Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack Hairs!

Comments

• DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Boyfriend wrote: »
    So is nobody going to point out the solid fact that the locks with baby hairs look like an exact ripoff of a cc style from tsr? I know ea technically owns all of our cc but this seems like a major step over the line.

I think that since EA legally owns the assets needed to make usable CC for The Sims 4 they could also technically just take whatever CC they wanted from creators and slap it in the game with no legal repercussions. They don't, of course, for many reasons, but since they own the assets for all the CC they are entirely within their rights to make whatever content they want, whether it resembles CC or not. No line stepping here.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It's crazy when something you didn't vote for wins, But your actually love everything your seeing, this could be the best stuff pack so far, I'm soo excited for this, well done sims team 😊 please give us a happy haunts pack at some point in the future, spirit board, crystal ball, supernatural careers, when resurrection goes wrong sims can become zombies lol
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So is nobody going to point out the solid fact that the locks with baby hairs look like an exact ripoff of a cc style from tsr? I know ea technically owns all of our cc but this seems like a major step over the line.

I'm listening... post the link
  • LuluTheCuteSimLuluTheCuteSim Posts: 1 New Member
    O yes Baby! My fav. is Sim Guru Ninja's too! ❤️
  • glowinangel2006glowinangel2006 Posts: 22 Member
    The first one is definitely mom hair!!! <3 But I'm loving the second hairstyle.
  • SimstressSimstress Posts: 5 New Member
    Some very cute and diverse looks. Not sure how I feel about the ones duplicated for children, but any new hair is good hair!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2020
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    This hair will be my favorite in the whole game. This is so beautiful.

uvy8c0a35cfc.png

Totally agree. This is now my favorite hairstyle. I can not wait to get this pack. Thank you so much for whoever created this hairstyle. Love the baby hair. @SimGuruSarah is it possible to please remove the hair accessories from the hair? I truly hope you give the option to include the hair accessories or remove them. Also, I'm so happy kids are getting the same hairstyles too. Happy Simming!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2020

Saw it and I don't think they're an exact rip off and not to mention a quick google search yo can find very similar images of crochet locks like this? Which I'm pretty sure many CC creators end up doing when needing reference for a hairstyle, why there's so many hairstyles now that look close to relatively the same with custom content.

No one doesn't really own the rights to any hairstyle.

Bout when I see HUNDREDS of the high ponytail that's the 'ariana' hairstyle all the time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The hairs look good. The only negative is the fact we still can’t individually change the color of hair accessories. Like maybe I wanna put my Sim in the black crochet locs but don’t want white pieces. You all always decide the color of the hair accessories for us and I would like us to have the opportunity to change the color of the accessories without changing the color of the hair.

Any chance you all can work on that for the future?

I'd love that too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm looking forward to the new stuff pack, but it's really the expansion pack that I'm excited for. The hairs for me are meh, and the first one is not very good looking. What decade is the pack in...the 70s?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I really like the hairs for both female and males. The wingtips I can see myself using a lot on a lot of my older male sims for sure.

That new afro-textured hair with the locks is so much love. I've been REALLY loving you guys adding more and more of these into the game, since there was definitely a lack of them in the beginning . So seeing a little bit of them in each pack makes me happy because the quality has been great. Hope to see some fades for men eventually as well as some goddess braids.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    I absolutely love them....except for the third male hair....we already have one that is very similar to it already, that came with Movie Hangout Stuff, only with not as much volume :\ .

But the first male hair with the white hair and the two female ones look absolutely amazing!! A whole other reason to get this pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

TSR and whoever created that CC doesn't OWN a particular hairstyle. Stop making problems where they don't exist.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Crystal12345678Crystal12345678 Posts: 1 New Member
    Kk but why do the crochet locs look exactly the same as the piece hair by redheadsims, down to the same placement of the clips?
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    This is definitely my new favorite hair. My sim will be wearing this one for awhile.

Amazing transformation, Hope you've updated your Sim on the Gallery Dave, so I and many others can download your Sim.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Thank you for sharing the process with us, and thank you to the team for these awesome hairs! The older gent's hair is magnificent! And I love the mom hair and the Crochet Locs! I'm getting more and more excited about this pack! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited May 2020
    @Crystal12345678 I have that hair by redheadsims, but had to remove it from my game because the clips showed up on my Sims in the shower. I hated having to remove that hair from my game, so I am very happy the Sims did the locks with baby hair and made it look even better in my opinion. Some Simmers don't use CAS cc, so this is definitely a great add. The more hair, clothes and shoes the better. Hope they do this with more hair. Like feel free to copy these cc hairs Gurus. Pic 1 is Royal Rumble hair by simandy. Pic 2 is Wonder Puffs hair by Ebonix. Pic 3 is Locs and Jumbo Box Braids by Hallow Sims Hair. @SimGuruSarah ....I am super excited about the new hairs because I plan to use them all.

Hair-5.jpgHair-6.jpgHair-2.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    that mom hair A+ love it, could we have a grey roots version of that too?

also, love the baby hair addition on the locs

^ Yes, please! Grey roots version of "the mom hair" would look amazing!!!
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    With the addition of these beautiful locs, I hope this means that some day before the next installment that we get better skin tones. It has made me a bit optimistic.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Hearts4u I feel it's rude to say: 'Feel free to copy these hairs other people worked hard on.' It's not really your place to say something like that. 😅

And I think the team shouldn't even be allowed to just copy someone's hair and paste it into the game, pretending they worked hard on it either. Not saying that they're doing that, I haven't seen these exact hairs anywhere else but I think permission is at least something that has to be asked as a courtesy if anything, if they do want to 'borrow' someone else's work.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yesss, I love the hairstyle for Black women so much
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I appreciate hearing how this process works. I'm always interested in more hairstyles because they keep the game from feeling repetitive if you play with a lot of sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »

I think that since EA legally owns the assets needed to make usable CC for The Sims 4 they could also technically just take whatever CC they wanted from creators and slap it in the game with no legal repercussions. They don't, of course, for many reasons, but since they own the assets for all the CC they are entirely within their rights to make whatever content they want, whether it resembles CC or not. No line stepping here.

You never know but that that talented CC maker might even work for EA/Maxis these days. Don't make CC at all if you don't want EA to take it over but it is a good showground for your capabilities if you want to work there.

@Duvelina you do realize that this is exactly what CC creators actually do. They copy EA's work, make changes and do their own thing for the love of the game. The variety and quality of hair being added to Nifty Knitting is great. “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”― Oscar Wilde. Happy Simming!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Hearts4u That's recolouring and that is what some creators do indeed, but most hairs for example require entirely new meshes which have been created from scratch by CC creators. Most CC creators also ask for credit when you use their mesh and to not include it in any recolours. I don't see how no credit should be given from a development team when they decide to use someone else's work.