Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco lifestyle's effect on cc

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited May 2020
    My expectation is “almost everything” will be broken mostly in mods department, but some CC as well:
    • CC walls/floors since these now have some additional parameters;
    • CC windows/doors due to new placement mechanics;
    • Plumbing & electronics CC since new upgrades to make them functional off the grid will be added;
    • Items which electricity/water consumption should be counted for bills purpose, probably won't be broken but won't be calculated properly I guess;
    • CC food. It wasn’t mentioned widely but I’m pretty sure I’ve spotted new option on the meal in sim inventory - add to favorite. Meaning cc meals will probably need an update for this and also for cc management feature;
    • CC plants and BrazenLotus Plants Overhaul due to new planters and ties to lot traits. Also for cc management feature (harvestables);
    • Probably all crafting cc, since craftables will have to be updated for new inventory management system;
    • Not quite CC but maps overrides since older maps received a facelift + pollution seemingly will be shown on maps.

Anyways currently I've removed everything but CAS defaults from my game. Which is always a good tactics during big patches.
    Post edited by Harukotyan on
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    If you disable your cc before the patch will that prevent any issues? Can you opt out of the update until we know more? I hope he gurus answer us soon
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    If you disable your cc before the patch will that prevent any issues? Can you opt out of the update until we know more? I hope he gurus answer us soon

You can keep playing the game without adding the patch. But next time you install a new pack, the game will get patched up to date.

To play without patch, start Origin, choose "Go offline", then start game from desktop. (not sure if game can be started from Origin when offline, I always start from desktop).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @alan650111 I can't imagine CAS CC being too affected! There aren't really any changes being made there, AFAIK - all of the changes being made to objects are BB.

@DaWaterRat (and anyone else!), the incredible @luthienrising always runs a broken/updated mods thread in the General Mods Discussion forum. If there are updates on anything, it'll be there.

The DU patch/update was 34 pages long, wonder if this one will beat that...

@Harukotyan ooh, I didn't even think of map overrides. They might just have the new UI (showing the footprint, sunbeams/smog) showing up where the game expects the neighbourhoods would be?

@EdithV you can absolutely do both! There should be an option to turn off automatic updates in Origin - hover over your username and open Application Settings, and it'll be under 'Client update'. Downside, you won't be able to add new packs without updating it, so if you want to play EL, you'll have to update it.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have decided that if the new patch will break all BB CC, I will not be updating my game anymore. If I have to chose between the builds I have spent months working on and some new features I never cared for to begin with, I will choose my work. I don't see myself getting any new packs - there are only three things I still wish for: personalities overhaul, more fleshed out relationships and dragons, none of those coming anytime soon if ever - so there won't be a real need for me to update ever again. I have fixes for all of my bugs, magic,vampires, Sulani and Windenburg - I am content.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's possible that they will simply have no effect at all. Then again, wooden objects and floors are being patched to be more flammable and your items will affect your bills differently. I'm not sure about clothes.

It may be a sign that you need to clean out your CC folders. You could find that you use less of what you've downloaded than you thought you did.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    @AngeliqueAdelaide. I suspect that little CC will actually break but that creators will need to update CC if they want it to be more/less flammable, contribute in either direction to Eco-Footprint, etc. I'm anticipating no more CC breakage than Cats and Dogs, and quite likely less. Mods, of course, are another story, as always. And it's worth noting that modders typically won't support non-updated games.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    @luthienrising
    I guess we'll all know more in few days time. I wasn't playing Sims 4 when Cats and Dogs came out, so I have no idea how bad it was, maybe I am overworrying like I too often do.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, it has been months since I last went online with my game so I have no problem waiting a bit longer.

Want to get a feeling for what is going to break and what is being updated before I go online again.

I am so so happy that I have my tumblr, I make a post for any CC or mod that I use so that I can find it again.

Still in the process of letting go of CC that I have’s used much or care less for.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I expect all mods to break, and all non clothing CC to possibly have issues after this patch. Next patch I expect CC clothing to break as CAS is getting an update for Nifty Knitting. Everything is getting an overhaul this summer.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    This might be a dumb question but please bear with me! I want to save a kitchen I made but it has so much stuff from The Kichen Stuff Pack (Harrie x Felixandre). If I upload the room to my library and then remove all CC, will the CC still be there if I place it again at a later date after confirming the CC is cleared? :sweat_smile:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @AngeliqueAdelaide IIRC Cats & Dogs broke counters (because cats & dogs can jump on them). I think it also hit bathtubs. So, things that had new interactions.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I don't know if I can live without my BB CC... ;_; If I have to remove BB objects my sims are barely gonna have any furniture left in their house.
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    With a regular patch would you just keep your mod folder as is and start the game usually? With this patch, should I take out my mod folder first, start the game, then restart with the mod folder restored - or does that make no difference whatsoever?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    With a regular patch would you just keep your mod folder as is and start the game usually? With this patch, should I take out my mod folder first, start the game, then restart with the mod folder restored - or does that make no difference whatsoever?

Take everything out. Add things back in as they get updated/or are confirmed that they're working.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm trying to psychologically prepare myself for this cc nightmare by way of accepting the fact that I may have to permanently say goodbye to some of my cc (sniffle), as well as preparing for the nightmare of trying to chase down any updated cc (if and when cc creators start updating their stuff).

I'm currently in the process of trying to purge stuff that I rarely ever use or just don't like anymore... but it seems I need to get way more strict with myself, it's just so hard to part with things when I'm thinking to myself: "But what if I might want to use this sometime later in the future?" I have to stop thinking like that, I have to just get rid of anything that I haven't used in the past few months whether I think I'm going to use it eventually or not.

Mods I'm not too concerned about because I don't have many of them and those all get updated regularly by the creators within days of any update (thank you modders!). But the simple fact of the matter is that every single one of my houses, community lots, households, and single sims are made from about 80% build, buy, and CAS custom content.

As much as I'm looking forward to all these great changes to the game (and the new EP), I'm also well aware of how much I'm not looking forward to all these great changes. *sigh*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    Has a guru not answered this yet
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

just sent a tweet to @simguruninja as well.
    Just hoping any of them respond, but I don't want to start spamming all the gurus.
    liliaeth wrote: »

just sent a tweet to @simguruninja as well.
    Just hoping any of them respond, but I don't want to start spamming all the gurus.

Thanks! Hope he’ll respond 😊
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member

I always take my entire mods folder out when installing a new pack or patch. It takes a few minutes but is worth a lot to make sure your game is running without mod folder content. If there is any problem later, you will then be sure where to find the problem. I have all my cc stored in subfolders, with one folder for typical mods, and regular cc as CAS and BB with many sub folders. Normally I will put all folders back in except the one with all mods. That's normally where the problem is, but sometimes regular CC can cause problems, too. Quite time saving to add those files in bulks and that they are already grouped.

Also backup your entire EA TS4 folder before any new install. If you'd hate losing your save, you should of course have a good backup routine in general, but before installments it's extra important. I recall back when a new pack actually deleted many simmers' game files by mistake.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'd completely forgotten about the chance for CC to be borked. I have a decent assortment and it looks like it'll be affected if past updates are anything to go by. I'm no stranger to razing my Sims games to the ground and building them back up, but this time I'll just move my mod folder for safekeeping for when CC gets updated/Sims 4 Studio releases a batch fix and start a new game CC-less.

If I actually manage to be happy without the CC, I may continue that way (I doubt it as there's CC I'm very attached to, but I could surprise myself).

Take everything out. Add things back in as they get updated/or are confirmed that they're working.

Thank you so much!

I always take my entire mods folder out when installing a new pack or patch. It takes a few minutes but is worth a lot to make sure your game is running without mod folder content. If there is any problem later, you will then be sure where to find the problem. I have all my cc stored in subfolders, with one folder for typical mods, and regular cc as CAS and BB with many sub folders. Normally I will put all folders back in except the one with all mods. That's normally where the problem is, but sometimes regular CC can cause problems, too. Quite time saving to add those files in bulks and that they are already grouped.

Also backup your entire EA TS4 folder before any new install. If you'd hate losing your save, you should of course have a good backup routine in general, but before installments it's extra important. I recall back when a new pack actually deleted many simmers' game files by mistake.

That's super helpful. Thank you. I'll do all of that tonight. I have all mods saved in subfolders too. Hope they won't cause too many issues. Gulp.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Think that I will keep very little of my CC and it will be fun to see new stuff coming out.

Ehh... a few months with Headspace and it is perhaps starting to pay of. Everything changes, the CC that works today will perhaps not work tomorrow. Let it go, there will be new CC and I do like hunting for new fun things.

Guess I will let my current sim take up meditation tomorrow.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Remember, a patch this size may change coding in unexpected ways, prepping up for the future. If almost every item has an effect on the environment, you should probably trash your entire CC folder. Remember things are being prepped up for the Juicer and Recycler, and Off The Grid is having a makeover if you had things for that.

You won't need Ladder and Firemen mods anyway...

I don't know what effect it will have on CAS items but keep in mind that we have the Nifty Knitting pack soon which will change the way you wear clothes, and this kind of patch preps up for that too. Also, we still don't know what the Game Pack is yet. Some people guess at an African Safari Vacation, which hasn't been done yet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.