Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Kisses

Comments

• Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2020

Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part1)

~ Maybe it was a joke--maybe he was just trying to mess with me. But the way his lips felt against mine, it seemed like we were both enjoying it. ~

GkqibL7.jpg
    Still sweaty from gym class, Becky and I passed the Mansion on our way home. I noticed something I had never seen before: a light in the window.

CW2ZBnu.jpg
    Windows--they weren't boarded up anymore!

4nZoVtc.jpg
    "Becky, look!" I screamed with excitement.

uMbpAgZ.jpg
    This was the best birthday present of all! There was a figure standing in the attic window, staring up at the stars.

C9jw614.jpg
    "Oh, no! It's true, Raven. There are ghosts!" she screamed, clutching onto my arm.

wc5pdt4.jpg
    3SBpYzx.jpg
    "Well, this ghost drives a black Mercedes!" I said, pointing to the snazzy car parked in the driveway.

Post edited by Orchidah1 on

UEiOBxK.jpg
    "Let's go," she pleaded.

0RqShDM.jpg
    Suddenly the attic light went out.

1ZkYZQo.jpg
    We both gasped at the same time. Becky's nails dug into my thrift-store sweater. We waited, wide-eyed and speechless.

Du0lo13.jpg
    "C'mon, let's go!" Becky said.

Bui3HdF.jpg
    I didn't move.

sub8kZJ.jpg
    "Raven, I'm already late for dinner!

0kLRjvo.jpg
    We'll be doubly late for Matt's party."

kcyrO52.jpg
    "You've got the hots for ol' Mattie?" I teased, my eyes glued to the Mansion.

Not8XBP.jpg
    But when she didn't reply, I turned to face her. Becky's cheeks were flushed.

UuTtAmK.jpg
    "You do!" I said with a gasp.

U6iTki1.jpg
    "And you think I'm weird!" I declared, shaking my head.

5IrT3rc.jpg
    "Raven, I've got to go!"

z27LjZd.jpg
    I would have waited till morning, but whoever was inside wasn't coming out.

The light in the attic window had lit a fire in my soul.

edited May 2020

0dRlfIv.jpg
    "I saw a Mercedes parked at the Mansion!" I informed my family at dinner. I was late as usual, this time for my own birthday dinner.

30q5FDE.jpg
    "I heard they looked like the Addams Family," Nerd Boy said.

Nf7UFqQ.jpg
    "Maybe they have a daughter your age. Someone who doesn't like to get into trouble," my mother added.

TLhszsQ.jpg
    "Then I'd have no use for her. Besides, I have Becky and wouldn't want it any other way."

yIoQxLE.jpg
    "Maybe she has a father I can play tennis with," my father said hopefully.

8ca1wJZ.jpg
    "Whoever it is will need to get rid of all those old mirrors and crates," I added, not realizing what I had said.

7xmqogO.jpg
    They all looked at me.

IDcZhGS.jpg
    "What crates?" my mom asked.

8OpZf3j.jpg
    "Don't tell me you've snuck into that house!"

sSejtq2.jpg
    "It's just something I heard."

rFs8fyC.jpg
    tZ1oimt.jpg
    "Raven!" my mother said in that disapproving mother tone.

C7oQuYZ.jpg
    It seemed no one in Dullsville had seen the new owners. It was wonderful to have a mystery in this town for a change. Everyone already knew most everything that happened in Dullsville, and most of it wasn't worth knowing.

edited May 2020

Matt Wells lived on the good side of town, at the edge of Oakley Woods.

UkyByf2.jpg
    Becky and I arrived late and entered the party like we were movie stars entering a premiere. Or rather I did.

e7DPfde.jpg
    Poor Becky hung tightly to my side like she was visiting the dentist.

r7T89HP.jpg
    "It'll be okay," I reassured her.

iXRm7gL.jpg
    "It's a party!" But I knew why she was nervous. We were subjecting ourselves to ridicule when we could have been safely at home watching TV like Trevor said. But why should the snobs have all the fun? Just because Matt's bedroom was the size of my living room? Just because we didn't wear clothes that were "in"? So that meant I should sit home on my sixteenth birthday?

82QLDOD.jpg
    I felt like Moses parting the Red Sea, as a crowd of snobs dispersed from the hallway upon our entry. Our classmates eyeballed me, decked out in my usual Gothic garb. Too bad Tommy Hilfiger wasn't there. He'd have been flattered. Everyone was wearing his clothes like a school uniform. The sound of Aerosmith rocked throughout Matt's living room. A thick layer of smoke hung above the couches, and the smell of beer permeated the air like cheap incense. Couples who weren't staring disapprovingly at us were staring adoringly at each other. It was going to be useless to try to talk to anyone.

piWYg9O.jpg
    "I can't believe you showed up," Matt said, spotting us in the hallway.

PVLGOcx.jpg
    "I'd take a picture, but I don't know if you'd be visible!" Yet despite his bark, Matt wasn't as cruel as Trevor.

MEZYtnM.jpg
    "Beers are out back," he then said. "Want me to show you the way?"

vMhds32.jpg
    owmiexo.jpg
    Becky was in awe of Matt. She shook her head and locked herself in the hallway bathroom. Matt laughed and headed for the kitchen.

oLnYhgm.jpg
    I waited in the living room by a concert-sized speaker, perusing the CDs. Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, and a bunch of show tunes. I wasn't surprised.

3bVzGgQ.jpg
    I went back to check on Becky and found the bathroom door open. She wasn't in the hallway, so I walked through the crowd of hammered classmates to the kitchen.

MqP5QLK.jpg
    A group of hundred-dollar- hairstyle girls glared at me and left, leaving me alone. Or so I thought.

QtLcsDm.jpg
    "Hey, sexy Monster Chick," a voice said behind me. It was Trevor.

He was leaning against the wall next to me, a bottle of Budweiser dangling from his hand.

tAUhZIC.jpg
    "Does that line work for you at every party?"

xU9bVrA.jpg
    He smiled a seductive smile. "I've never kissed a girl with black lips before."

At4bSSE.jpg
    "You've never kissed a girl before," I said and walked past him

fOdgbDA.jpg
    He grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

0Lrgado.jpg
    He looked at me with his blue eyes --

JWjXhNY.jpg
    and kissed me on the mouth!

I have to admit, he was a great kisser, and it didn't hurt that he was gorgeous.

DOlnhN3.jpg
    Trevor Mitchell had never even touched me, much less kissed me, except when he bit me in kindergarten. The most I ever got was a thump on the head when I walked too close to him. He had to be drunk. Maybe it was a joke--maybe he was just trying to mess with me. But the way his lips felt against mine, it seemed like we were both enjoying it.

aSivo52.jpg
    MPoI2iv.jpg
    I didn't know what to think as he pulled me out the back door, past an inebriated couple mashing on the steps, past garbage cans and the fountain, under tall trees and darkness.

qPKPtdt.jpg
    "Are you scared of the dark, Monster Girl?" The woods let so little light in, it was hard to make out the stripes on his sweater.

"No, I quite like it."

fbr1VUp.jpg
    kb41ry2.jpg
    He pushed me up against a tree and started kissing me for real. His hands were everywhere--on me, on the tree.

ENBfEUg.jpg
    "I've always wanted to kiss a vampire!" he said, coming up for air. "I've always wanted to kiss a Neanderthal."

mczxOdo.jpg
    He laughed and went on kissing me.

pMLRreC.jpg
    "So does this mean we're going together?" I asked. Now I was the one coming up for air

FvNhDVJ.jpg
    "What?"

M1oxDOM.jpg
    "Like when we go to school? We'll hold hands in the halls and hang out together at lunch? See movies on the weekends?"

mDRSR5c.jpg
    "Yeah, whatever."

A1BrXVU.jpg
    "Then we're going together?"

fLKEImx.jpg
    "Yeah." He laughed.

SMyYvD9.jpg
    "You can watch me play soccer, and I can watch you turn into a bat."

P2VWSco.jpg
    He began softly biting me on the neck.

pCzcJEf.jpg
    "I bet you like it like this, don't you, Monster Girl?"

My heart sank. Of course, I didn't really want to be Trevor's girlfriend. It's not like he was Mars and I was Venus--we weren't even from the same universe! And I didn't even like him, really. I knew why he'd brought me out here, I knew what he wanted to do, and I knew who he was going to tell. And at the end of it all, he might win ten dollars from all his betting buddies for "getting the Goth Chick." I had hoped he was going to prove me wrong. Instead, he was proving me right.

JEADv5s.jpg
    It was time to get down to business.

gfIsz4i.jpg
    "Wanna see why I don't wear white?

FXNGt87.jpg
    Wanna fly with me?""

SN9LTiH.jpg
    "Yeah." He smiled, sort of startled, but very eager. "I bet you fly like Supergirl!"

Jb4DZhe.jpg
    I urged him over the picket fence into the woods. I could obviously see better than he. My nocturnal habits had always made me a great observer in the dark. Not as good as a cat, but close.

MiPOujV.jpg
    EyM2Dmo.jpg
    I felt safe and secure, with the beautiful moon now guiding me. I looked up and saw several bats fluttering over the trees. I'd never seen bats in Dullsville. But I didn't go to that many parties, either.

q9oDMUz.jpg
    "I can't see," Trevor said, removing a branch from his hair.

ovutNRG.jpg
    As we walked on, he flailed his arms like he was going to hit something. Some people are violent drunks; some are slobbering drunks. But Trevor was a terrified drunk. He was really becoming quite unattractive.

edited May 2020

AAp19VD.jpg
    "Let's stop here," he said.

cSumQnm.jpg
    "No, just a little bit further," I said, following the bats as they flew into the woods.

BK0xSuP.jpg
    "It's my sixteenth birthday. I want this to be a night I'll never forget! We need total privacy."

X7dFzY7.jpg
    "This is plenty private," he said, groping around and trying to kiss me.

I4iJas3.jpg
    "We're almost there," I said, tugging him on. The lights from the house could no longer be seen, and we couldn't walk five steps without hitting a tree.

Q5LrJF4.jpg
    "This is perfect!" I finally said.

ujI8z9F.jpg
    67prS9B.jpg
    hExcpm2.jpg

He squeezed me hard, not because he loved me, but because he was afraid. It was pathetic. --

edited May 2020

Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part 2)

~ He lay propped up on his arms, completely naked. I stared down at him in the faint moonlight, savoring the moment. ~

mU0Se0i.jpg
    There was a gentle wind blowing through the trees, and the smell of autumn leaves. I heard bats chirping high overhead. The full moon illuminated their wings. It would have been romantic, if only I had had a real boyfriend with me.

Read PART 2 >>> HERE

Please consider subscribing to stay updated with the latest chapters. Thank you for helping me keep this blog going <3<3

edited May 2020

Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part 3)

~ Blood! Thick puddles in the grass! But there was no body! I followed the bloodstains, afraid bits of his corpse were strewn everywhere. And then I tripped over something hard. ~

UdqK8i5.jpg
    As we drove along the desolate country road that twisted around Benson Hill, the headlights shone against the creepy trees.

Read PART 3 >>> HERE

Please consider subscribing to stay updated with the latest chapters. Thank you for helping me keep this blog going <3<3

edited May 2020
    Thank you @ArcherDK ! <3 I appreciate your feedback o:) it helps me to improve.
    I've noticed it uploaded a bit darker than the design, but this chapter is best read in a dark surrounding, more detail will be revealed and set an idea of how dark the woods could've been, but I will have to keep that in mind for the next dark chapters to brighten bit more.

I agree with you on the hair, I started falling inlove with Raven's hairstyle throughout this chapter as well and changed a few hairstyles of hers to rather suite this one.

I found the lips were still too dark but was already too far in editing the images to go back. I was thinking of using a lighter shade, what do think?
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    @Orchidah1
    Perhaps lighter shade would work better, yes. The contrast is great when readers can see her teeth, but otherwise it just look unflattering to Raven's otherwise gorgeous visage.

As for the lighting - I can clearly see the intent and applaud your choice. Unfortunately, my judgement is clouded by my relatively poor eyesight. Basically, practicality approach. Atmospherically, your decision is perfect. Darkness feels all consuming, as if gathering around Raven. Perhaps, it could happen deliberately?
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Orchidah1 wrote: »
    Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part 2)

~ He lay propped up on his arms, completely naked. I stared down at him in the faint moonlight, savoring the moment. ~

mU0Se0i.jpg
    There was a gentle wind blowing through the trees, and the smell of autumn leaves. I heard bats chirping high overhead. The full moon illuminated their wings. It would have been romantic, if only I had had a real boyfriend with me.

Read PART 2 >>> HERE

Raven is awesome!!!! I don't want to spoil for that haven't read, but wow she's so awesome!!
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Orchidah1 wrote: »
    Chapter 5: A Light In The Window (Part 3)

~ Blood! Thick puddles in the grass! But there was no body! I followed the bloodstains, afraid bits of his corpse were strewn everywhere. And then I tripped over something hard. ~

UdqK8i5.jpg
    As we drove along the desolate country road that twisted around Benson Hill, the headlights shone against the creepy trees.

Read PART 3 >>> HERE

Ohhhhh, I can't wait for more, I'm so loving this, bern waiting for that moment right there!
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    @Orchidah1
    Love the story. I found it captured my interest from the beginning and was able to hold it throughout. I will be keeping a lookout for more. Thank you for an entertaining afternoon.
  • KrisKat38KrisKat38 Posts: 1 New Member
    This looks cool! It's nice to see how you make all the scenes from the books and put them into the sims!
    edited January 2021
    Hi everyone!

It's almost been a YEAR in delaying the story :s My deepest apologies <3

Since the covid19 hit our country in South Africa the beginning of the year, it's been a proper disaster *sob* in the process we've lost our business my husband lost his job and we were evicted from our home.. we literarily lost everything, and sort of have to start over now. We've stayed in a temporary place via friend's help for 3months until we could find another place. A lot of other things went wrong throughout that period as well. The only extremely good news we received during the time was (after a painful and sad heartbreak of having a miscarriage last year) we found out we're pregnant! Big brother can't wait to meet his little baby sister and neither can we due April 2021!!!! <3

Our internet took so long to be sorted out in the new place, but finally got that up and running as well. Our murals have kicked off so well, we have to spend double as much time to work harder than ever before, all try to salvage, save our business and save as much as possible, there's a little on the way o:) We are rumored to go into a heavy lockdown again as our numbers are skyrocketing this 2nd wave... :'(

With all that being said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all simmers and readers!! Thank you so much for enjoying the story thus far. I've had a bit of a rest for 2weeks and was able to finish 2 more chapters! ;) Links to follow
    edited January 2021

Chapter 6: Exposed (Part1)

~"I'll kick your a**, Monster," he said one day. He grabbed my jaw in his hands when Becky and I were starting to walk home.~

ew7G4qz.jpg
    The story of Naked Trevor spread immediately through Dullsville High. Some students said he stumbled into Matt's house in a trash-bag diaper;

7lt9MIl.jpg
    others said he was found passed out naked on the back lawn. No one had a clue I was involved. Only Trevor Boy knew the real story. Apparently he tried to pass it off to his buddies as an encounter with a cheerleader. Either way, everyone got a laugh.

sFl0shy.jpg
    Trevor left me alone. He wouldn't even make eye contact with me. Gothic Girl had finally gotten the goods on the popular Soccer Snob.

VtjOhaI.jpg
    But I didn't want him to accuse me of theft. I had to give his clothes back, right?

sNu83ab.jpg
    First there was the shoe. I think it was the left. I strung it on the outside of my locker. At first no one seemed to notice the hanging loafer.

1U7badJ.jpg
    Those who finally did looked at it and walked on. But the next morning it was gone. One person had noticed it. Now it was time for others to take notice besides good ol' Trevor.

JCFeE86.jpg
    The right brown loafer was strung up in the same fashion. But next to it was a sign: MISSING SOMETHING, TREVOR? This time I heard giggles as students passed. They didn't realize whose locker it was. But they'd soon be catching on.

Each day a sock would hang out, or a T-shirt. I started noticing Snob Girls who would never talk to me suddenly looking over in algebra with smiling approval. They had been Trevor Tree Girls, promised everything, with nothing to show for it. Well, I had plenty to show.

ooLh1hv.jpg
    By the time his khaki pants were hung out, complete with grass stains and dirt, everyone knew whose locker it was. Now kids in the hall were grinning at me. Guys weren't exactly asking me out, but I was suddenly popular--in a quiet kind of way.

Except, of course, with Trevor. But I felt safe. Now that everyone knew whose locker it was, he would be the prime suspect if anything happened to me.

But he did make the odd threat.

pTnHGA9.jpg
    R74oYXc.jpg
    "I'll kick your a**, Monster," he said one day. He grabbed my jaw in his hands when Becky and I were starting to walk home.

dUXXnbT.jpg
    S8GvpET.jpg
    "Combat boots hurt more than loafers, Neanderthal," I shot back. My face was pressed between his hands.

fThEO04.jpg
    "Let her go," Matt said, pulling him away. I could see even Matt had enjoyed my prank. I'm sure he got tired of the Trevor attitude sometimes. After all, he was stuck being Trevor's best friend.

mhFVBtJ.jpg
    "You'll never be anything more than a freak!" Trevor shouted. Fortunately Matt pulled him away again. I didn't feel like going to battle after a long day at school.

bD12k9F.jpg
    "You just wait! You just wait!" he called back to me.

NeJ1nrd.jpg
    "Talk to my lawyer!" I yelled, secretly hoping I wasn't going to need a plastic surgeon instead.

BOK8jby.jpg
    It was time for the grand finale.