Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Too Needy?

Ok, I love playing the pets and having them in game but I feel like they are really needy like more so then actual pets in real life? Maybe it's just me? But having to like pet them etc like every 10 minutes or so is just a little annoying. Could just be me though. I still love the pets, I just kind of miss getting to control them and see what they were thinking or wanting.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    They are not in my game. I find them boring. They are just there minding their own business lol
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    honestly, if you just have food out for them, for the most part, they survive and can be ignored and there are no negative consequences if you don't walk, pet, or play with them. It's not like the pets can be taken away from neglect. My sims autonomously will interact with them and that is good enough. I don't feel the need to constantly have my sim attend to their pets.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    honestly, if you just have food out for them, for the most part, they survive and can be ignored and there are no negative consequences if you don't walk, pet, or play with them. It's not like the pets can be taken away from neglect. My sims autonomously will interact with them and that is good enough. I don't feel the need to constantly have my sim attend to their pets.

Actually, if you socially neglect your pet, they can become sad and run away.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Could just be me though. I still love the pets, I just kind of miss getting to control them and see what they were thinking or wanting.

Live with that limitation. Two cats in one household might be an option.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    They are quite needy in my game, but I have pets only in a few houses, and their personality will surely come into play. But even if their traits say they need attention or are playful etc., I think they should rest a bit more than they do. Was fun when the pack was new, but getting a tad annoying in the long run, and might be why I added pets only to about 5 households (meaning 65 played houses have no pet).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I actually like the pets and don't find them to be particularly needy. I give all animals the automatic feeder station and the laser zapping litter tray to cats, and dog goes outside. They get toys and the mouse in the hole and get some cuddles once in a while. Don't like that the dog is quite often sick, but otherwise they aren't very demanding.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I too don't find the pets overbearing. Get cats a food bowl, toy and litter tray and they should be fine. Dogs require a bit more attention as they need walking. My sims autonomously interact with pets but that could be because only cat/dog lovers get to own them.

Look at the many positives - pets can help solve some tense moodlets; dogs can dig up collectables for you and make you money; dog walking replenishes the fun need; feeling the love interaction earns bonus reward trait points.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ok, I love playing the pets and having them in game but I feel like they are really needy like more so then actual pets in real life? Maybe it's just me? But having to like pet them etc like every 10 minutes or so is just a little annoying. Could just be me though. I still love the pets, I just kind of miss getting to control them and see what they were thinking or wanting.

Me too and this is so frustrating, my pets live with my simself and her parents. My simself parents rarely care of them autonomously, so this is often my simself who does this but she is a policewomen she often come back home tired and exhausted and my pets got the social and the play bars red often. :| But no way to say goodbye to them.

I got the mod that allows me to play pets.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, I had this happen. That's why I find them a little annoying sometimes. lol My Sim was so sad when it happened so I want to try and not have that happen again.
    A_Mom wrote: »

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh, and I kind of almost want to get rid of my pet but I don't at the same time. I will be having my Sim have a family soon so it may be easier to make the pet happy. Is there and easier way to get rid of the pet without killing it or making my family sad by getting rid of it? I haven't fully decided yet though if I want to.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    My only issue with pets is the fact that they get sick so often.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Nah, I don't think so. Cats mostly take care of themselves and as long as you walk the dogs once a day they won't whine.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    @wylmite1986 you can transfer them to a household that you aren't playing with zero consequences.

As for pets being to needy... I think that it depends on the traits given. I have avoided some because of the needy factor. As others said an automatic feeder and a self cleaning litter box helps. I make sure to have wellness treats on hand in one sims inventory so I don't have to go to the vet for anything. Kids, toddlers, elders tend to automatically que interactions with them more than teens - adults.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    If anyone could answer.
    My dog no matter what trait I put is too needy. How do I make my dog stop being so annoying?
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I generally have 2 cats - they tend to keep each other entertained, so they aren't bothering my Sims incessantly.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Yes, I had this happen. That's why I find them a little annoying sometimes. lol My Sim was so sad when it happened so I want to try and not have that happen again.
    A_Mom wrote: »

I was bored one day and wanted to see how long it would take my sim family to drown. They had a dog and since they were all locked in the pool they couldn’t interact with the dog. It ended up running away and I felt so bad about that that went into manage households and transferred it to another family. I’m a sucker for dogs.

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Pets in the game are definitely needier than my real life pets. I wouldn’t mind having it toned down a bit.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2020
    I tend to have more cats than dogs - I love dogs but I they need more care and sometimes that doesn't fit in with my Sims family life.
    I have one family with 4 cats, and one of them is really clingy. She basically follows the Sims around the house and never leaves them alone. The others are far more independent.

Also I never realised you can get mouse holes in the game :o
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Yeah I agree they're too attention consuming. You don't have time to want to go and hang out with them because they're always hanging on your tail anyway.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    I tend to have more cats than dogs - I love dogs but I they need more care and sometimes that doesn't fit in with my Sims family life.
    I have one family with 4 cats, and one of them is really clingy. She basically follows the Sims around the house and never leaves them alone. The others are far more independent.

Also I never realised you can get mouse holes in the game :o

I totally take this back. All the cats are being a nightmare - they just don't leave my Sims alone, are always begging for food or attention and frequently get sick. I've had to stop them going into the bedroom because they keep disturbing their owners whilst they're sleeping. I decided to put one up for adoption in the end as it was just too much. I should have stuck with just 1 cat or gotten a dog XD
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes and no, dogs are needy, they want you to walk with them every few sims hours and asked you go potty as well, cat on other hand can be left on their own device.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yes, they're are needy my sims can't go anywhere without her dog or cat would be following her to the bathroom and now my sims on is vacation brought her her furbabies but won't stop bugging when after gave the attention. I don't them taken away but c'mon let my sims be adult for the night.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    They do seem very needy mine are rarely in the green on their icon and always want attention no matter what traits they have. Also the dogs always want walking all the time and then their is a separate issue of how long the dog walks take a short walk will take my sims at least 4 sim hours. I know a lot of people complain about how buggy dine out is but I find cats and dogs just as buggy. A lot of the bugs I encounter in my game are from this pack and rarely play pets for this reason. I think the excessive neediness is a bug.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member

I don't miss controlling the pets, on the whole, but I do find them needy. I mostly no longer have pets in my home, beyond fish, that in this iteration you don't even really need to feed. :open_mouth: I do miss the ability to have the large birds from Sims3. My celebrity Sim really loved his bird. But, yes, the pets tend to be very needy in this game. My celebrity has chickens, though. So, it's almost the same thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I have a glitched out pet or something. I just adopted a dog and for a few weeks everything was fine. I talk to the dog and pet them and hug them daily and their automatic pet feeder is set to the shortest time so their needs are never in the red.... I noticed only once the dog aged from puppy to adult things got weird: The dog forgot how to feed itself from the bowl and how to go outside to use the restroom, both without being told to do so. Then several times I would get a notification while my Sim was at work that the dog was in an emergency state and needed me, so I left work early. The dog just had to go to the bathroom... thats it. Now, I will make my sim sit and pet and cuddle the dog for hours and as soon as she is done the dog runs away. She has run away at least 4 times now.... I have no idea what else to do