Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer to play vanilla (no cc/mods) or mods/cc?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I love to build and decorate, so build/buy cc is a huge must for me. Mods and CAS cc though, I could probably live without if I had to since neither of those are really all that important to me.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I avoid build/buy objects as I like to build and upload to the gallery, often forgetting that I have a Custom Content sofa and use that and then I get stuck, wondering where my house is. For clothing, I mostly use Maxis match and try and keep it simple, making sure that nothing will break overtime or cause issues. Sucks I lose out on alpha hair, but the mix and match of it bothers me greatly. For gameplay mods, I use the Mod which we cannot mention, mainly for sweat on the bodies when working out, MCCC, UI cheats Extension, and a few quality of life mods.

Either way, I tend to rotate mods quite frequently between play throughs.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I use MC Command Center, roBurky's Meaningful Stories mod, a small handful of tuning mods (no non-spellcasters in the Magic Realm, stuff like that) and a default skin override. The main thing I use MCCC for is to set lifespan durations so they're more proportionate and increase difficulty.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Other:
    I go through phases. I will play with Maxis match cc (ONLY MM), but then I get tired of it and play vanilla for a while.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other:
    Other.

Always No CC

But in some saves I use MCCC and a foster care mod and one or two otehrs that go with my storyline. . Others I play vanilla. I like both ways.
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Other:
    Just mods.

I always end up dreading a patch day because it means I usually need to update my mods, and I have a lot of them.

iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I'm currently cleaning out my mods folder, but yeah I can't play long without mods and CC in my game. I've been addicted from the first time I played the Sims. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Other:
    i play both, right now i'm doing a vanilla game but sometimes i play with mods,
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    Bit confused that playing the game as sold is considered "vanilla" but w/e

It's not a pejorative. It's just a shorthand term to differentiate a game with mods or cc installed from one that isn't, and it's not by any means unique to the Sims.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited June 2020
    With Mods/Cc
    I love using Custom Content (Maxis Match), because it let's me add a little personality to my Sims as well as give me a variety of choices for hairstyles/clothing. I also love mods because MCCC allows me to adjust households, it allows more autonomous interactions so that my legacies can have surprise pregnancies and also can tweak alien abductions because Maxis made them non-existent and I enjoy playing with a balance of realism and fantasy in my game. <3
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    If you like to build, there just isn't enough to create unique houses. It's too much of the same over and over. I don't want the houses to look all alike with all the same furniture, windows etc. The same goes for the sims themselves.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    The game is not playable for me without mods. I like having some story progression, but more importantly, the endless pushups, water drinking, meals that take hours, the broken emotion system, the generic whims and thought bubbles, and on and on and on are just too annoying.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    Bit confused that playing the game as sold is considered "vanilla" but w/e

You say that as if I used vanilla in a negative way. It is a term that has been always/often used for playing a game without any extra downloads to enhance or better gameplay.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I couldn't play this game without mods! The sims are way too happy and shallow without them. And the mods for the Sims 4 are really well done and add a lot of gameplay.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    Honestly the only thing that will make me stop playing this game with CC is when they add substantially more options for men in the clothes, hair and facial hair department in CAS.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    With Mods/Cc

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    CC and script mods are what makes the game playable for me. Only downside I've ever had is a longer initial load time of the game (still less than sims 3) at about 15 mins but once loaded, my game plays smoothly without issue.
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I don't use CC for building. Very few CC for clothing, some CC for hair, makeup etc., mostly 3D lashes instead of those ugly "one big lash" thing and also CC eyes as the EA one are too cartoony for me.
    I also use some essentials mods, that mostly just "fix" the game - MCCC, kids being able to walk dogs, changing from winter clothes inside etc.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I use many mods, especially to deal with certain troublesome behaviour (mostly to stop autonomous actions). I use very few CC because I find there's usually something wrong with it (clipping, ugly edges, warp certain movements).
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2020
    I need MCCC, and ww for enjoyable gameplay, slice of life is just a fun dash of realism, those are my must have mods. BMD is also fun to play with for stories. Edgier Sims.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Vanilla
    Prefer vanilla but need nicer men hairs maxis doesn’t care much for men CAS. Also mccc is a must. I also have a couple of cc aspirations which make the game more fun. Plus I have a cc funeral event .... ok I have a lot of mods and cc !