Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Complaining About Crying Baby

I've got a Mummy acting as the child-care parent in the home. They never tire and I keep snacks and 'Shower in a Can' in their inventory so their needs are met. The most annoying part is that he spends so much time fussing about 'Crying Baby' that it takes forever for him to actually change the diaper, or feed them or whatever they need. Is there a trait that I can change to make him more accepting to the din of the nursery? Right now, he has: 'Family-Oriented', 'Bookworm' (came with the lifetime wish 'Professional Author'), 'Irresistible', 'Artistic' and 'Friendly' (I only had to change two of these).

Comments

• SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I've got a Mummy acting as the child-care parent in the home. They never tire and I keep snacks and 'Shower in a Can' in their inventory so their needs are met. The most annoying part is that he spends so much time fussing about 'Crying Baby' that it takes forever for him to actually change the diaper, or feed them or whatever they need. Is there a trait that I can change to make him more accepting to the din of the nursery? Right now, he has: 'Family-Oriented', 'Bookworm' (came with the lifetime wish 'Professional Author'), 'Irresistible', 'Artistic' and 'Friendly' (I only had to change two of these).

What?!? A mummy?!? That child is definitely going to be emotionally traumatized for life. :o:s:'(
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    > @SuzyCue72 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > What?!? A mummy?!? That child is definitely going to be emotionally traumatized for life. :o :s :'(

When I first read that I assumed the original poster was British and thought nothing of it. Then I saw your comment and looked back at it. So maybe.

But I've used a ghost as a babysitter and nothing went horribly wrong.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    Nobody has actually answered the question yet though. Are there traits that make a Sim freak out about "crying baby" instead of changing their diaper, or feeding them.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    Sorry for the bump, but STILL nobody has answered the question. I have a feeling the 'Family-Oriented' trait is responsible. It may be that it is making them more empathetic the the baby's/toddler's discomfort. If this is true, 'Family-Oriented' is a lousy trait for child-care.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @MadDoctor61 It seems to me that all Sims react negatively when babies and/or toddlers scream and cry, I don't think it has anything to do with what traits they have. I haven't conducted any in-depth research on the matter though, so it's not impossible that different combinations of traits could have different outcomes.

You could always try changing the mummy's traits and see if that makes any difference. If not it's probably better to hire a more suitable babysitter/nanny, and let the poor guy return to his crypt, or sarcophagus, or wherever he came from, and resume his peaceful eternal sleep.

21aUzSH.jpg