Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you think ea should do to get back simmers who will move to the paralive game?

what do you think ea maxi needs to do to get back simmers to the sims game sims4 and sims 5 in 2021 all players opinion welcome
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

what do you think ea should do to get back simmers who will move to the paralive game? 123 votes

add requested content to the sims4 by players
26%
magooo63amchristiankwanzaabotMariefoxprice83tiranakiJerrellopandouilleSYDNEYAUkristenleighwhiteMollyG1997annaliese39NikolaiBanksKociara4500Sheepilingmgregory162Komurasmurfy77SERVERFRALightningSparxCheetahAlyssa 32 votes
go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow
47%
AllearsCamkatSusanaLeotecandy8heiblumefruitsbasket101Cinebaralanmichael1KaeChan2089BimleSimOLDGREEKskybird14sikasika183PupDLSbryanovens2011simoneBabykittyjademannannaHarukotyanCsibeubi3 59 votes
launch a major survey poll to all players for the sims5 about what players would like and went in the sims5
8%
barracuda1574ldmarkoTeeSeaBettyboop55mariajane216Acarolina07afternoonbaboonMeerapandyCassieb95HSDev 10 votes
All answers feel free to post as well
17%
crocobauraStdlr9IceyJImyselfandme86WrenrySimsILikeSimsSimburianfriendlysimmersMoon_WillowApparentlyAwesomedavina1221smurf45bluetroshalomLatinaBunnySimFan298Pamtastic72MonaveilChicklet453681dearie_blossomAncientciv 22 votes

Comments

• 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    They need to look at what made 1, 2, and 3 great games. Keep the main sims 5 offline, single player. Have a separate online game for those that want. Bring back things like open world, Cast, the option for story progression. Design the game for the intended audience and not children like the sims 4 is designed for. No more toilet humor. Better personalities, more choices, more creative options, no goal oriented play.

With everything Paralives is promising Maxis is going to need to truly step up there game.
  • Imyselfandme86Imyselfandme86 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2020
    From what I've seen from Paralives and what I know about the current state of The Sims 4, Sims 5 better improve in just about every way and above all...give us, the player much more freedom to play, create and build the way we want to. Bring back the color wheel. Patterns were nice too. Open World, cars, a little less humor and a few more realistic elements would help. The humor of the Sims is part of its charm. Not asking to remove all of it, just tone it down some. Height customization, (if indie Paralives can do it, so can EA). That's just to name a few.

Bottomline, if Paralives turns out to be as good as it looks this early on and is also mod friendly (if mods are even needed)...there better be a really good, significant reason for me to pick up Sims 5. Paralives, so far has everything I've wanted in a "Sims Game" especially in the "build and buy" department and also what I've heard about their amazing personality system that that Alex and his team are implementing.

I am not a Sims hater, I've loved the Sims for nearly two decades. But I think the competition from a new life sim like Paralives is needed and long overdue. Sims 4 is not a bad game in my opinion, but I see opportunities everywhere for improvement and features still missing that should have been there from the start.

Oh yeah and an offline mode is absolutely required. Most of us go to the Sims to more or less escape the "real world"... Severing that connection to that real world is a must have for those who don't want to be connected.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    EA could probably buy them out if they are so scared of a little competition. Problem solved. :joy: Anyway, the Paralives game looks like it will have interesting features, but they have a small team and a very long way to go before they have a finished game.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Why a such question? Simmers are first people who got the right to play other franchises if they want to alongside with the sims.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I’ve always thought of Paralives as another Sims ripoff. They’ve obviously copied drawn inspiration over a lot of of features from this game. And I’ve always thought that I’m not really interested in another cash grab if they’re going down the EA route.

BUT looking at it objectively, I realize that the only things keeping me still playing this game are the attachment to the sims that I’ve made and the nostalgia factor. Deep down I know that playing The Sims has caused me a lot of frustrations. I can’t count the times I’ve thought to myself, “oh man this game would be so much better if I can do this or that” but I keep playing because I’ve already invested in a sim’s life (storytelling-wise) or house (when I’m building).

I’ll stick with this game if EA can somehow pull a miracle and make TS4 not as broken or boring as it is right now. I’m not even asking for a rehash of things they used to have from TS2 or TS3 or for them to take a page from Paralives’ book. If they can rework some base game features like they asked in that survey from some time ago, I’d be down for it. I just want another reason for me to genuinely want to keep playing.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    I’ve always thought of Paralives as another Sims ripoff. They’ve obviously copied drawn inspiration over a lot of of features from this game. And I’ve always thought that I’m not really interested in another cash grab if they’re going down the EA route.

Paralives didn't copy from The Sims. They're implementing near EVERYTHING the simmers have asked for including open world and being offline.

I can't emphasize it enough just how fed up more and more simmers are with TS4 and the way EAxis has been treating the loyal fanbase.

crocobaura wrote: »
    EA could probably buy them out if they are so scared of a little competition. Problem solved. :joy: Anyway, the Paralives game looks like it will have interesting features, but they have a small team and a very long way to go before they have a finished game.

I doubt very much that Alex Masse would allow his game and game studio to be under EA's control no matter how much money they throw at him. He knows they'll just destroy all that he's worked for. If he wants, there are other publishers he can go to.

It's a small team that is expanding. Did you know that when they introduced the first Parafolk, Maggie, that their monthly Patreon income jumped up significantly? They can afford to hire more staff. What's more, they've done quite a lot in the one year since Paralives has been announced.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Why a such question? Simmers are first people who got the right to play other franchises if they want to alongside with the sims.

i made this poll because paralive if it becomes popular might be a competitor for the sim so was just to also know the toughs on players sigh
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited May 2020
    EA doesn‘t have to do anything because Paralives is most likely never going to get released. They posted a road map today after certain things happened and it‘s a joke really. I‘m not a hater btw. I‘m a patron and I‘m considering to cancel my pledge.

Edit: Paralives is in very, very early stages of development. I‘d be surprised if it gets released before The Sims 6 tbh.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    EA doesn‘t have to do anything because Paralives is most likely never going to get released. They posted a road map today after certain things happened and it‘s a joke really. I‘m not a hater btw. I‘m a patron and I‘m considering to cancel my pledge.

Edit: Paralives is in very, very early stages of development. I‘d be surprised if it gets released before The Sims 6 tbh.

I was just about to say this...
    A lot of people are dropping out after that incident.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    What was the incident?
    Edit: Apparently an employee got fired.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited May 2020

I doubt very much that Alex Masse would allow his game and game studio to be under EA's control no matter how much money they throw at him. He knows they'll just destroy all that he's worked for. If he wants, there are other publishers he can go to.

It's a small team that is expanding. Did you know that when they introduced the first Parafolk, Maggie, that their monthly Patreon income jumped up significantly? They can afford to hire more staff. What's more, they've done quite a lot in the one year since Paralives has been announced.

I don't really know what his plans are and how much drive he has to finish it on his own terms. But from the picture released they just appear a lot like stage dressing. Like in the picture you have in your signature, there are two monitors placed on top of books. And in another clip they released there was a bra flung over the stair rails. I am not too familiar with game development, but that to me appears like an awful lot of detail, like something you would do with Poser. It would be nice if he showed their character interact more with the environment, like not walk into walls, drink coffee and what not. They have been focusing on building the environment but it would be nice to see how the characters behave in that environment. A lot of people are dissatisfied with TS4 because of the way sims behave, so I think it's unrealistic to assume that Paralives will indeed be a better game, especially at this stage in its development. Not to mention that many people want different things and play their games differently.
    Post edited by crocobaura on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

The team still gets a lot of funding.Its not going to take take them years.My estimate is they are probably going to finish that game.Around Sims 5 be launch.They are expanding the team.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

The team still gets a lot of funding.Its not going to take take them years.My estimate is they are probably going to finish that game.Around Sims 5 be launch.They are expanding the team.

It‘s going to take them years. Just take a piece of paper and write down on the left side what they have so far and on the right side what they still have to do (they made a lot of promises!). Next do some easy mathematics. If the left side took 1-3 people almost a year to do then how long will it take for up to 10 people to do the right side.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    edited May 2020

It‘s going to take them years. Just take a piece of paper and write down on the left side what they have so far and on the right side what they still have to do (they made a lot of promises!). Next do some easy mathematics. If the left side took 1-3 people almost a year to do then how long will it take for up to 10 people to do the right side.

I know it's going to take them years.But I think in three years they will have the game available.Silly me I meant it is not going to take a decade.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    At this point I don’t think they have to worry about it. Nobody has seen even a whisper of game play. They have revealed some build features and one character and a lot of background art. The reveal of Maggie came off as a CGI cartoon to me. Where was the outfit catalog? I know they showed the color wheel for hair, but where was the catalog of styles? Same for the clothes no catalog, different editable categories potentially, yes but where were these outfits chosen from? There was no interaction between Maggie and her environment either.

They have made a lot of promises and I have yet to see anything that looks like actual delivery, because as I said so far everything I have seen looks like really good CGI animation and nothing more. Now their team is very publicly falling apart and one ousted dev seems to imply that all is not as it seems development wise. Time will tell.

As for The Sims, I think they should keep on keeping on. The game is getting better as time goes, and especially it seems since they dropped support for 32 bit computers. I believe this iteration is meant to go on for awhile yet, and now that most or all of the traditional iconic packs are out, it looks like the game is going to fill out now with some things that are loved from the past, and new unseen features a and themes as well and frankly I am here for it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    What I think that EA should do:
    • Change your marketing, find a way that you can appeal to both older and newer players. Right now it feels like you are focusing a lot on getting newer players.
    • Make sure that Maxis can make the most requested features that people want with the sims. People who have played the older games should not feel that they are getting less. If the sims5 is under development, it should not be difficult for them to make something as simple as a ladder in the game. Invest in new tech and people that can help them make these features easier and better.
    • Find a way to please both your shareholders and the people who play your game, take more risks, take longer to make the packs better and bigger, don't drag the content out into small packs so that you can get your money back quicker.
    • Invest more in Maxis, hire more people, increase their budget, give them more time to make content for the sims.
    • Support your game better. Less bugs and broken features like careers that will stop working or situational outfits that are a mess. Invest in more people that work on bug fixing and improving the game, it should not take 6 years to get firefighters. We should not have open bugs reports that are three years old on Answer HQ and have never been fixed.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    Not enough information about either Paralives or TS5 has came out to really make me have a solid decision as of yet. Looks like Paralives due to using the Unity engine, may not be as moddable as TS4. The Parafolk aren't really as photorealistic as I like.

First of all, the elephant in a room. Don't make The Sims 5 an online game loaded with microtransactions as most of the EA catalog is today. You should've learned from your mistakes with Sim City 2013, that resulted in online multiplayer being dropped from what would become TS4. A lot of my criticism comes from the engine; and the fact that the game is stripped down to run better on servers.

I think for as long as possible, patches (and even packs) should update the game to whawt TS4 should be--a game that is improved from its predecssors. With the June patch, we are finally getting some NPCs that should've shipped with the game from the start (firefighter, garbageman, repo guy) and a never-before-seen system that makes the bill system accurate and realistic. Worlds are also getting some changes. Cars have been rumored (not yet confirmed), and it is probably just a matter of time before cops and burglars return.

Cartoon Sims is something I'm not very crazy about. I think a photorealistic model should be used.

In all honesty, I think younger folk (and I'm not that old myself, 23) are more interested in free-to-play mobile games. TS5 should focus more on the long-term fans of the series, as if they goof up royally with TS5; they may loose that fan base, while failing to reach the preteen female audience they've been considering as the main players of TS4. If done right, I will buy it.

TS5 should be able to blend the good of TS1-4. TS2, in my opinon, has the best Sims. They are the most lifelike of all the iterations of Sims. Nightlife not only added a great attraction system, but also cars like they have never been since. Likes and dislikes, as well as turn-ons and turn-offs haven't been seen since. TS3 not only has open world, but the color wheel and more traits, as well as favorites. TS4 has a very easy-to-use UI for CAS and Build/Buy. It's got a few small things as well I like; and is sort of getting better in 2020. Some new features would be great to further improve the CAS and UI. One feature I have always wanted, since most of my Sims are based on actual people (not something I just make up), I'd like the ability to upload a photo to the game, and have it make the Sim. Sometimes, frustration with CAS takes the fun out of the game.

If TS5 is a case of "too late, already baked" and is now in mature stages of development and is an online, microtransaction-laden mess--EA better invest in remastering the older games to run better on modern PCs and convert them to 64 bit. TS2's 800x600 resolution is hated by newer ultra HD monitors, but it runs OK. TS3 is very intensive on hardware, and today, even low-end computers have more than the 2GB of RAM it could utilize at most. Thus, it tends to run poorly.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think Maxis should return to the roots which they didn't actually do with TS4. As far as people dropping any support for Paralives, that's rather funny to me. Because in all the years of EA's bad reputation which has owned Maxis/The Sims since 1997 I didn't see anyone express outrage over any fired employee enough to stop buying their games. Not even when we all read the diary of the digrundled wife of a developer and the horror stories of no pay for overtime etc. That's really ironic so many express selective outrage at such a little Indie game. When they've had plenty of reason to drop or stop 'supporting' EA/Maxis all these years. But they didn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2020

i made this poll because paralive if it becomes popular might be a competitor for the sim so was just to also know the toughs on players sigh

So a competitor is always good you know you don't have any fears about EA either about the sims.If Paralives becames more popular than the Sims in the future, it'll push EA and the gurus to an other level of creativity and probably they 'll finally listen to us? Look at what's happened to all games of Android, they are a lot of competitors and even fifths that copy cats the most famous games for their account, are they ruined the main franchise they stole? Absolutely not.

So they are nothing to chit-chat at the moment, so much expectations with Paralives which are still under developement at the moment, let's see when it will be fully released and sold .
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited May 2020
    It really depends on the amount of competition paralives really is to the sims. It's not even out yet so we don't know. And it will most likely be the case that most people will just end up getting both. But usually competition is good because it forces companies to be more innovative to stay ahead. However I can also just see the Sims 5 going in a completely different direction as paralives is and coexisting within different niches of the life simulation genre. For example if paralives focuses on primarily realistic game play the next sims game might decide to differentiate itself by being more silly and fantasy based. (Imo Let's go all the way back to basics and make a hd sims 1, all quirky all the time if i want real life I'll go outside)

I knew that as soon as Paralives becomes a real threat to The Sims that discouragement and mud slinging was going to start. This is how it is with TS3 being the superior game over TS4. People would constantly say bad things about TS3 but not mention that those things are fixable or customizable or not even true. Now it's happening with Paralives.

I think the best thing to do is go to the Paralives website and take a look at it for yourselves and not listen to anyone else. For example, the statement that a lot of people dropped their Patreon support for Paralives ISN'T true.

They lied about TS3 to discourage people from buying it instead of the inferior TS4, they will lie about Paralives too. And when Paradox Tectonic reveals their game, they are going to get attacked even more because they are the real threat against The Sims franchise.

I DON'T WANT The Sims franchise to be the only option we have because EAxis will just continue churning out poor quality work at exorbitant prices. So let's continue to support and encourage the competition to develop the best life simulation games they all (including EAxis) possibly can.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited May 2020
    First of all, The Sims is not going anywhere. An indie game will not end a million-dollar franchise.

Second, people are getting their hopes up way too high. I know people are upset with The Sims 4, and they want a really good game to play, but we all should know by now that the higher your hope is, the more likely they are to fall in a fiery ball of disappointment. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but look at the community now. Yelling like children at the gurus because a fake Farming leak got their hopes up.

Third, The Sims 5 isn't guaranteed to fix anything at all. It'll be made by the same people who made the game we have backed by the same money-hungry company that uses The Sims franchise as a cash grab. What really makes you think it'll be better? We'll just be buying more of the same stuff that's been in every single iteration of the game for the past 20 years. It might be better than The Sims 4, doesn't mean it'll be good.

Fourth, the Sims 4 isn't unfixable. They're adding three NPC's that have been requested since the game's release in the next update, along with ladders, an advanced bill system, and the ability to place doors and windows on half-tiles and to alt place them. On top of that, it's a pre-expansion patch, and it seems to be a pretty solid one too. It may not suit your playstyle, but you can't deny that it really is an expansion. This means things are getting better, and since this is the "Off-the-Grid" Expansion we've been waiting for since Island Living, it means the gurus are listening, even if they don't explicitly tell us.
    funny-gifs20.gif

First of all, The Sims is not going anywhere. An indie game will not end a million-dollar franchise.

Cities: Skylines did. It blew away SimCites.

Second, people are getting their hopes up way too high. I know people are upset with The Sims 4, and they want a really good game to play, but we all should know by now that the higher your hope is, the more likely they are to fall in a fiery ball of disappointment. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but look at the community now. Yelling like children at the gurus because a fake Farming leak got their hopes up.

They've been dissatisfied from years and years of begging the devs to listen to their complaints and requests and not being heard most of the time. And they get so little trickling back for all that effort. And you're going to look down on them and say they're like children for reacting to what looked like the best news in the longest time? This is why no one trusts EA.

Third, The Sims 5 isn't guaranteed to fix anything at all. It'll be made by the same people who made the game we have backed by the same money-hungry company that uses The Sims franchise as a cash grab. What really makes you think it'll be better? We'll just be buying more of the same stuff that's been in every single iteration of the game for the past 20 years. It might be better than The Sims 4, doesn't mean it'll be good.

TS1 through TS3 are amazing games largely made by the same people or overlap of people. I would agree with you if those iterations were just as bad as TS4, but they're not. So there is hope that TS5 will get right back to the way TS1 through TS3 were made. When those iterations came out, no one had a problem buying them over again because each one was different enough to keep things fresh. But TS4, I don't know what happened - all the stuff they copied aren't as good as in previous iterations and the new stuff doesn't have any "Wow!" factor. What TS5 needs are new ideas people and better devs that will quality check for bugs.

You're also making those sad assumptions because that is what TS4 is doing to you. But fortunately, I don't play TS4 and don't have that mindset.

Fourth, the Sims 4 isn't unfixable. They're adding three NPC's that have been requested since the game's release in the next update, along with ladders, an advanced bill system, and the ability to place doors and windows on half-tiles and to alt place them. On top of that, it's a pre-expansion patch, and it seems to be a pretty solid one too. It may not suit your playstyle, but you can't deny that it really is an expansion. This means things are getting better, and since this is the "Off-the-Grid" Expansion we've been waiting for since Island Living, it means the gurus are listening, even if they don't explicitly tell us.

That's just putting makeup on a pig. What is unfixable is the core gameplay: sim AI, emotions, doing what they're suppose to do, better traits, etc. etc. That is the most important thing and is what made the previous iterations so beloved that people continue to play them 20 years in (TS1), 15 years in (TS2) and 10 years in TS3). If TS4's core gameplay was so fixable, the devs would have done it a long time ago.

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    That's just putting makeup on a pig.
    LOL, my opinion of TS3 sims in general. All mix of pudding and jello.

Once upon a time , there was very loved TS2 creator who made lost of stuff to Sims2, she was called crispsandkerosene. Even at today, her free creations are overly used, and she was the only one who made so many conversions!

Needles to say her name is Roxanne.

Paralives with overly cartooned Maggie is a joke.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    That's just putting makeup on a pig.
    LOL, my opinion of TS3 sims in general. All mix of pudding and jello.

That's purely subjective. I personally don't have an issue with the way the sims look in TS3 because that's not the most important thing. What's more important is that its gameplay works for the most part and why people still play it or have come back to it after giving up on TS4. You can't say the same thing about TS4. The gameplay and sims in TS4 are extremely shallow and that's why people get bored of it so quickly. So yeah, adding stuff to TS4 without fixing the core gameplay is just like putting makeup on a pig - the added stuff won't make the game any better.

Also, if you looked at many of the TS3 players' avatars with TS3 sims on them and the screenshots in the TS3 section, they're actually very good looking so what your claim isn't even accurate.

Once upon a time , there was very loved TS2 creator who made lost of stuff to Sims2, she was called.... (blah, blah, blah that has nothing to do with the topic at hand)....

Paralives with overly cartooned Maggie is a joke.

You obviously don't understand game development, but the current graphic style of Maggie is in pre-alpha and not the final look. They needed a quick prototype to work on as they develop the parafolk's animations and AI. The final art design will be much better.

Just look at the world and object designs when Paralives was just started - they were very basic, but the design of the environment now are amazing. Everything has dynamic movement and light - plants swaying in the wind and the glow from a TV dancing, for example.