin into the world, but I really wanted to build one myself. I know that the shells are available in the buydebug catalogue, so I went to an empty lot and typed in the cheats testingcheatsenabled, buydebug and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings (false/off). Unfortunately, I had two reoccuring problems with those shells from the buydebug menu, and I wonder if some more experienced builders on here could help me out.
  1. many of the apartment shells don't have doors, they're replaced by a simple white box. It's pretty annoying in itself, but fortunately, this is only a problem with a few of the shells, so there's a (although frustrating) workaround to it. But the second problem, on the other hand...
  2. The shells that do have doors don't have roofs, which just looks too ugly for me to bear.

For those that did build their own apartments in the past, did you also run into this problem? And especially, how did you fix it? Any advice is appreciated.

In case you don't know what I mean, here are some screenshots:

White box instead of door:
screenshot2cqjc9.png

Missing roof (yes, this is the top floor):
screenshot-2zdkuc.jpg

Edit: I also have the problem that whenever I place an apartment shell in build mode, I can't return to Edit Town. It's just loading indefinitely.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments