Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I keep my gameplay smooth

Alright so I noticed something.
Whenever I start a new family my game runs like its supposed to.
As the family progresses my gameplay gets laggy. How can I have smooth gameplay even after my sims start to age?

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Same problem here. Anyone can help ?
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I don't think you can. Your savegame is too big. Do you have many families or just 1?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    I don't think you can. Your savegame is too big. Do you have many families or just 1?

What is considered “too big”?
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Hi @Minai. I often find that deleting the "localthumbcache.package" and a 'Repair Game' in Origin do wonders for a slightly laggy/buggy game which has been running a while. Just ask if you need more help..
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Hi @Minai. I often find that deleting the "localthumbcache.package" and a 'Repair Game' in Origin do wonders for a slightly laggy/buggy game which has been running a while. Just ask if you need more help..

Also your scratch folder. That helps as well.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    Thanks a lot guys!!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Moving screenshots and extra saves out of the Sims folder helps me a lot.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sometimes turning off Origin in game or playing in offline mode can help too.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Also, your library, if you have a lot of gallery finds or builds, it can slow down your game. I keep mine pretty empty by moving my tray files to another place.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If slow loading times are hitting you between lots, that can be a result of having overridden the built-in relationship culling system. Consider turning that off. Using MOO a lot in build, especially with interactable objects, plus CC with tons of slots, can slow down gameplay on lots.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Many items in Sims and household inventories can also slow down your game.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    And for console owners? How do we clean up the files? :/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    And for console owners? How do we clean up the files? :/

The game is slow on console too even with no mods or CC? Whoa
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I get this weird slow down or moments when Sims are waiting to do something. Lots of times I get a message about something before the animation had finished playing. For example I knew I won the magic duel before it was even over because the notification told me what item I won.

I think it's that simulation lag glitch/bug we hear about. Most of the time though it's pretty smooth but load times are getting long.