Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims do you usually play with in a home?

I think I asked before like 2 years ago so time to ask again :).

For some reason, I always end up with 8 sims in a home. It just doesnt feel right to me to have any less. I have a home right now with 2 parents and 4 kids. I am trying really hard not to let them have more kids ha.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

How many sims do you usually play with in a home? 121 votes

1-2: I like to keep my families small :)
23%
crocobauraDarbiiRueKelleygirlZorgaSnuffyBucketmercuryfoamBagoas77DarkLady2788AncientMusesimlicious2015AquariusMombluelightingFelicitybixtersmittenkitteSimmerMarsOnverserrjssimWintermist_SWEOldeseadogge 29 votes
3-4: I mean got to have some family right?
44%
Akl500Pvancanuckfan86bshag4lvGoth583Icewolfalan650111love7680Angel_mixAlrynnTheSpotted_CIsb917sennawalesasimbsimfreindlylolNRoweNinoosimLiziann1taydevSajahiKolikokolitka 54 votes
5-6: Whoa we are getting up there!
15%
Kita5399BloosmooPipersfun2KhrisstynefoxybillyLyrieMovottiluxsylvanDominicLaurenceNorthDakotaGamerbirdonawireLairaperagogoPatricemattiemayhemBecka28RouensimsSimmerGeorgeCaprianaB 19 votes
7-8: Nothing wrong with having a huge family?!
15%
CamkatSjofnhunniboo1orkhid22spice3SimmindipityBabykittyjadeGirklsillyangel0906Colton147147xMarianxj1z1Vivi_WillowTreePeculiarPlumbobwheelochEvie0602SimsandraSimAlexandriaSapphire769 19 votes

Comments

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Any more than 5 and my sim icons at the bottom of the screen get stupidly tiny I can't see them well enough to click on them, so more than 5 just isnt an option in TS4 :( I know I can change the screen resolution, but then the rest of my game doesnt look right. So, I usually end up with either 2 parents, 2 children and a pet, or 2 parents and 3 children. Nightmare if 1 of the pregnancies turns out to be twins or triplets! :#
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I aim for 2 or 3 kids. More than 5 is too many for me.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Three or four max. Over that and I can’t micromanage anymore.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    always 8, 1-2 adults 6-7 kids/tots/babies. When they age up they just have more kids.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Usually 2, but 4 is my max. Anymore and I can't keep up with their needs.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    5-6 as a family, usually with more than 2 generations.
    7-8 as multiple families, or flatmates
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I voted 3-4 but it is usually anywhere from 3-6 depending on the story line.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Five is roughly my limit; I can tolerate six, but if we go to seven then I'm going to kick people out. The chances of this are VERY high if some of those people are toddlers -- they require too much attention for me to split.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    1-2 is what am comfortable with, sometimes 3-4. Anything above that is chaos, at least for me. This applies across all Sims versions, btw.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I've done some large families with 8 sims before, but I keep it to 3-4 on a regular. I like to be able to have the parents focused on their kids without the kids being too much of a burden. I also think its easier since I play in a large home to keep track of everyone.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Full households here xD sometimes I get even more children, when the oldest siblings move out 😅
    I am trying to only have 2 kids per family but now I go crazy on pet breeding...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    3-4 actual sims, and usually 1-3 cats. I have played with more, but I don't really enjoy juggling the needs of too many sims.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have everything from two to eight sims households. Not necessarily families, half of the time they are roommates.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    Once the UI starts getting smaller, I just don't like it lol it bothers me so I try not to play with more than 5 household members but recently I've been playing with 8.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I get bored with less than 8 sims :D
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I play a variety of family sizes but I like having multi family units where it’s maxed out on sims.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have everything from 1 to 8 Sim households, but I’m finding that I often end up playing 5-Sim households. These households are large enough to keep me entertained, but small enough to keep me from getting overwhelmed. Has someone else posted, not all of my households are families. I have pretty much every living arrangement represented.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I have a variety of households so I can't really choose an answer. I play a few single Sim households and I have several full, eight-Sim households as well as every number in between. I love to fill the worlds with my own Sims, so variety is important. :)
    #Team Occult
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Parents, couple kids and dogs.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I enjoy playing single sims the most, but most of the time I usually have 3 sims in a household especially if I'm doing a legacy challenge.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Any more than 4 and it becomes a bit of a chore. In large households I find myself just caring for needs rather than building skills or storytelling, the latter being where I derive most of my fun. There's just no time. Everyone is so needy!

I also like it when my sims have a bit of a social life and that is nearly impossible with a lot of sims. I don't feel as invested in having them make friends when their needs are down. Really, the moment they are out of work or school it's "Okay who's hungry?" "So-and-so needs a nap... And a bath. " "You want some fun? Sorry, the toilet needs to be repaired first."
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Single sim usually with a pet or two or five... crazy cat ladies mostly. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I usually prefer to play single sims, so it's easy to focus on them.
    On the other hand, my legacy family household consists of 2 adults, 1 teen, 3 kids and a dog. I love them but I hate how much time it takes to play a single day. Next generation will definitely be smaller
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Ideally, 2 or 3. Single parent with a kid or two is my go-to.

But I'm a legacy player, so it inevitably grows and then I try to keep it around 6.

With 7 or 8 I tend to overlook a few, and I hate the feeling of someone not getting a story just as good as everyone else.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Most of my playing households usually begins with a single lady or a single man or a couple.
    My unplayed households are from three to eight.