March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    That's 3 am here in the UK - I guess I'll see you guys in the morning. Much as I love my Sims, it doesn't extend to getting in the way of my good night's sleep ;)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Soon ...
    Happy SIMversary!!!
    For those who made gifts for our Community, you may begin gifting.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2020
    For my SIMSversary gift I created two residential lots.. The first one is called "A View From The Top" I got the idea for this one from "Better Homes and Gardens"

A View From The Top
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394221

My second community gift is called "Ocean View" I got the idea for this one from "House Beautiful"..
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394222

Post edited by LMC6255 on
    @LMC6255
    Both have been checked and are good to go o:)

A View From the Top has lovely curb appeal
    Ocean View has plenty of windows to let in the sun and gorgeous views

These are delightful SIMversary gifts that everyone will enjoy!!
    edited June 2020
    @ADWilson Thank you!! I guess, my Florida sense of Summer inspired "Ocean View"
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @ADWilson Thank you!! I guess, my Florida sense of Summer inspired "Ocean View"

Am sure it provided some inspiration :wink:
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    AD, I'm so happy you're still around and doing community stuff. This is an awesome thread.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @LMC6255
    View from the top is absolutely beautiful! It looks like
    it came right out from a page of better homes and gardens.
    I really adore the stone wall and garden in front.It reminds me
    of the good old days, could picture kids running barefoot to church
    or school.

Ocean view, is super cute as well! love the interior colors you chose!
    And the windows are great! So nice, bright and cheery!
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    AD, I'm so happy you're still around and doing community stuff. This is an awesome thread.

Ernesa!
    Lovely to see you again :)

Feel free to chat, compliment and grab ... err ... enjoy whatever game goodies strike your fancy lol
    ADWilson wrote: »

Ernesa!

Feel free to chat, compliment and grab ... err ... enjoy whatever game goodies strike your fancy lol

Thank you. Sooo, I do have a question ..... Is there still a store?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited June 2020
    @LMC6255
    View from the top is absolutely beautiful! It looks like
    it came right out from a page of better homes and gardens.
    I really adore the stone wall and garden in front.It reminds me
    of the good old days, could picture kids running barefoot to church
    or school.

Ocean view, is super cute as well! love the interior colors you chose!
    And the windows are great! So nice, bright and cheery!

@GraceyManor Thank you for all your kind words!! I use decorating magazines often for inspiration and ideas... :) I'm glad my first build reminded you of the good old days.. :)

Ernesa!

As far as I know, yes. If you have points on hand, you should be able to gift others.
    If needing to purchase points, I don't have a clue how to do it via Origin. Sorry :(
    Hopefully, one of our lovely Buddies or event assistants will know.

Ernesa!

As far as I know, yes. If you have points on hand, you should be able to gift others.
    If needing to purchase points, I don't have a clue how to do it via Origin. Sorry :(

Thanks. I assume the link is no longer Sims3.com (I looked). Do you know or have the link? I believe I still have a ton of points.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]

Ernesa!

Thanks. I assume the link is no longer Sims3.com (I looked). Do you know or have the link? I believe I still have a ton of points.

@ErnesaT the link for the store sets is https://store.thesims3.com/category.html?categoryId=11488&index=0&action=setsView
    For buy/build items is https://store.thesims3.com/category.html?categoryId=13814&index=0&action=landingPage2
    I hope this helps..
    edited June 2020

Ernesa!

Hoping I understand what you're asking for.
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ErnesaT should take you to your page

Between LMC (post before mine) ... Gracey (post after mine) and me, you should find what you're wanting :mrgreen:
    @ADWilson and @GraceyManor .... Thank you both. I appreciate it. :)
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @ErnesaT
    You're welcome =)
    You're welcome @ErnesaT
    Happy to help :)
    @LMC6255 I love both those houses - they look fantastic. I think the sea view one is very slightly my favourite, because it reminds me of the two times we've been to Florida (loved it both times). When I show it to my husband he'll go, Oooh, Florida! Sea - sorry, ocean - views.
    edited June 2020
    My Simversary gift is a new challenge, called One Tomato. Basically, your Sim starts off with one tomato, and not a lot else...
    Rules here:
    One Tomato: a Sims 3 Challenge.

The aim of the challenge is for your sim to build a house for his or her self. Starting from owning only one tomato.

Rules.

The Sim.
    Must have the Mooch trait.
    Can’t have Kleptomaniac.
    After that, it’s up to you for personality.
    Can only own: one tomato, and a bike which is their only form of transport other than walking or running. If they sell it, they have to go everywhere on foot until they can afford to buy another means of transport.
    They can't have any lifetime wish that gives them a money advantage: eg No Bills Ever. [ I'll add the others when I've checked them out]

The Lot.
    Can’t have any building on it at all to start with. Not so much as a bus shelter. Can have: landscaping, trees, fences, rocks, flowers – BUT you can’t sell any of them (though you can move the plants around like you would in real life) or change the terrain heights. You can change the terrain paints though, as that's what would happen if you were gardening. You can replace the fencing with new fencing, as long as the new fencing costs more that the old sells for, so you can put new fencing up to protect your plants from animals and so on.

Settings.
    You can set the seasons to any length you like.
    You can set aging anyway you like – off, really long lifespan, it’s up to you.

Gameplay.
    All your sim has is one tomato, and this is their only source of income.
    Your sim can mooch food for as long as they like.
    Your sim can mooch money to cover bills when they come in UNTIL they have some income from their tomato. They can’t mooch money in advance of the bills coming in either.
    When your sim gets some seeds for learning how to garden, they have to be sold to set against the bills.
    Your sim can buy other things to plant, but not harvest them from other places or collect seeds in the wild.
    No job of any sort or career.
    No collecting and selling.
    No making money from art or music or anything like that. No tips.
    You can fish, to use the fish as fertiliser or food only. No selling it.
    Any gifts that come in the mail have to be kept: they can’t be sold. You can put them in your house when you've built one though!

Relationships.
    No asking anyone to move in or getting married until you have a house and furniture – bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room.
    However, there’s nothing to stop your sim getting pregnant if you want to add that twist to the story. And the offspring can help with the gardening when they’re old enough.

Scoring – if you like scoring.
    Score at the end of every week. 1 point for each simoleon you made that week, and 5 points for each skill point you acquired.

Who might like to play this?
    It’s quite relationship-heavy gameplay, owing to the need to mooch things, so would suit someone who likes playing friendships as much as building. There’s a lot of spare time for your sim to build skills, so if you like skill building as well, this might appeal.

Who might like to build this?
    Someone who likes making landscapes, as there’s no actual building at the start of the challenge! And someone who likes making single sims with a fortune to seek.

AdDkAa.jpg
    First person here, one Chad Hill:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394261
    And his story here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/06/chad-hill.html

0pZkuk.jpg
    Second person here, one Ella Ashburn:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394262
    And her story here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/06/ella-ashburn.html

Post edited by SamelaRita on
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Here is my gift contribution to the SIMversary event:

P66HLAt.jpg?1

4XSwdOx.jpg?1

iWQikzz.jpg?1

'Cherry Blossom' is Base Game only and should not contain any store items ... I hope :#

Link to download: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394266

Have fun and Happy Simming! :D x
    Love the house @Hidehi It's really pretty :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Love your SIMversary gifts @LMC6255 !!! <3 Very difficult to decide which one to explore first. I can imagine both offering fantastic views and lots of things to do. I'm looking forward to adding them to my game :D x

One Tomato ... two tomatoes ... 3 tomatoes ... four ... @SamelaRita that sounds a really difficult 'tomatoacy' ... ummm ... survival challenge ;) ... Fabulous gifts for the TS3 community!!! ... I am very tempted to stop building and try one of these :D x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top