Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Sims 5 is truly coming out, what is your top 4 requests?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    100% free starter pack with:
    Seasons
    All Pets
    All Festival Events
    All Schools & Universities
    All Vacation Spots with Resorts
    Better Larger Worlds
    Playable Beaches with lake swimming
    Dark Gothic neighborhood
    Lots of background tree landscapes
    Playable Babies
    Tweens
    Shorter Teens
    Middle Aged
    Young Seniors
    Height Slides
    Hand Slides
    Great-Grandparents
    Half-Siblings
    Step-Siblings
    Step-parents
    Step-Child
    2nd Cousins
    Better Traits
    Better Toggles
    Better CAS

Otherwise I'll just stick to Sims 4.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    All of the above and primarily for me a good financial system of payment, pensions and inheritance and maybe a political system too.

Most of this must be in place in the base game which I expect will take about 5 years with all this lot included!
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. Open World
    2. Story Progression
    3. Seasons as a feature in the base game from the start
    4. Something new that's actually impactful or revolutionary. Gradual aging and different heights would be neat.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    1. Seasons in base-game
    2. Occult sims (Aliens and plantsim included) in basegame
    3. Openworld and travel between worlds
    4. In depth personalties, wants/fears, backstories and pre-made relationships like in Sims 2
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    1) OPEN WORLD!!!
    2) CAS
    3) Story progression (I’m good with optional)
    4) Sims with depth (better personalities, emotions,etc)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    1. As few problems and bugs as possible.
    2. A game that is good enough to play without mods. Mods should give you something extra that you want. Not to fix problems in the game because EA is being careless. Where every time there is a preorder for a new pack I let my husband know I'm getting it right away because I am so excited for a new pack. Packs that actually feel complete when they come out instead of oops I think we forgot something vital. Plumb it lets ut it out on time and we can figure it out later. No oops, I'm sorry packs. I'm waiting on the oops I'm sorry pack dedicated to aliens. With alien foods, clothes, skin details, skins, build and buy items, skills, traits and aspirations. Really there needs to be a serious revamp on aliens and a really sincere sounding apology on their behalf. Nothing superficial, careless and rushed
    3. Traits meaning something and real traits (video gaming is not a real trait and shouldn't be classified as one).
    4. Interesting gameplay options. I play mainly occult sims and once in a blue moon non-occult sims. I understand not everyone is on team occult and I respect that. Story progression and consequences for my sims actions.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • I-Am-Unicorn123I-Am-Unicorn123 Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. Strong personality— a combination of Sims 3 style traits and aspirations (maybe tiered like Sims 4, but with the variety and difficulty of 3), Sims 2 wants & fears, and (expanded on) character values from Parenthood— which play a big role in gameplay (attraction, relationships, satisfaction earned). It would also be nice for a more in-depth way of redeeming satisfaction/lifetime happiness points for rewards. It shouldn't be easy to make a sim with a 100% perfect personality, so maybe limiting positive traits and values like Sims 2 / fatal flaws from The Sims Medieval could make a return. Also, mental illness and disabilities but EA would never.
    2. Plenty of content for babies, toddlers, children, teens, and elders in the base game (actual daycare, retirement homes, different school options for children and teens depending on the world (maybe even boarding school?), hobbies, activities, school events (doesn't have to be playable), events that aren't rabbit holes, discipline system, stronger ties to aunts/uncles/cousins/grand and great grandparents). Basically, we shouldn't need a parenthood/generations pack.
    3. More "normal" careers, community lots, and a retail/restaurant system in the base game. Careers should have influence on your "world". Books you write should show up, politicians should be able to set laws, teachers should have some relationship with your students, Clothing/grocery stores, hospitals, movie theaters, schools, and workplaces should exist on the map, even if they aren't able to be entered. I also think apartments and roommates (not necessarily large cities and skyscrapers) should be in the base game. It should feel like the sims are living in an already established world (I miss 2&3's flavor text so much)
    4. Make customization easier for the player! A color wheel/create a style would be fun, but not necessary especially if it trades off with major lag. I would like something like the Body Shop built in to make CC easily, and possibly even use an EA sponsored gallery-like system to share it? In-game, I think they should expand on 4's build mode and aesthetic, . I also think the ability to create and share neighborhoods/worlds is very important (like Sims 3 CAW but accessible to new players)

Other things that I think should be in the base game but aren't my 100% 1st priority
    1. Seasons (or at least weather) and a calendar system like the one patched into S4
    2. Pets (or at least fish/hamsters) and other animals even if they aren't playable.
    3. A simple university/higher education system that either works like a slightly more in-depth S3 boarding school (with occasional pop-ups and options similar to controlling off-lot sims in S4), and/or a local community college that plays pretty much the same as high school.
    4. Gradual height/aging
    6. (Assuming everything from S4 carries over) In CAS: the ability to set pronouns-in addition to everything from the gender update in S4- representation for more cultures (hijabs! afro-textured hairs!), braces/acne, piercings, tattoos, body hair, scars
    7. (Assuming everything from S4 carries over) In Build Mode: less technology-dependent objects (newspapers!), bunk beds, ladders, spiral stairs, the bed scoot thing, more craftable objects, terrain tools

Misc
    1. any pack w a destination world should let you run hotels as a business.
    2. all occults should be toggleable
    3. a fame pack should have acting & singing together
    4. i would love an entire EP dedicated to playable school where you can make a lot of meaningful decisions

also, please make it mac friendly
    Post edited by I-Am-Unicorn123 on
    oh god i really did make this account when I was 11 and it shows
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    100% free starter pack with:
    Seasons
    All Pets
    All Festival Events
    All Schools & Universities
    All Vacation Spots with Resorts
    Better Larger Worlds
    Playable Beaches with lake swimming
    Dark Gothic neighborhood
    Lots of background tree landscapes
    Playable Babies
    Tweens
    Shorter Teens
    Middle Aged
    Young Seniors
    Height Slides
    Hand Slides
    Great-Grandparents
    Half-Siblings
    Step-Siblings
    Step-parents
    Step-Child
    2nd Cousins
    Better Traits
    Better Toggles
    Better CAS

Otherwise I'll just stick to Sims 4.

You really streched that four out huh 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Oops I got carried away.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    1) open neighborhood (no open world for me)
    2) real emotions and reactions
    3) more family game play, without extension packs like seasons, there isn't much to do as a family
    4) story progression outside the family, I want my sims who move out have jobs and get married like they're real people. I had remove some Sims from my family so they can have a life on their own as an NPC or get adopted by another family.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    1. Sims 4 graphics
    2. Sims 4 style Sim personalities/emotions
    3. Non-Mutual Relationships
    4. New life stage for EVERY year of a sims life (1 year old diff from 2 year old etc)
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    1.) Create-A-Style, even if it's not as extensive as it was in TS3. I just want more options. Especially for things like beds and curtains!
    2.) Larger worlds that are more customizable.
    3.) Not so much separation of basic content by packs and updates, like TS4 did with toddlers and pools, and just general buy/build mode content.
    4.) Sims' personality more detailed, their motions and actions more life-like, like in TS2.

And, just a thought: I love build mode in TS4, but I think it would be really cool if we could adjust wall height by room instead of by floor. That way you could have dormers that look more like dormers, and just more interesting dimension to buildings in general. Also, round walls. We have round fences; why not round walls?
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2020
    1- better personalities
    2- open neighborhoods and travel between worlds
    3- mysterys and plots like sims 2
    4- color wheel (well used)
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    1) Cars (They can just get in and disappear. They don't have to be mobile.)
    2) Garage Doors
    3) Spiral Stairs (Stackable)
    4) Bunkbeds
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    1) Seasons in base game (with deep snow!).
    2) If my sims cheat, I want drama and consequences!
    3) Likes and dislikes in base game.
    4) Don't let it be another TS4! Lets not go down this path again.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    1. better triats/ deeper personalities
    2. more family style gameplay. flushed out toddlers,children, and teens
    3. a semi open world. meaning you can go next door without a loading screen but to leave the neighborhood would mean a loading screen. something between the sims 3 full open world and sims 4 closed world
    4. a color wheel for hair and skins
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    1. Open World
    2. Advanced Creative Tools (CAW & CASt/Color Wheel)
    3. Innovative and FUN! Live Mode Gameplay
    4. Single Player, Offline
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. Open world/ Immersive world traveling (like traveling from world to world by car on highway)
    2. Story Progression
    3. Life Issues (gota have realism/ drama)
    4. VR/ First person support because IMMERSION RULES!!! + because it would benefit the reincarnation challenge. :)

I wonder... If life issues and world traveling was a thing, does that mean car accidents would become a thing? LOL!
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. NPCs like in the Sims 1 and 2 that are completely over the top and also not just randomly assigned townies (gorilla climbing out of a cake for example)
    2. Toggles for age groups, like being able to go straight from baby to elder if i desire or being able to change the length of individual life stages like in 3)
    3. Magic for children
    4. Likes/dislikes and an attraction system

Edit: Oops I wrote 5 instead of 4 (5 was CAW)
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    1. Deep personalities and relationships. Memories. Good AI. Unrequited relationships. Turns ons/offs. Complex personal histories. Just. PERSONALITY.
    2. Story progression (toggleable)
    3. Open world (but not empty like Sims 3, and travel between worlds)

This next one will be controversial, but what the hell. I’m feeling controversial today anyway.

4. The end of “households”. The ability to live in world without living on any property. Which sims you control is determined by the player, not the address. You can control just one sim living in a big family household or control the whole family, control family members when they move out, or control Sims in different lots (or with no home lot!) simultaneously. Maybe I want to build a cul de sac with five families and control only one child from each family any tell the story of their friendship. Maybe I want to control 3 different disillusioned housewives while their families run amok. I want the end of “household” as the default. You can still play in one house with full control over all the sims in that house! That option is still there! I just want an open world with other options, so I can tell simultaneous stories without needing rotation, and so I can let go of control of household members (for the challenge) without keeping them in my UI. And for REAL homelessness.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    4. The end of “households”. The ability to live in world without living on any property. Which sims you control is determined by the player, not the address. You can control just one sim living in a big family household or control the whole family, control family members when they move out, or control Sims in different lots (or with no home lot!) simultaneously. Maybe I want to build a cul de sac with five families and control only one child from each family any tell the story of their friendship. Maybe I want to control 3 different disillusioned housewives while their families run amok. I want the end of “household” as the default. You can still play in one house with full control over all the sims in that house! That option is still there! I just want an open world with other options, so I can tell simultaneous stories without needing rotation, and so I can let go of control of household members (for the challenge) without keeping them in my UI. And for REAL homelessness.

Hmmm.. controlling one sim while the Ai controls the rest is a cool idea, I also wished it was possible to have a option to have all sims being under full Ai control while I watch one of them in first person doing whatever they want; THUS! in VR I can watch them live their lives in first person and also rage at them if they do something stupid such as being dumb and catching on fire and failing to save themselves and dying and me rage and screaming FFFFFfffffffff**************! then throwing my PC or console out of my window. LOL! I call this mode Spectators mode, I would find it amusing to do since sometimes I like to observe sim life play out on it's own. I kinda do this with sims 3 through NRAAS Master control and NRAAS story progression with selectability (unsure if spelt right) disabled + I need a ghost around as a controlled sim, then had to mess around with some parameters in nraas story progression in order to get the sim to travel around and visit sim lots and do whatever they want.

If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • lowkeynoozyylowkeynoozyy Posts: 1 New Member
    1. Better relationship system, more complicated (especially romance)
    2. Better babies, maybe one or two more life stages (such as one between child and teen, and another between adult and elder?)
    3. Harder lives, more obstacles for Sims (To make the game more realistic)
    4. More mod-like things in base game, such as puberty or teen pregnancy (Again, to make the game more realistic)
    Of course, I have many more suggestions, but these are just the four that I thought of first. I do agree with most of the things already commented as well.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    1. More attention to babies, toddlers and children. Maybe even Elders too! Maybe not necessarily in the base game, even an expansion pack like Generations for The Sims 3.
    2. Make the emotions more stable so they don't flip from one to the other so quickly.
    3. Better AI.
    4. In general make the game more fleshed out so whatever is included in the base game is well done and thought out. More variety in the animations and include fun little details like in The Sims 2 would be nice too. Include basics like toddlers, pools, firefighters & ladders in the actual base game rather than bring them out in later packs or updates.

Saying all this, I honestly don't envy the devs. It's impossible to please everyone, but hopefully they learn from the mistakes they've made.

Also, please please DON'T make it compulsory to play online

(wow, once you start it's hard to stop >.< )
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Open world
    Good genetics
    Story Progression
    CASt

But to be honest I am never going to move on from TS3. If it gets to the point where modern computers are no longer able to play TS3 I will find another game to fill my time but it probably won't be a life simulation game unless some other company develops something I think is worth trying.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2020
    1. Open world with large neighborhoods
    2. Seasons, weather, and pets in base game
    3. More realistic traits and emotions for Sims, not the glassy-eyed dumb grins all the time
    4. Modern graphics, not so cartoonish and flat
    Post edited by Stdlr9 on