Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buried treasure?

AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
I must have dug 100 holes and still cant find the buried treasure. Is that right I have to "dig for treasure" to fulfill the vacation memory? Any tips?

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I think it depends. I sent a family on holiday to Twikkii Island. The mum managed to burst a water pipe, whilst her husband found two secret maps!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    They have to dig up a treasure chest to get that memory. It doesn't have to be on vacation, iirc.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Well, it's a rare thing you can find when you dig for treasure, no matter whether your sim is on vacation or not. If you still haven't found a treasure chest, the luck simply isn't on your side today. Try again later.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    You don't have to be on vacation to find the treasure chest. My Sims never go on vacation much in the hood I play, and they have found one on a community lot in the main hood and even on home lots. ETA: IIRC Jason McQuire (a Sim I created in my hood) dug one up at my graveyard one night..that was funny since I was pretending he was robbing graves. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You don't have to be on vacation to find the treasure chest. My Sims never go on vacation much in the hood I play, and they have found one on a community lot in the main hood and even on home lots. ETA: IIRC Jason McQuire (a Sim I created in my hood) dug one up at my graveyard one night..that was funny since I was pretending he was robbing graves. :D

Guess he found a rich Sim's grave XD

It is also completely random. Sometimes I got ages without a single chest. Then other times I seem to get one every dig.
  • FomalhautFomalhaut Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have a question about this feature. My Sims keep on getting wishes to "dig for treasure" or "comb beach for seashells". I have all the expansion packs except for Pets. Yet, none of the options appear, nor on plain ground or the beach. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Fomalhaut wrote: »
    Hello, I have a question about this feature. My Sims keep on getting wishes to "dig for treasure" or "comb beach for seashells". I have all the expansion packs except for Pets. Yet, none of the options appear, nor on plain ground or the beach. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much!

Do you have any mods installed?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I've found that treasure chests are rare and are found randomly anywhere you can dig. For me the most common finds are bones and rocks.