Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Thank you for the notice, @simgirl1010
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Oh :/ Was looking forward to the new content today and waiting for the update to pop up
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Wow, they really waited until the last minute to tell us.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Wow, they really waited until the last minute to tell us.

I'm sure there are behind the scenes details that we're not aware of. One more day of anticipation. 😊
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    For real. Is this some sort of joke?
    I genuinely hope there is an outstanding reason for this. They have been parading this patch around (along with the EP) for weeks. Made us sit and wait for it and now with merely an hour to go they say 'Opps sorry, it will be another DAY'. Not couple of hours. Day.
    Total honesty, I'm furious. I have set up my work so I was ready for this patch. Now, one hour before it's release, they decide to say it's delayed.

I'm sure it will be an unpopular opinion to be cross and I sincerely hope there isn't another underlying or sadder reason for the delay but at this moment in time I am beyond cross with them.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Maybe next time give your fans a heads up including creators. The problem is some of took some time off to update mods and now it's been delayed until tomorrow.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I would assume that whatever happened was rather sudden and they didn't have time to say anything sooner. Life is like that.
    Honestly I'd forgotten when it was supposed to be, and I don't use my twitter account, so I wouldn't even have thought about it until the patch popped up on the forum anyway.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    hadklax wrote: »
    I genuinely hope there is an outstanding reason for this. They have been parading this patch around (along with the EP) for weeks. Made us sit and wait for it and now with merely an hour to go they say 'Opps sorry, it will be another DAY'. Not couple of hours. Day.
    Total honesty, I'm furious. I have set up my work so I was ready for this patch. Now, one hour before it's release, they decide to say it's delayed.

I'm sure it will be an unpopular opinion to be cross and I sincerely hope there isn't another underlying or sadder reason for the delay but at this moment in time I am beyond cross with them.

I agree that they could have addressed it sooner, but I think it's pretty understanding considering the current world situation. So, no, it's not a joke. It's very serious actually.

Some of us use the game to leave the real world problems behind us though.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    hadklax wrote: »

I'm not going to lie that I'm disappointed, but it's only 1 more day. It was probably the right thing to do to delay it. And hey, less time to wait between that and Eco Lifestyle!
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm sure if earlier notification was possible it would have happened. They're aware that the community was making plans and looking forward to the update.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2020
    It's probably due to the situation in America today so I am willing to wait another day. I doubt if something is wrong with the Patch. Other events have been delayed too, the PS 5 launch, Activision's (Call of Duty) and EA Sports have delayed stuff due to it. See Twitter.
    The BBC have reported on it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52877792

It's not the place for political talk, as it is forbidden on the forums so I won't comment further.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Understandable and no big deal, although an official statement from their twitter (thesims) would be nice.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    “Games publisher Electronic Arts postponed its reveal event for its latest sports title, Madden NFL 21, issuing a statement saying ‘we stand with our African American / Black community... we'll find another time to talk football with you.’”
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Meh. Perhaps a little more heads up would have been nice but its no biggie. I wasnt updating anyway until my mods were caught up.
  • elin86elin86 Posts: 4 New Member
    I´ve been waiting all day, good i found out the reason why. Better the delay if there is something in the patch that can break the game totally :smiley:
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

I respect that but the game is still there. You can play it whenever you want. They delayed the patch by only a day. It was probably done because of the #blackouttuesday which is, in my opinion, understandable.

Agreed. If this is the reason, I fully support it and am more than happy to wait another day.

Even if it's not the reason, considering the state of the world, this is the last thing I'm going to worry about.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I removed my mods folder and Im prepared, where is the patch??
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It’s been delayed till tomorrow.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    whaaaaaaaattttttttt
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    > @Akl500P said:
    > It’s been delayed till tomorrow.

wait what!!! oh my god
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Most likely due to what’s going on in the states right now out of respect. They haven’t said for sure but this is what’s assumed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top