Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pride 2020 Content?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if we were going to be getting some new Pride content this year for June. I know a patch is set to drop June 2nd but I haven't heard anything but figured I'd see if anyone has heard anything! Thanks!

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i dont think so, unless the patch is supposed to be bigger than what we've seen in the livestream and the gamechangers
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I doubt it. Last year's partnership with the It Gets Better project was a special commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising, which was an inflection point in the fight for LGBT&c. equality.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe some new recolors or a top or something, but it isn't going to be a big one like last year.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    But why?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    But why?

Why not?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't see it happening, imo there isn't really any need for more pride related stuff
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Do we have Pride items for Toddlers?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Not something I've read about and I'm happy with the quantity of Pride content in the game.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I used a flag in my game and posted a screenshot on social media and I got hate. They said because I am straight and I should not use that flag. The picture showed Brent and Brant Hecking with the flag in the background. I didn't even post a caption. Just a pic. I was proud because I even looked up what flag was the right one to use at their house. I learned a lot and that's why I shared the screenshot. I had to delete the post because it went the wrong way. I don't think we need more content like flags because if used correctly or incorrectly it is always wrong for someone.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I used a flag in my game and posted a screenshot on social media and I got hate. They said because I am straight and I should not use that flag. The picture showed Brent and Brant Hecking with the flag in the background. I didn't even post a caption. Just a pic. I was proud because I even looked up what flag was the right one to use at their house. I learned a lot and that's why I shared the screenshot. I had to delete the post because it went the wrong way. I don't think we need more content like flags because if used correctly or incorrectly it is always wrong for someone.

@AnnLee87 I'm really sorry that you had that reaction - personally I think that's pretty awesome you took the time to learn about the flat and what it represents. I don't know what issue they took exactly but it sounds like they are the ones who need to amend their behaviour!
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hope not. Adding something every year is a bit ridiculous.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I don't think so..
    If you really want more pride content, give CC a try.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I was just curious.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    I wouldn't mind more rainbow content. Game could use more colors with it. I would love rainbow colored windows and walls and floors and pet swatches. Rainbows have always had a really positive impression on me since I was little even with not being apart of the LGBTQIA+ community. But I have friends that are and honestly very into human right representation in all aspects of the game especially towards our Simmers and Gurus. Like if I want disability representation and cultural representation in the game, I am fine with representation for other Simmers too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    They're adding a new lesbian couple to the game and the Eco pack I'm guessing that that's the pride month edition
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't think so :(

I would REALLY REALLY love to get some more. I would love to have some crazy colorful (full body) outfit, make up and maybe some hat.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    is pride stuff even an annual regular content drop?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Since there were no specific year printed on the items, they can be used at any point in time. So, I wouldn't count on new items being released. Other "holiday" themed stuff has been a one-time release as well, albeit there were additional items or new swatches of existing objects in the Seasons expansion.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    I don't expect the Sims team to do much this year. Probably just a few social media posts. It isn't really a milestone year for Pride, so not much fanfare. I am really pleased to see not one but TWO premade families headed by a lesbian couple in the new pack, and so that might be their nod to it being released during Pride month.

I'm actually surprised not many people are talking about how half of the premade families in this new world are lgbt+. We've had others thrown in here and there, but this is a first and it warms my gay little heart.

I wouldn't mind if they threw a few more lgbt+ households up on the gallery for us to download if we wished.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love to see them doing something to honour the LBGTQ Community again this year.

I love the sims that have been added for each pack recently in honour of the LBGTQ Community, We have Morgyn who is both genderfluid and I would guess intersex.

We have the lesbian couple whose names elude me in Island Living. Brent and Brant from Pets. I could go on and I love the diversity that more communities are being represented in the Sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Consider all the premades in all four iterations of the title over twenty years.

I can count all same sex couples and all trans/nonbinary/gender-fluid premades on my fingers, and have a thumb left over.

And that is from what is one of the most progressive, inclusive studios in the industry.

I appreciate all of it. I do. But that so little is such a big deal in gaming - that the industry is, by and large, still a hostile environment - is precisely why gestures like last year's special partnership and content matter.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited June 2020
    No need, I don't even use the bloatware they previously provided.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Hey, don't let people dictate what you do like that. They only have as much power over you as you give them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with showing appreciation and support the way you did. Be confident and stand by what you say and do - that generates respect. On social media, which can be a brutal place, we can't let people's comments sway us. If we do, then maybe we should consider stepping back and take better care of ourselves. People are always and have always been very busy telling others what they should and should not do. And it's some of the oldest nonsense as well. Pay no mind, post your flag and put yourself on ignore mode. Except when it comes to the good things - soak those up ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted