Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco lifestyle's effect on cc

liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
I was just starting to wonder, but with the addition of objects being more or less flammable, or materials being more or less eco friendly, what effect do you think this will have on cc?
I mean, i remember that a lot of cc needed to be updated after cats and dogs, will the same be the case after eco lifestyle?

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    All my wall-CC and floor-CC :#

They use to be able to just surf through updates.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Exactly, I use a lot of cc for walls and floors, and I'm actually more worried about those, than I am about my other mods. I mean mcc usually updates fast enough that it isn't a problem, and the same with ui controller, and I can play without other script mods... but I have a lot of cc in my game, and those are a hell of a lot harder to go through to check for conflicts.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm thinking it's going to break anything that the game now expects to have flammability, an eco footprint, or being recyclable. S4S should hopefully come out with a batch fix, but it might have to label everything the same - probably non-flammable for any non-wood floor/wall, flammable for anything labelled as wood, neutral footprint, possibly recyclable based on category. If you have to differentiate every single item, it's going to take forever, and a lot of CC isn't being updated any more.

I did see that people in Deaderpool's discord are calling this the Ecogeddon patch, heh. It's going to be... chaotic.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2020
    Now I'm worried. I have a few cc build/buy items I really like. Mostly furniture, clutter and wallpapers. And a few electronics.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I was worried about this! Usually build/buy items are in the clear from being affected by any patch but this will be changing a huge part of gameplay. I really hope my CAS CC isn't affected! If I have to delete my build/buy I will try to survive but deleting custom hairs and suddenly seeing my sims naked and bald will be too much! haha
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    My only concern about CC breaking is that I don't remember where I got all of it, and so may miss updates.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh no, never though about this! *stares at cc folder like* 😬
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    edited May 2020
    I thought about this as well... I hadn't thought about the flammability or eco footprint, but had thought about whether CC BB objects would still function with the new billing system for tracking water and electricity usage. Will a CC sink for example register its water usage for your bills?

I feel like CC wallpapers and floors would probably still function, just without an indicator one way or another for flammability and eco footprint... Maybe they would just be neutral?

It would be interesting to get the thoughts of some CC creators about what impact they think the update might have since they know more about how the code works in their CC.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Prepare for the modapocalypse.
    I guess it's the consequence of us asking for expansion packs to actually expand on the entire game ;-) That said expansion on the gameplay usually does cause trouble with existing cc and mods.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited May 2020
    I was thinking it wouldn't do anything to floors and walls, much like upgraded features on a computer simply don't show in the menu for cc computers unless they are redone after the upgrades are added, but still function.

Now, as for the objects such as cc solar panels that we may have already DLd - they would be broken because they are tied to a global feature that goes beyond just the item itself that is being upgraded.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh nooooo it better not destroy my cc walls and floors!!!😱😱😱 that's a horrifying thought
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited May 2020
    I use tons of buy/build CC, so I am not looking forward to it the slightest. I won't be getting the pack, so I wonder if it means less things breaking?
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited May 2020
    Can someone ask a guru? This would stop me buying it as I love my cc so much ! Also I don’t have twitter
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Can someone ask a guru? This would stop me buying it as I love my cc so much ! Also I don’t have twitter

This has nothing to do with Eco Lifestyle. It's a patch update - everyone is getting it.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited May 2020
    EdithV wrote: »

This has nothing to do with Eco Lifestyle. It's a patch update - everyone is getting it.

Oh I see, gosh that could be really bad
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Ugh.... and this will strike in the June 2nd patch, regardless of getting the EP or not? Absolutely no escape then?

I'm doing a little programming, not games though, but I think that if they add those codes into a "code slot" that already exists, it might be possible to say "all items not having the new code will have code="0". No effect. I'm sure they could (and should) have done it that way, because the game is actually 5 years old and simmers have lots of CC that will never be upgraded by the creator. Crossing fingers, but hoping a guru can enlighten us a bit....
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I just asked simguruGeorge on twitter. Hoping he'll respond to it.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Thanks @liliaeth for doing that... Looking forward to hearing anything you might find out.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I just asked simguruGeorge on twitter. Hoping he'll respond to it.

He’s on Paternity leave, I would ask Ninja.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    I use almost no CAS or Build/Buy CC (except what comes with script mods that actually change gameplay). But, I will say this patch will break a ton of mods. Likely more than any other patch released in a long time.
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    Other than walls and floors, are any other build/buy items going to be tagged or measured by their flammability? Somehow I missed this entier concept! It's a neat idea, but I also dread losing some of my CC walls and floors. Glad I pushed through to finish my last challenge so that I can start over in a brand new save if necessary.
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Awenya wrote: »
    Other than walls and floors, are any other build/buy items going to be tagged or measured by their flammability? Somehow I missed this entier concept! It's a neat idea, but I also dread losing some of my CC walls and floors. Glad I pushed through to finish my last challenge so that I can start over in a brand new save if necessary.

I would think all furniture items made of wood would be tagged for flammability, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Appliances and Electronics will get new point system for energy consumption. Probably lights too.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I use tons of buy/build CC, so I am not looking forward to it the slightest. I won't be getting the pack, so I wonder if it means less things breaking?

I wouldn't gamble with a patch with this reach.

Actually, thank you OP for reminding me of clearing my folder tomorrow.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode