Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On Firefighters

I'm grateful fire fighters and repo man are back.But I'm not happy it took along time for then appear .Its just makes me wish Sims 4 was push back, and released later.And they could had stuff at launch.Im grateful for team for listening to us.But at the same time I'm kinda sad it took so long.On brighter note.Im glad we got latter's, and a new billing system.🥰

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    6 years for firefighters and people still dont want a Sims 5 because "Sims 4 isn't finished yet" 🤔 in 10 years we will get robbers patched in
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @Horrorgirl6 I completely agree. I would have rather had firefighters and the repo-man initially in the game but am grateful we finally have them. I'm glad we finally have ladders and happy to see a new billing system. I'm happy that everything will be better categorized both in build and buy mode with off the grid items and making it easier to find things in our personal inventory.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Better late than never.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    6 years for firefighters and people still dont want a Sims 5 because "Sims 4 isn't finished yet" 🤔 in 10 years we will get robbers patched in

That's the depressing part.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm pretty sure they've had firefighters and repomen waiting to go for a long time... They were just waiting till interest in the Sims 4 starts flagging again, which since Paralives started to become more realised, it has been.

It seems a bit too much of a coincindence that these 'much wanted releases', keep happening just as interest wanes.
    raw
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they've had firefighters and repomen waiting to go for a long time... They were just waiting till interest in the Sims 4 starts flagging again, which since Paralives started to become more realised, it has been.

It seems a bit too much of a coincindence that these 'much wanted releases', keep happening just as interest wanes.

Hate to say it but this idea crossed my mind lol. Probably unlikely seeing as how that game (if it ever releases) won’t be out anytime soon so there’s really no need for them to feel any pressure. Idk
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I feel the same way. I understand why toddlers, for example, took so long to be developed and implemented. However, these firefighters are basically dressed up sims that spawn whenever there is fire detected and use the same old fire extinguisher (no special animations, no vehicles...). Now, I am glad we are finally getting them, but it does make me wonder what took them so long to create such a basic NPC!? It also makes me frustrated when I think about how long it will take them to implement other NPCs and missing features based on this pattern.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    drakharis wrote: »
    @Horrorgirl6 I completely agree. I would have rather had firefighters and the repo-man initially in the game but am grateful we finally have them. I'm glad we finally have ladders and happy to see a new billing system. I'm happy that everything will be better categorized both in build and buy mode with off the grid items and making it easier to find things in our personal inventory.

Oh that's great everything will be better Categorized, seeing people trying to search through stuff especially the Hidden Objects they had to keep scrolling, i'm glad right as i'm about to get into the game that's going to be fixed :D FYI it's Maxis doing TS4 now so i don't know why it's taking them so long why they're adding these pieces now maybe they didn't want to add them initially but we just can't play The Sims games without it definitely not Firefighters where the Sims are programmed to be more in danger despite Fire Safety Training LOL. To be honest i want the Color Wheel now that TS3 had, it would hugely help cut down on the amount of CC we currently have to add to make up for it but if it can be done Why not?.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

#BunkBeds2023
    #Burglars2027
    #StoryProgression2032
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

The repo-man originally came with Discover University. They simply made him available for everyone now.

I‘m pretty sure they‘re concerned that the SimCity vs. Cities: Skyline fiasco could repeat itself - especially with The Sims 5 (allegedly) repeating SimCity 2013‘s mistakes.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member

If they had them waiting around, why not add them in the 20th anniversary patch? That would have been a nice feature to reward loyal fans that follow the franchise for years. Only giving one object and at the same time making a stuff pack completely pointless when you have a highly requested npc ready would be stupid. For this reason I think they did not just have it lying around.

I think the gameplay trailer dropping the same day as the parafolk reveal (both may 19th) cannot be coincidence and shows that they are at least watching what paralives is doing. I think a bit competition can't hurt.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Aren't these just the neighbors from IL who can rush in and put out a fire when your Sim lives next to the volcano? Already in game, so not much work now to just dress them in a different outfit. See, already in game with IL.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    Those pesky neighbors in island living are coming in my sim's house just to drink water. They leave the dirty glass behind, don't even stay to chat.
    If there isn't a truck then I'm not sure I'm going to believe it's a firefighter. lol Just a pesky neighbor. Unless fires have improved and harder to put out and or spread more (faster) I don't see much point in them now, since there hasn't been any fire my Sim couldn't extinquish. Only when they couldn't get back into the house (player controlled lock out).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If there isn't a truck then I'm not sure I'm going to believe it's a firefighter. lol Just a pesky neighbor. Unless fires have improved and harder to put out and or spread more (faster) I don't see much point in them now, since there hasn't been any fire my Sim couldn't extinquish. Only when they couldn't get back into the house (player controlled lock out).

I think he may be your off duty firefighter neighbour. Just got of his shift at work, arrived home and before he could change into everyday clothes heard the fire alarm and your sim screaming for help and he came to save the day and your sim. :blush:
  • Elphaba_711Elphaba_711 Posts: 37 Member
    I really want the firefighter career back. That should have been a part of get to work. I loved putting out the fires and axing through doors. I get so bored of the sims 4 so quickly.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    They had brought them back with IL as other's have said. Instead of just neighbours in Sulani breaking in to fight the fire, it will happen in all worlds and they're dressed up now. *shrugs*

I am happy they are back though, it feels a lot more realistic to have a firefighter come to put out a huge blaze on my lot rather than my sim who's afraid of thunderstorms.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

If they had them waiting around, why not add them in the 20th anniversary patch? That would have been a nice feature to reward loyal fans that follow the franchise for years. Only giving one object and at the same time making a stuff pack completely pointless when you have a highly requested npc ready would be stupid. For this reason I think they did not just have it lying around.

They didn't give them with the 20th, because it means they've have less easy ammo to throw our way to keep interest.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I think the gameplay trailer dropping the same day as the parafolk reveal (both may 19th) cannot be coincidence and shows that they are at least watching what paralives is doing. I think a bit competition can't hurt.

I suspect it'll be competition of a SimCity 2013 to Cities Skylines type.
    raw
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I do so love that the Sims game finally has competition, because it will now force the Publishers to let the game developers release the games that they know the players want.
    edited June 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think he may be your off duty firefighter neighbour. Just got of his shift at work, arrived home and before he could change into everyday clothes heard the fire alarm and your sim screaming for help and he came to save the day and your sim. :blush:

Wouldn't it be more believable if I saw this guy out walking around and not imagine he/she lives somewhere in an invisible house in the district somewhere? Like where do you live? Oh, I live over there in one of those fake houses across the street from you. lol
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Love this. And your ability to make it work. 👍
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I just came here to say that I'm worried that the firefighters don't seem to be worried to put out my fires. They don't run or anything, they just go to the spot where the fire is happening real slow.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    Just noticed the outfit today after getting every thing in order after the patch. It is pretty well detailed. Not crazy about the lime yellow boots (as opposed to black/yellow or black), but its many swatches represent the different variations of it based on country and agency.

One thing I will say--why don't we get a European helmet? TS3 had it in CAS (despite not actually being able to be used as a part of the fully geared up "bunker gear" outfit for Ambitions firefighters when responding to a call); and the turnouts in the game are obviously the style used by European fire departments. And even some American departments are adopting them due to being considerably safer than the traditional design. While Federal Signal introduced the FH-1 in the late '70s, it was not used very much. However, some companies have modified the European designs to fit American standards. Amherst, MA is now adopting them as standard; perhaps the largest city so far to do it.

https://www.firehouse.com/safety-health/ppe/helmets/news/21083635/amherst-ma-firefighters-breaks-tradition-with-modern-helmets

https://us.msasafety.com/xf1firehelmets