Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer to play vanilla (no cc/mods) or mods/cc?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Vanilla
    Mods & MCC are horrible for Sims 4.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @SERVERFRA Why? So many people are having fun with it.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I would be bored out of mind if it wasn't for mods.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2020
    With Mods/Cc
    I don't play with any mods-not my thing. I only add CAS cc because I enjoy having a variety of CAS items to select from. I never have issues with after a game update because I always:

1. Remove the CAS cc folder
    2. Start the game
    3. Close the game
    4. Add back in CAS cc folder
    5. Restart the game and everything is fine
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Other:
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I think i played vanilla until I discovered these forums and learned about having mods/cc. Now I can't imagine my gameplay without them. Im ashamed of the size my mods folder lol.

I chose "Other" because whilst I do have CC installed I don't use them 99% of the time. I have them disabled. WHEN I use them it's only for apartments because I don't always share them on the gallery.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Vanilla
    Total vanilla. I don’t trust, or like having to update, mods
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I don't think I could play without mods, especially MCCC and UI Cheats!
  • anne5440anne5440 Posts: 3 New Member
    Vanilla
    For now I am playing Vanilla. I was in sims3 for years and used mods there. I am so new at playing sims4 that I want to learning before getting into mods. I am also new at this forum. I find many of your abbreviations impossible to understand. CC I think is custom content. But MCC, CAS, and on and on leave me totally lost. lol I am not against mods, it is just the stage I am at. there seems to be so much more to learn in sims4 than in earlier versions.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    If you had asked me at any point before the last two months I would have voted vanilla. (With the exception of using MCCC to spice up one of my saves lol) I never really like CC and I felt like I didn't really need any mods. Now that I've been getting back into regular play after about a 6 month break, I use some CC. I dunno I like the added creativity. I don't currently use any mods but that may change if I finally decide I do need the mod that allows you to copy worlds. That comes down to how my Family Man Challenge plays out lol.
    But even my CC use is limited. 95% of what I download is clothes.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I cannot play without mods. I don't keep my game online and I don't update until my mods are updated.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    Other:
    The only CC I have is the OMSP. I have thought about the MCCC and the TOOL mods but I am having too much fun with everything as is. Granted I have all the packs and I came back to The Sims around 2 years ago. I do feel the need for the TOOL mod sometimes but it's also more fun to find a work around.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited May 2020
    Vanilla
    @anne5440

Here's a link for a great guide to the game...
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/

CAS is Change a Sim/Style. It refers to the in-game Sim maker.
    CAP is Change a Pet. Same as above except Pet maker.
    MM Maxis Match. A Recolor of an item already available in the Sims.
    CC is custom content. Most of these items are made from the base 'mesh' to color. They are not made in any way by Ea.
    S4S Sims 4 Studio. Make your own MM.
    MTS: Mod The Sims. A non Ea mod site for the Sims.
    EP: Expansion Pack
    GP: Game Pack
    SP: Stuff Pack
    Those are the basic ones.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I have just a few actual script mods, but I have CC pouring from my ears! One reason I depend on CC so much is because I cannot afford to buy most of the packs, so I tend to use the same objects/clothing/hair over and over again when playing vanilla. CC is a great way to add variety without spending money!
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Other:
    I'm not big on mods, but there are a couple I have which offers some alternate sources of income which I use.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Other:
    Sometimes I play with mods but often times it's just easier to play without them and not not having to worry about updating things also I usually do a bunch of bug reports for the game and you can't get a good idea of what bugs are the game and what bugs are mods if you have mods in your game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Other:
    Sometimes I play with mods but often times it's just easier to play without them and not not having to worry about updating things also I usually do a bunch of bug reports for the game and you can't get a good idea of what bugs are the game and what bugs are mods if you have mods in your game

Especially if you have a ton of them. Good luck finding the culprit then. xD
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I use a few mods(MCCC,UI cheats,SOL,Meaningful stories).I've had them in my game for a while and i can't imagine playing vanilla...Today i decided to remove the latter 3 because of the upcoming patch, i went into live mode and it was pretty bland lol. I had truly forgotten how stupid the emotions actually are.Meaningful stories does a great job at revamping them a little imo.
    Regarding CC,i have a limited amount of items,which i could easily live without.
  • V1XENV1XEN Posts: 12 New Member
    Vanilla
    Vanilla for me. Never played with CC and I had a few mods in Sims3 but not for long. Played Sims3 without them and I don't want to be bothered with them in Sims4
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Vanilla
    Bit confused that playing the game as sold is considered "vanilla" but w/e
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Vanilla
    I have never used mods or cc and do not intend to change that :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I just have to have CC hair and skin - I can live with the maxis clothes, and shoes, even eyes. Oh hang on, no, the eyebrows are awful, gotta have my cc eyebrows too. For build mode, I often use the same cc wallpaper as it's so beautiful and I just don't like many of the wallpapers. Other than that - I could play it without any more cc. Gotta have those amazing CC skin and hair though.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I used to be a vanilla player until I realized mods could fix a lot of things I wish the game had.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I have over 3000 files of CC with a bunch of gameplay mod and I can't live without them.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Vanilla
    I've only ever played vanilla because I'd been avoiding the hassle, but I've been increasingly interested in using mods. I just don't know if I want to deal with all the trouble every month.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other:
    I play vanilla for now, not because I prefer it, but because updates and new packs break them. I will do what I did for S3 and wait till the last update has come and gone.